I Lost A Friend by Speaking Against Homosexuality

Amethyst

I’m crying as I read through this thread. So much love and gentleness shows a person how centered the Lord Jesus is in this place.

@God's Servant , you’ve been pleading with God for answers and He has certainly led you to RF. We need the discipleship from so many people here. In your other thread please do not view @athenasius as ‘kicking your while you’re down’, but showing extreme concern and being a mother hen to a fairly new believer. ❤
So many of us have been through the ringer with false teachings and have come out knowing them like the back of our hand.
I’m so glad you reach out with honest questions and share your struggles. So happy you joined this forum and are opening up about it all. :hug :hug

Len

people do not like the truth even when they ask for it, but perhaps the fact that you were willing to believe and speak that truth will be the most important seed that blossoms in that persons life one day as they remember it, and you remember to rejoice that your name was graven on Jesus hands and is now written down in heaven

RestInHim

:pray:pray:hug God's Servant

You have been given some really good encouragement, direction and love on here and I would just like to add that God knows everything you are going through and He is with you and will not leave you to your own devices. He KNOWS your heart and as many have pointed out and as Scripture tells us we will face these situations with people as we share the gospel.

The gospel is offensive and talking about sin is going to offend many even when we share with them how much God loves them. Most often, they don't want to hear about how their sin is the reason why they need Jesus. As we walk in our relationship with the Lord it can be a very difficult road as we face hatred, loneliness and often times accusations that are not true and sometimes in our love for others we can find ourselves trying so hard and getting ahead of God at times.

Because we have been given this gift of eternal life we want so desperately to share it with others so they too will not perish and in this we can be walking in the flesh instead of The Spirit. I say this because I know I have and I'm sure many here will testify to doing the same, we are human after all and we are all learning to walk out this walk of faith with our heavenly Father. When you look to Scripture you see that not one of the Apostles was perfect in their walk. Just look at James and John, remember John the love Apostle? Well in his earlier walk with the Lord he (John) with James we're called the "Sons of Thunder". This is how they were known, they could be aggressive, insensitive and they would not back away from confrontation.

First, I am sharing this with you only to encourage you and I am NOT in any way saying that you are doing this or that you are doing anything wrong or have done anything wrong. We are all growing in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior and as we grow we will sin, we will sometimes not be as sensitive or gentle as we should or sometimes we will be too forceful in our attempt to want them to hear us because we love them or sometimes we will react in anger or frustration. We are human after all, but, when we do and we know what we are doing is sin, we ask for forgiveness from God and others when we do and get back up and continue to walk with Him asking Him for His grace and guidance and help, strength and direction. And, that is our relationship with Him as we spend time with Him in His word and it is His word that we must be grounded in, not our feelings or our ideas/thoughts, but His word is the mandate for all that we do. Walking in the Spirit of truth empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Read here what James and John said to Jesus....

(Luke 9: 51-54)
A Samaritan Village Rejects the Savior
"Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

And here also....

(Mark 10: 35-45)

"
Greatness Is Serving
" Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, “Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask.”

And He said to them, “What do you want Me to do for you?”

They said to Him, “Grant us that we may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on Your left, in Your glory.”

But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”

They said to Him, “We are able.”

So Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared.”

And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

From the posts on hear you can see that others have faced these types of situations while speaking truth, so first, we know that this is something that is going to happen probably more often than not especially as we are nearing the end of the end times. Many are facing this within the walls of their immediate family, with spouses, children, adult children and parents, siblings and friends. Jesus said if they hated Him that we to will face the same hatred! God's word says we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Now, this verse can be interpreted wrongly but it simply means that we are to go on walking with God, working out our "sanctification" knowing that He doesn't want us to stay where we are but to grow in Him. That's it and in our "working out our salvation" we will sin, we will fail, but, God has given us His promises to keep us from falling away. As a child of God you are "kept" by faith and know that all your sins past, present and future have been paid for, so even as you grow He is going to continue growing you as long as you keep walking in faith with Him. He will complete His work in you.

I just want to share with you that in my own walk with the Lord I too have had these situations/trials, even within the Body of Christ! They certainly are not easy.. and when I say it is not easy, it is because for me it has affected my health as I am already facing health issues. So, it has caused greater stress and suffering, but, God has been faithful to me through them and He has given me strength and grace to get through them.

We will face these situations if we want to walk in the truth of His word and grow and remain faithful to Him. This is our testimony to His love and through these trials as we remain faithful we are bringing glory to His name.

When these trials have come into my life I have had the tendency to be hard(er) on myself and show grace to others... not saying I never sin/sinned, but, as I have gone through them and grown in His word I have seen how this is not a growth process without difficulties. Often times I have had the tendency to go over and over what I did wrong or ask myself what I did wrong and even if I didn't do anything wrong I would still question what I could of done differently. Part of this for me is anxiety due to illness and part of it is being very hard on myself but, even for normal healthy individuals who want to do what is right in God eyes, who want to walk in truth and love can find themselves questioning everything they've said and done when faced with situations that have gone this way. And, of course we are to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading and to when we are not walking in the Spirit.

