I stuck my foot in my mouth!! :(

TeeTee

In my Spirit says this, but my flesh will respond more emotionally. I tend to react emotionally at time. I have to repent for all the times I opened my mouth out of order. Politics I have to be careful. Just recently, my friend was mad at me and called me out for something I said spontanously. I hurt her feelings. I had to repent. I did not mean to hurt her. I can get crabby and I snapped at her about getting together. I guess my irritability showed. It was at a bad moment. I apologized. I do not like to hurt her. Sometimes buttons are pushed. I realized later that what really hurt her was she was planning an event and I barked at her and did not support her when I should have. The Lord impressed upon me that I was wrong and my harshness caused her to cancel her plans. She was counting on me and last minute I bailed. We have made up and discussed it thru later. I took me a few days of prayer to ask the Lord to forgive me and help me make ammends. Bring it to the Lord and He will intercede for you. Reach out to the person, at the Lords timing to reconcilation.Thank God my sins are forgiven and my friend forgave me. It is harder with family and unsaved ones. Pray that the Lord will repair this one for you.

Andy C

I have not had this issue for years, but Im a recovering foot in mouthaholic. I had my foot inserted so often that my breath smelled like Tinactin foot spray. Now, I rarely speak to folks I don't know, and its almost impossible for me to get riled up over anything. All my daily running usually takes care of my stress, and controls my ability to not let loose.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, Adrian, tell us the rest of the story. :book
Well, as a new Christian I should have known better. But I was just a babe at that point with still a lot of the flesh apparent. ( :whisper Come to think of it, I am STILL bothered by too much flesh. Seems the closer I get to God the more of my flesh I see still alive. :sad ) Anyway, that boss went from disliking me to hating me and trying to get rid of me. But, thanks only to the grace of God, he failed. Not only did he fail, but my career got built bigger and bigger, with me receiving opportunities to do television shows in areas I had never experienced before, building a great resume and reputation in the process. From there I just kept getting bigger jobs, more awards, and higher pay.

But the truth is that I did not deserve a single thing! God alone designed my path and everything I once thought was due to me I came to see was done exclusively by Him. Glory to His name! Just shows that even a fool can do well in the hands of the great God and Creator and Sustainer of all things. Awesome is His Name. Awesome are His works. Awesome is His grace. Awesome are His mercies. And awesome is His love! :nod

JSTyler

Some of us don't function all that well in life unless we're in some form of self-induced dilemma. Awkwardness in social settings can fit as comfortably as that old and favorite pair of blue jeans.

At least I do my best to always be wearing clean socks, avoid mud puddles and always try to avoid the dog's preferred constitutional corner of the yard when I leave the crib, proverbially speaking. In other words, when I insert my kicks into my pie hole, which is frequent, they're typically pretty clean. There's something about bathing in the Word of God morning, noon and night (and in between when possible) that can almost sanctify even our worst blurts and blunders.

I do try and avoid the next level of trouble beyond foot-in-mouth though, which is cat's-head-in-light-bulb-box. Now that is untenable.

Amethyst

I didn't ask a chubby woman if she was pregnant because I definitely know better, but it was close enough to it!! :doh
What was meant as a compliment and good thing was not perceived as such and i didn't think AT ALL before I spoke.

And when it comes to making any type of comment about a woman's appearance I, of all people, know better. Even if it was meant positively, that woman may have a sensitive history I know nothing about.

JSTyler

I didn't ask a chubby woman if she was pregnant because I definitely know better, but it was close enough to it!!
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt...have seen all the sequels.
And when it comes to making any type of comment about a woman's appearance I, of all people, know better. Even if it was meant positively, that woman may have a sensitive history I know nothing about.
When asked, the list of possible answers;
A. You look tired today, didn't sleep well last night?
B. Haven't had your morning coffee yet?
C. You look great! No really, it doesn't make you look "________"
D. Had a rough commute?
E. Have you ever been treated to a spa?
F. No sprechen sie englisch/no habla englais/no parlez vous english/HUH? <-------------------------this one.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
I didn't ask a chubby woman if she was pregnant because I definitely know better, but it was close enough to it!!
Dave DID once ask a woman at the store when she was due to have her baby. She told him she wasn't pregnant, but in all honesty, the way she carried her weight made her look as though she was about 8 months.

Dave has never asked a woman that question again, and I'd smack him if he did. :smack

JSTyler

Dave DID once ask a woman at the store when she was due to have her baby. She told him she wasn't pregnant, but in all honesty, the way she carried her weight made her look as though she was about 8 months.

Dave has never asked a woman that question again, and I'd smack him if he did.
Praise GOD, as he did live to tell about and was able to praise GOD that he lived to tell about it.

ByGod'sGrace

I work in a bookstore on weekends, and I had babies on the brain (I had two friends tell me they were pregnant!) plus I've been kind of carrying the sorrow of wanting a family, but realizing I might never get one...so I saw this woman at the register and she seriously looked exactly like a pregnant woman, and I can't believe I did this, and to my everlasting horror and shame, I asked her "when are you due?" and she just looked at me horrified and said, "I'm not pregnant" and I was so horrified I didn't even know what to say or do, I just wanted to sink into the ground. I've never asked anyone that ever, and I wonder why I did in that moment, because I know you are never supposed to ask women that. Ugh....so, please go easy on yourself.

NCannie

What was meant as a compliment and good thing was not perceived as such and i didn't think AT ALL before I spoke.

I had a very similar experience recently! We went to dinner with my niece the other night at restaurant that we had been to once before with her. She laughingly said, “ you guys remember the last time we ate here Aunt Annie told me my hair looked flat and shorter!” All of the relatives remembered my gaffe! I know it doesn’t sound terrible but to a 22 year old girl this is the worst thing I could have said! I barely remembered it and my intention was not bad I just thought it looked different. Then she said whenever something happens to my husband I tell him at least you have never been told you have flat, short hair! So now I’m the family joke! Anyway, all that to say I apologized and and gave her a big hug and told her sometimes we say such “ human” things! Then I encouraged my sister in law to say something worse to get me out of the hot seat as a joke! We had a good laugh in the end!