I Sing the Body Electric

endofdays

https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/19/musk-the-tesla-bot-is-coming/

Remember that weird Will Smith movie about robots?

Yeah, neither do we. But Elon Musk does. Tesla is developing a 5’8” Tesla Bot, with a prototype expected sometime next year. The news comes during Tesla’s inaugural AI Day, which was streamed on the company’s website Thursday night.

The bot is being proposed as a non-automotive robotic use case for the company’s work on neural networks and its Dojo advanced supercomputer.

“Basically, if you think about what we’re doing right now with cars, Tesla is arguably the world’s biggest robotics company because our cars are like semi-sentient robots on wheels,” Musk said. “With the Full Self-Driving computer, [ … ] which will keep evolving, and Dojo and all the neural nets recognizing the world, understanding how to navigate through the world, it kind of makes sense to put that on to a humanoid form.”

daygo

https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/19/musk-the-tesla-bot-is-coming/

Remember that weird Will Smith movie about robots?

Yeah, neither do we. But Elon Musk does. Tesla is developing a 5’8” Tesla Bot, with a prototype expected sometime next year. The news comes during Tesla’s inaugural AI Day, which was streamed on the company’s website Thursday night.

The bot is being proposed as a non-automotive robotic use case for the company’s work on neural networks and its Dojo advanced supercomputer.

“Basically, if you think about what we’re doing right now with cars, Tesla is arguably the world’s biggest robotics company because our cars are like semi-sentient robots on wheels,” Musk said. “With the Full Self-Driving computer, [ … ] which will keep evolving, and Dojo and all the neural nets recognizing the world, understanding how to navigate through the world, it kind of makes sense to put that on to a humanoid form.”
I remember one of my favorite films.

pixelpusher

During the Millennium, I'd like to see robotic technology do all the "slave" work to make life much easier on us humans. Why not?
IMHO, because we will have resurrection bodies, and it's not going to get dark, we will have plenty of time to get things done the way we wish they could be done now. We won't have to toil the way we do now. We won't work for money, but for the glory of God, and our own satisfaction in doing it like we wish we could now. I've never designed a logo or a layout like I've wanted to, yet. Or carved a perfect paddle. JMHO. I could be completely wrong. But I think God gave us a creative drive, a need to produce and serve. But maybe someone's desire is to build robots, then they could sure build a good one in the New Jerusalem.

But eye has not seen, ear has not heard nor has it entered the imagination of man... lol.

Sure am looking forward to it tho.

Rocky Rivera

IMHO, because we will have resurrection bodies, and it's not going to get dark, we will have plenty of time to get things done the way we wish they could be done now. We won't have to toil the way we do now. We won't work for money, but for the glory of God, and our own satisfaction in doing it like we wish we could now. I've never designed a logo or a layout like I've wanted to, yet. Or carved a perfect paddle. JMHO. I could be completely wrong. But I think God gave us a creative drive, a need to produce and serve. But maybe someone's desire is to build robots, then they could sure build a good one in the New Jerusalem.

But eye has not seen, ear has not heard nor has it entered the imagination of man... lol.

Sure am looking forward to it tho.
Don't know about y'all, but I'll be opening up a restaurant in China during the Millennium.

Rocky Rivera

"Kung Fu Burgers"?
At the marriage supper, I’ll ask The LORD to give me the recipes for every dish served at the Marriage Supper. While we wait out the Trib in Heaven, I’ll practice making those dishes and when we return to Earth for the Millennium, I’ll start with the ones I can do best. If I get investors, I can start expanding in eight months or less. Because Christ’s return will automatically impose a cultural and partial technological reset on humanity, I can start my business with almost zero competition. I’ll be sure to seal up the recipe book and keep it a trade secret.

But burgers? Of course I’ll have them — with a unique Asian twist.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
So weird, i've seen videos of him virtually begging not to progress to far with AI cause it will turn into a terminator type scenario ????

He continues to warn but he needs for his companies to be able to compete, so he's got to forge ahead. That's one reason why AI is inevitable. I don't think this world has much longer, and the future capabilities is one reason why I think that way.