I have noticed that there are many who are either in unbelief or backsliden christians that notice something is going on.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Easier to say now that the end didn't come.

If I had been alive back then, and somebody told me Adolf Hitler was either the present or future Antichrist, I would've believed it, absolutely.
Yes except that basic television wasn't even a mainstay in the world at that time. I am sure there were plenty Christians who wondered "well how will the whole world see the 2 witnesses?"
There is no question of that now considering our technological capabilities.

Andy C

Yes except that basic television wasn't even a mainstay in the world at that time. I am sure there were plenty Christians who wondered "well how will the whole world see the 2 witnesses?"
There is no question of that now considering our technological capabilities.
Maybe, I do agree it makes sense. However, for Christians who were alive before TV, or Satellites were developed, and before there was even the concept of these inventions, would they still believe it was possible for the whole world to see the two witnesses? I think they would've believed that God would somehow make that miracle happen. Honestly, had I lived in the year 1000, I dont think I would’ve even questioned the “how”, but instead, accepted it is written in His Word, therefore it will happen.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Maybe, I do agree it makes sense. However, for Christians who were alive before TV, or Satellites were developed, and before there was even the concept of these inventions, would they still believe it was possible for the whole world to see the two witnesses? I think they would've believed that God would somehow make that miracle happen. Honestly, had I lived in the year 1000, I dont think I would’ve even questioned the “how”, but instead, accepted it is written in His Word, therefore it will happen.
Exactly, if Gods word says it you know it is true his word is the final authority!

Wings Like Eagles

If I’m a Christian living in 1939-1945 Germany, I am totally convinced the rapture ‘has’ to happen soon/any day. How could it not with what was going on then?
It makes me think, why are we any different at this point? I like to think we are, any day, going to be raptured. But then I think, welp, so did Christians during the Nazi regime. So I guess we will just wait and see.
One of the main differences is that there was no Israel at that time--essential to the final battle. Another difference is that there was never a real threat that the Nazis would be able to subdue the entire world. The Nazis as well as the Bolsheviks would have been quite envious of the tech-enabled despotism that appears to be aiming to overtake the entire world at present. But, as we know, they will NOT succeed. Even Antichrist, with all the strength and cunning of the devil who will inhabit his body, will not be able to pull it together. We can rest in the peace of knowing that our God is in His heaven and that He will defeat ALL of His enemies. Satan doesn't stand a chance. That's why he is so full of hate and rage, transmitting that hatred and rage to those who belong to this present darkness.

Wings Like Eagles

Was raised Catholic, we had no idea what was in the Bible.
That was one of the grievances that the Reformers had with the RCC--the forbidding of the Bible to the average parishioner. Also, since the RCC insisted that the Bible only be rendered in Latin, there was that problem as well. The average person couldn't even read in his/her own language, let alone in Latin. The RCC martyred William Tyndale for daring to translate the Bible into English, so that the English people could read God's word. They would have burned Martin Luther too, if they had been able to get their hands on him, but he was protected by Frederick the Elector. It is said that Frederick the Elector wept when Martin Luther presented him with a Bible that Luther had translated into German.

The entire public school movement was started by Protestants, in order to afford everyone the ability to read the Bible as well as bringing general literacy to the people instead of having it only available to the wealthy elites.

Last edited:

twerpv

One of the main differences is that there was no Israel at that time--essential to the final battle. Another difference is that there was never a real threat that the Nazis would be able to subdue the entire world. The Nazis as well as the Bolsheviks would have been quite envious of the tech-enabled despotism that appears to be aiming to overtake the entire world at present. But, as we know, they will NOT succeed. Even Antichrist, with all the strength and cunning of the devil who will inhabit his body, will not be able to pull it together. We can rest in the peace of knowing that our God is in His heaven and that He will defeat ALL of His enemies. Satan doesn't stand a chance. That's why he is so full of hate and rage, transmitting that hatred and rage to those who belong to this present darkness.
What does any of that have to do with the rapture? A signless imminent event?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Although current events, in and of themselves, are attention grabbing, I think God is using them to get as many as possible to pay attention and start questioning so as many as possible can be saved in time to avoid the Tribulation (time of temptation). Fertile soil for The Gospel. Basic belief is all that's necessary for Salvation and missing the Tribulation. If belief comes after the Rapture, regardless of what happens on earth, it's enough to avoid Hell and go to Heaven.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16, KJV

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Andy C

What you are describing is the times during the tribulation, events that could begin well after the rapture. Yes, I believe there will be a gap after the rapture before the tribulation starts.

Wings Like Eagles

What you are describing is the times during the tribulation, events that could begin well after the rapture. Yes, I believe there will be a gap after the rapture before the tribulation starts.
I do not believe there will be a gap, but I don't want to derail the thread with a discussion of why I don't believe there will be a gap. It's not a salvation issue but it would be an interesting discussion. We could start another thread to discuss it. :)

iwilltrustintheLord

At the rate we are going and how fast things are changing, I don’t see how it can be much longer. We know that things will continue to speed up the closer we get as well. If I were a betting woman, I would definitely bet that we are well into the season.
When jesus said the gospel must be published in every nation as it reads....i wonder if this will happen before the rapture or after with the 2 witnesses that God sends down from Heaven, and the 144,000 Jews. I think the nations will open up to God's word once billions of people are gone and the words gets out. nations will be seeking God then, but after 3 1/2 hrs satan, the antichrist will go nuts. May he get punished for eternity.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
When jesus said the gospel must be published in every nation as it reads....i wonder if this will happen before the rapture or after with the 2 witnesses that God sends down from Heaven, and the 144,000 Jews. I think the nations will open up to God's word once billions of people are gone and the words gets out. nations will be seeking God then, but after 3 1/2 hrs satan, the antichrist will go nuts. May he get punished for eternity.

Preached, not necessarily published or written. A lot of people are hearing The Gospel via radio, podcast, word-of-mouth, tiny audio player, phone app, etc., but will never get to read it because the Bible hasn't been translated and written in all languages (yet). Although a translation app could do a machine translation of a pdf, etc. copy of the Bible or part of the Bible, in another language. Given how inaccurate Google Translate is at times, this wouldn't be my first choice.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matthew 24:14, KJV

RaptureReady

Dancing with my Father God in Fields of Grace
I might be the only one, but in addition to how rapidly prophetic things are ramping up, has anyone else noticed that time seems to be flying by at a quicker pace? Here we are in the middle of August already and it just seems like we just started the new year. Maybe it's that the older I get the quicker time flies, but I've heard others say the same thing. Or maybe it could be that I'm just a crazy person o_O:loco

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I might be the only one, but in addition to how rapidly prophetic things are ramping up, has anyone else noticed that time seems to be flying by at a quicker pace? Here we are in the middle of August already and it just seems like we just started the new year. Maybe it's that the older I get the quicker time flies, but I've heard others say the same thing. Or maybe it could be that I'm just a crazy person o_O:loco

You're not wrong , i'm noticing time in general passing very quickly and getting quicker each year.