I heard something that I agree with....

Scilent

I like listening to Jan Markell, Jack Hibbs and J.D. Faraq (spelling?).... and I heard something that when I stop and think about it, I agree with them.

I know the Lord's return will be in His own timing.... but after these last few years in particular, I'm in agreement with them...

I'm surprized that Jesus hasn't come back to get us yet!

JSTyler

I like listening to Jan Markell, Jack Hibbs and J.D. Faraq (spelling?).... and I heard something that when I stop and think about it, I agree with them.

I know the Lord's return will be in His own timing.... but after these last few years in particular, I'm in agreement with them...

I'm surprized that Jesus hasn't come back to get us yet!
That simply means that there aren't enough people saved yet. Let's get hard to work and get that last pre-rapture saint saved and in the Kingdom and then away we go!

:rapture

Len

But I do not believe that "soon" means any time in the next 20 years.
I think you are right that it can and is going to get much worse, but that is also the part I do not think we will be here to see ...... not sure if you can say that "Christians" have NO idea about it you make it sound like you are the only one who has any idea of things as not only was I "in" the world, funnily but I am still in the world ...... and if the Lord hasnt called me home by trumpet blast within three years, I am handing my front door keys back in to the landlord ...... no, not really just kidding! but I will be surprised LOL!

cavalier973

I have seen discussion that our Lord's Second Coming (not the Harpazo) must occur within the lifetime of "this generation", which is defined as those born in either 1948 or 1967, depending on who one asks. A generation, it is said, is either 40 years or 80 years. Taking the latter, the SC (not the Harpazo) must happen by 2028 or 2047.

I am unsure about this, and prefer another interpretation (I think by Dr. Andy Woods) of "this generation", which is that it is those who are alive when the Harpazo happens.

Len

the SC (not the Harpazo) must happen by 2028 or 2047.

I am unsure about this, and prefer another interpretation (I think by Dr. Andy Woods) of "this generation", which is that it is those who are alive when the Harpazo happens.
I would like to add that I had never heard that other interpretation of the generation starting from 1967 ...... but up to 2047 eh? personally I cannot see this world lasting till 2040AD at the rate of social and political decay today, but then again I am not privy to God's plans.

Last edited:

usoutpost31

The Bible is full of references to God's long suffering nature and compassion towards sinners. I believe he delays his coming for this reason alone - to give the lost as many opportunities as possible, to turn from their ways and live, before his righteous nature cannot tolerate man's sinfulness any longer and his fearsome wrath is unleashed.

Len

The Bible is full of references to God's long suffering nature and compassion towards sinners. I believe he delays his coming for this reason alone - to give the lost as many opportunities as possible, to turn from their ways
( dear moderator, if this is post hijacking please remove it)

Yes thankfully our God is long suffering!!
As I can recall at least 4 times that God was trying to get my attention via some do gooder during my 35 years of "normal" human rebellion! .....

SO what about you other RFers? can you recall the times God tried to get your attention and you just did not see it or want to see it?

JSTyler

( dear moderator, if this is post hijacking please remove it)

Yes thankfully our God is long suffering!!
As I can recall at least 4 times that God was trying to get my attention via some do gooder during my 35 years of "normal" human rebellion! .....

SO what about you other RFers? can you recall the times God tried to get your attention and you just did not see it or want to see it?
I could make a list, a very loooooooong list of those times. What finally broke me down and beat me into malleable clay again was the shocking, unexpected and tragic loss of a beloved pet. She was an idol that had to get gone from my life...an idol that I had no recognition or idea of as an idol. Looking back she was way too important to me and as much as I hate to admit it, constantly took my eyes off GOD.

GOD has very mysterious ways and while they hurt like mad sometimes, I trust HIS judgements.