I need some advice

FaithInChrist

Well-Known Member
Do you think it would be wise to start paying for a non-refundable trip to Israel. The trip will be in April 2013. The first payments are due Sept 30 ($500). I want to go to Israel so badly, but I cannot afford to throw away money on a trip that may not happen.

What would you do?
 

Noah Cotterill

Well-Known Member
My pastor just went with some folks from the congregation and got back on Tuesday. Granted, that was before the possibility of the strike. Would I go? Only if it was in the next few weeks. I don't want to risk my wife and son. I would go any time if I were single.

I would pray on it more than anything.
 

Hannah

Well-Known Member
Do you think it would be wise to start paying for a non-refundable trip to Israel. The trip will be in April 2013. The first payments are due Sept 30 ($500). I want to go to Israel so badly, but I cannot afford to throw away money on a trip that may not happen.

What would you do?

Two things:

1) I never spend on any large purchase without passing it by my husband.

2) like I say to anyone who wants to gamble. Can you afford to take that money and burn it? If the answer is YES then go ahead. :hat:
 

livin_in_the_Son

Well-Known Member
I agree with Noah, go to the Lord in prayer. If He calls you there, then go. If He's silent, then heed that as well. Don't trust your heart, it can be deceitful.

I want to go to the Holy Lands as well, but I can wait until after, know what I mean? :thumbup
 

Noah Cotterill

Well-Known Member
I agree with Noah, go to the Lord in prayer. If He calls you there, then go. If He's silent, then heed that as well. Don't trust your heart, it can be deceitful.

I want to go to the Holy Lands as well, but I can wait until after, know what I mean? :thumbup
It'll be nicer then too! But it would be nice to see it how it is now :idunno:
 

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
If Israel strikes Iran, things may get ugly and be ugly for a while.
I'd seriously pray about it. With all that is going on in the middle
east right now, I would not set aside non-refundable money to go
but that's just me. :idunno:
 

Joe B

Well-Known Member
Probably the best answer is to open a deposit account and save until you have the funds to go.

That way when the time comes you will have the answer to your question, plus last minute deals can be so much cheaper!

Certain it will be a trip for you to remember, so recommend that you plan for it!
 

Meg

Well-Known Member
Probably the best answer is to open a deposit account and save until you have the funds to go.

That way when the time comes you will have the answer to your question, plus last minute deals can be so much cheaper!

Certain it will be a trip for you to remember, so recommend that you plan for it!
I really like Joe's advice. It would be best to set the money aside until you have enough for a trip (there are quite a few trips going over there), then book something departing in a short time (say 3 months, for example), and be very sure the travel company is reputable! That "non refundable" business makes me wonder... Also, booking over 6 months in advance, especially non refundable, is a huge risk, as things can get very strange over there in a period of about 30 days or less. The last thing you need is top spend money in Sept, only to have a conflict get going in the spring, when such things usually do get going. And of course, do pray and pray deeply over this...
 

FaithInChrist

Well-Known Member
Thanks everybody, my husband and I are going to talk with my Aunt and Uncle and discuss everything that is going on in the ME right now. It's their church that is going as a group and if I go I would really like to go with them. They pushed back the due date for the deposit because they are giving more time for people to sign up. Last night my husband said we shouldn't go, today he says we shouldn't count it out just yet. We'll keep praying about it. Thanks for all your opinions. I am taking it all into consideration.
 

Noah Cotterill

Well-Known Member
Thanks everybody, my husband and I are going to talk with my Aunt and Uncle and discuss everything that is going on in the ME right now. It's their church that is going as a group and if I go I would really like to go with them. They pushed back the due date for the deposit because they are giving more time for people to sign up. Last night my husband said we shouldn't go, today he says we shouldn't count it out just yet. We'll keep praying about it. Thanks for all your opinions. I am taking it all into consideration.
Keep praying. You've told your husband your end, and now God will work in his heart what should be done. God bless, sister :nod
 
Top