I watched 'Dancing With the Stars' for the first time tonight...

RonJohnSilver

...because our adult daughter is staying over and wanted to see one of the performers. It happens that this episode was the beginning of the new season, 15? Anyway, only marginally interesting, a lot of hype and glitz and not much else until the final performer which was....two women, yes, two women, I hadn't heard of either of them but they, or one of them, is some kind of internet personality and gay. So, there was a lot of hoopla and 'I'm so proud' moments and 'history making' declarations and such. No surprise, really, but naturally, they got the top score of course and not for their dancing skills but for the same sex part. I thought of the verse in Isaiah, I think, about calling good evil and evil good. And they were lauded for being role models for the young people of America.... So, first and last time for me to watch that show.

TimeWarpWife

I watch very few newer shows on TV because they have to be woke in some way, shape, or form. Last season there was a new FBI show that I thought was going to be pretty good when I started watching the first episode, but in the second episode it was revealed that one of the female agents was "married" to another woman ~ never watched it again. The other day I caught the tail end of the 2018 remake of the 1980s movie Overboard which I didn't know had been made. Sure enough it turned out that one of the daughters was "transgendered" and dressed like a boy. I immediately turned the channel. I stick to old shows on Antenna TV, MeTV, FETV, and Turner Classic Movies. I also have a lot of dvds of good, wholesome movies and TV shows that I watch.

penbrat

I used to watch DWTS back in the day - the first few seasons were fun and I really liked Tom B. as a host. But over the years, the show has gotten more and more reflective of the current culture. I have not watched the last several seasons, esp. now that Tyra Banks is hosting. Add to it that they have an 18 year old LBGQ girl on there dancing with a female partner, so no thanks. When I watch tv these days, I watch the original Law and Order or old sitcom reruns, Create TV (PBS cooking shows - love the Great British Bakeoff or whatever is it called) or Buzzr network (old game shows).

CodyRhodesDiva

I watch very few newer shows on TV because they have to be woke in some way, shape, or form. Last season there was a new FBI show that I thought was going to be pretty good when I started watching the first episode, but in the second episode it was revealed that one of the female agents was "married" to another woman ~ never watched it again. The other day I caught the tail end of the 2018 remake of the 1980s movie Overboard which I didn't know had been made. Sure enough it turned out that one of the daughters was "transgendered" and dressed like a boy. I immediately turned the channel. I stick to old shows on Antenna TV, MeTV, FETV, and Turner Classic Movies. I also have a lot of dvds of good, wholesome movies and TV shows that I watch.

Goldie Hawn starred in the 1987 original. She turns 76 in November but doesn't look like it.

RobinB

Wow , did not know that about the Overboard remake. Yuck. Have never watched DWTS, so distasteful. I did watch a clip a few years ago when Candice Cameron Bure was on, when people were saying her moves and outfit were so inappropriate for a Christian woman.

Wings Like Eagles

...because our adult daughter is staying over and wanted to see one of the performers. It happens that this episode was the beginning of the new season, 15? Anyway, only marginally interesting, a lot of hype and glitz and not much else until the final performer which was....two women, yes, two women, I hadn't heard of either of them but they, or one of them, is some kind of internet personality and gay. So, there was a lot of hoopla and 'I'm so proud' moments and 'history making' declarations and such. No surprise, really, but naturally, they got the top score of course and not for their dancing skills but for the same sex part. I thought of the verse in Isaiah, I think, about calling good evil and evil good. And they were lauded for being role models for the young people of America.... So, first and last time for me to watch that show.
Just more of the continuous attack on Christianity and morality. God, not man, gets to decide what is evil and what is good. The beginning of evil is any deviation from what God has declared to be "blameless". These people will learn, much to their chagrin, no doubt, that promoting evil is never, ever a bright idea, as it brings judgment. They want to do what is evil in God's sight but then complain when He judges them for it.