We will have times of stress, anxiety, loneliness, heartache, anger, frustrations, but we are not to rely on them, we are to go to His word and allow Him to strengthen us and to change us. Don't let these trials and all that it causes to overwhelm you because He knows we are weak and need Him, He will empower you to go on even in the midst of the trials. Sometimes we forget how those in the Bible faced these very same things in their life, even Jesus.

What happened to James and John?

Well, God transformed them. John wrote the Gospel of John and he also wrote the Epistles of 1st, 2nd and 3rd John and became known as the Apostle of love and James was the first Apostle to be martyred. God can do the same for you and all of us. Don't be discouraged, He is faithful.

As far as your other thread, I just want to encourage you to remember that God's word is the standard for living out the Christian walk with the Lord! There is so much false doctrine infiltrating the Church and we are prone to look inward and want to look to our experiences and this is very dangerous.
Also we should not allow our good "feelings/emotions and thoughts" experiences for God and what He has done for us or is doing for us, but also we should not allow our negative "feelings/emotions and thoughts" experiences such as thinking we have failed him to be what we stand on. Never look to any of them, always lean on His Holy Word!

It doesn't mean you are experiencing a health crisis, this is very normal for humans to have feelings and emotions and thoughts and although it is possibly at times also to face a health crisis's and stress. But, facing situations with people we love so much and want so much for them to be saved can affect us greatly. It is not wrong to speak truth in love, it is not wrong to have feelings of being hurt and question what you or anyone of us has done in these situations, whether we acted rightly or wrongly.

But, we should never allow our feelings/emotions and our own thoughts be what we stand on or base our faith on as they will most certainly lead one astray. We must always be moving forward with God afterward and standing on the truth of His word only, standing on the promises of God, this is what we need to do in His love, in prayer and in knowing that He will be faithful to work out His good and perfect will in you.

Last edited:

chaser

But, we should never allow our feelings/emotions and our own thoughts be what we stand on or base our faith on as they will most certainly lead one astray. We must always be moving forward with God afterward and standing on the truth of His word only, this is what we need to do in His love, in prayer and in knowing that He will be faithful to work out His good and perfect will in you.
:thumbup

Lovin Jesus

" Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12. You did the right thing and you showed much strength by standing up for Christ, this brings glory to the Father. I will pray for you.

Last edited:

Sojourner414

Continuing to pray for you Daniel; I know how hard this is for you, and how badly you must be hurting from the pain of losing a friend. I also know that as many words as all of us can speak to you right now, that hurt is real and words alone cannot fill the void or bind the wound in your heart. But the Lord and Savior we serve can:

Father in heaven, we come before you in the name of Jesus Christ to lift up our brother Daniel and his friend to You. Abba, You know what happened between them, and the grievous hurt and pain caused by it. Daniel told his friend the truth and did not deny you, but his friend could not accept that and clung to the ways of this world. We have two hurting people here Father, and both of them need you right now.

For Daniel: please hold him close to You, and bind the tear in his heart caused by this. He stood in the trenches in this battle and was bruised in the combat over the soul for his friend. Please soothe his hurt, wash away his tears and lift his tender heart up again, Yahweh-Rapha. Restore to him the peace that surpasses all understanding and knowledge, and reassure him that he indeed followed Your will and gave a good testimony before both this world and his friend.

For Daniel's friend: reach out to him in mercy and grace, oh precious El-Shaddai. Draw him to You the same way You drew us to Yourself. Having compassion and forgiveness for the lost and those crying out in grief and agony, please have mercy upon this lost one. Just as we did not know love until you loved us, show to him the love that You had; the same love that sent Immanuel to die in our place. Bind and remove the spiritual wickedness and the forces of the Adversary that are holding his heart captive in the dire grip of homosexuality, and let him come to know You as Daniel has.

We ask all this in the name of our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ. Praise be to Your name, Yahweh-Tsidkenu.

Amen.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Father in heaven, we come before you in the name of Jesus Christ to lift up our brother Daniel and his friend to You. Abba, You know what happened between them, and the grievous hurt and pain caused by it. Daniel told his friend the truth and did not deny you, but his friend could not accept that and clung to the ways of this world. We have two hurting people here Father, and both of them need you right now.

For Daniel: please hold him close to You, and bind the tear in his heart caused by this. He stood in the trenches in this battle and was bruised in the combat over the soul for his friend. Please soothe his hurt, wash away his tears and lift his tender heart up again, Yahweh-Rapha. Restore to him the peace that surpasses all understanding and knowledge, and reassure him that he indeed followed Your will and gave a good testimony before both this world and his friend.

For Daniel's friend: reach out to him in mercy and grace, oh precious El-Shaddai. Draw him to You the same way You drew us to Yourself. Having compassion and forgiveness for the lost and those crying out in grief and agony, please have mercy upon this lost one. Just as we did not know love until you loved us, show to him the love that You had; the same love that sent Immanuel to die in our place. Bind and remove the spiritual wickedness and the forces of the Adversary that are holding his heart captive in the dire grip of homosexuality, and let him come to know You as Daniel has.

We ask all this in the name of our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ. Praise be to Your name, Yahweh-Tsidkenu.

Amen.
And amen! :pray