I wish to obey him completely.

Discussion in 'Christian Chat' started by LiCaMi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LiCaMi

LiCaMi Member

But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
    Luke 8:23‭-‬25 KJV
    https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.8.23-25.KJV

This verse is one of a nuggets that I got from Perry Stone ministry on YouTube. Don't forget that I am deaf since birth so I relied heavily upon closed caption. This verse above made me realized that I should obey Him fully like winds n water. I am praying that Lord Jesus will blessed my desire to obey Him fully like winds n water. In Jesus name Amen

Dave, Bron, mattfivefour and 3 others like this.
  2. yeshua'sbride

yeshua'sbride ♥ Standing with Israel

LiCaMi, it's wonderful to obey and trust Jesus! We should all strive to do that in our relationship with Him. :hug

That being said, please go to the search box in the upper right corner and type in Perry Stone. Many of our brothers and sisters in Christ are well-informed when it comes to apostasy in the church and they've been kind enough to share their knowledge with us in the Apostasy forum. Have a look around. :)

3. chaser

chaser Well-Known Member

Definitely a good idea to do some research on who you are following/listening to and the RF site has valuable information just like yeshua'sbride has so stated above.;)

4. Love His Appearing

Love His Appearing Well-Known Member

Love this. How amazing is our God?!?! I wish to obey him completely too. My problem isn't with my desire to obey, it is with knowing exactly what that looks like sometimes. I often find myself in places where I am saying, "Lord, I trust that You will use this for my good and Your glory. I trust that You will direct my paths. But could you please send me a burning bush or even a yellow brick road so I know what that path is??"

Side note (God wink): I was once praying for a burning bush type moment in relation to a tough decision we were trying to make. I came up the driveway while praying and the tree we have planted there truly looked like it was ON FIRE. Come to find out the name of the plant is "burning bush" as it turns the most amazing bright orange and red colors in the fall. I just chuckled and said Thank You, Lord for your sense of humor and the reminder that YOU are in charge! I think of the peace of that moment every fall when the leaves start to change. :)

Dave, Lynn, mattfivefour and 6 others like this.