I have noticed that there are many who are either in unbelief or backsliden christians that notice something is going on.

PortWen

Now if it was BLM marching across the streets and destroying property and whatnot, then that would be totally "fine" according to the mainstream media. It doesn't make any sense.
Oh totally….also there were all those recent pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel protests, which were given heavy media coverage, with not a squeak about the breaking of lockdown rules, and the dangers of spreading rona etc. Such hypocrisy!

Neonap

Knowledge of mankind for one thing. It has reached a point where everything written of what's coming has a means of occurring.

Another is God's perfect timing. It wasn't then. It might be now. Just about everything points to now.

Indeed. Globalization is increasing as well, something that wasn't present or strong back then. We also have the characteristics spoken of in 2 Timothy 3, increasing as well. Another huge sign is the growing apostasy in the mainstream churches.

Number one sign of course is the rebirth of Israel, for all end time biblical prophecy to come to pass Israel has to be back in the land which they currently are.

Wings Like Eagles

Fervent prayer….yes! Personally, I’m praying more than I ever have before. Not just dedicated prayer times, but throughout the day I talk to Jesus, as I work and do stuff. I guess, doing what the Psalmist says in Psalm 91…abiding in the shadow of the Almighty.

I believe God is using this pandemic to draw His people closer to Himself.
Yes. What Satan and his moneyed hordes mean for evil, God means for good.

Wings Like Eagles

Now if it was BLM marching across the streets and destroying property and whatnot, then that would be totally "fine" according to the mainstream media. It doesn't make any sense.
Yes, it does, if you understand that certain mega-wealthy individuals want to tear down the U.S. as the bastion of freedom, and impose their totalitarian system on the masses. What would have happened if the fascists and/or the communists had not been opposed? The U.S. led the opposition in both cases and those who want to impose their evil intentions on the world determined that they would not make the "mistake" of allowing the U.S. a leadership role again. At the top of the globalist pyramid are incredibly evil people. The whole Jeffrey Epstein episode is just a small sample of the corruption. But, just as the Israelites fought back the forces of Satan, when they took the Land of Canaan, we have God on our side. The ultimate cure for this evil, sick and dying planet is ultimately the events that are depicted in the Book of Revelation--but, our fervent prayers for protection of the innocent will avail much in the interim. Amen?

Neonap

Watch out for false teachers who are trying to claim that the people of present-day Israel are not “real Jews”.

Yeah... I have heard about that nonsense. Those same people should go back into the Word of God and look at the amazing prophecies regarding how God would bring back and restore the land of Israel from the four corners of the earth.... Replacement theology and similar teachings like it are all from the enemy.

lismore

Yeah... I have heard about that nonsense. Those same people should go back into the Word of God and look at the amazing prophecies regarding how God would bring back and restore the land of Israel from the four corners of the earth.... Replacement theology and similar teachings like it are all from the enemy.

Another false teaching is from those who claim that all the prophecies of restoration for the Jews were fulfilled in the return from Babylon, ignoring of course all that the NT also says about the return of Israel. Jeremiah 31:5 is also a good reference to show to those who believe this false teaching, this scripture was not fulfilled until the 1950s/60s. God Bless :)

Neonap

When I read some of the proposals being made...such as Country X has determined that they will cut emissions by 68% by the year 2047, it always gives me pause. I think, certainly we will be long gone before the 2040s!!!!

Only God truly knows, but with the dark direction that we are heading in, I don't think we have that long. If we do, persecution might come for us since our freedoms and whatnot are slowly dying, in the US and elsewhere around the world. God is with us though and no matter what we face, Jesus will be here with us till the end of the world.

Kenny64

There are so many churches or christians that see what's going on around the world today but they either brush it aside or ignore it completely thinking that everything will go back to normal. There are so very few preachers teaching biblical prophecy nowadays, only a good few like Jack Hibbs, Andy Woods, Jan Markell, etc etc. I truly believe that we are seeing a small preview or foreshadow of the coming future tribulation period, it's casting it's shadow on our world.

It's been long time that I've noticed something going on. I will say I've attended a UMC church (https://www.bwcumc.org/) of how the OP say's seem to ignore the Bible teaching to hold "I think" worldly views.

So to my point. The Bible reminds us in Colossians 3:22–24 that our submission and service to human authorities should be done “heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.” Acts 5: 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, "We ought to obey God rather than men." 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. I do always turn to Daniel for guidance in this manner. The Story of Daniel in Lions Den.
Daniel 6: 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”

The foreshadow and preview are upon us. THE END TIMES AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH AND LOT In Matthew 24 and Luke 17, Jesus gave us a clear warning and indication of what this world would be like near the time of His second coming. Looking forward to the time just before His return, Christ saw the scene of this world and it was a mirror of what it was like back in both Noah's and Lot's day.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Even some nonbelievers have heard of the Rapture and Second Coming. They laugh at it, but they have heard of it. And when the Rapture takes place, they may actually come to believe.

There are plenty of Believers who've not been exposed to Rapture teaching. Won't they be confused, and then pleasantly surprised. If only all Believers would study the Word...

Neonap

There are plenty of Believers who've not been exposed to Rapture teaching. Won't they be confused, and then pleasantly surprised. If only all Believers would study the Word...

True that. There are many biblical doctrines that are not being preached in the "feel good" churches today, it's hard to find a church that teaches the whole Word of God. Subjects like the rapture, biblical prophecy, the seriousness of sin, Hell etc etc. Are all either avoided or watered down.

That's why we should pick up God's Word for ourselves and study it( which includes me) because false teachers are all about tickling itching ears. We need the good old Hell is Hot, Turn and believe in Jesus Christ and He is coming soon kind of preaching back in the pulpits.

cheeky200386

You could be right about who is noticing.

Abortion has been legal for 50 years. Is there any new law, or acceptable practice by society that is worse than abortion? No. Yet here we still are. The world is on a slow ride swirling around the inside of the toilet bowl, but its a ride that has been going on since the day after He was killed on the Cross.

Whats telling me that we are in the season is whats going on in the Middle East, especially as it relates to Israel.

IMO, when we all try and guess the timing of the season based on the depravity of society, its an exercise in futility.

I also do not believe the world will be anywhere near a true OWG until after the rapture. There definitely is a push now, but it wont succeed.

We may know we’re in the season, but I firmly believe the rapture will catch us all off guard, and thats fine with me. I love a good surprise!
I completely agree. There has always been depravity in the World and yet it's been 2000 years since Jesus ascended. I keep thinking there is a lot more time than we would all like to believe. Israel is the sign that is most telling.

Is that your granddaughter in your Avatar picture? What a cutie! I love her pigtails.

Andy C

I completely agree. There has always been depravity in the World and yet it's been 2000 years since Jesus ascended. I keep thinking there is a lot more time than we would all like to believe. Israel is the sign that is most telling.

Is that your granddaughter in your Avatar picture? What a cutie! I love her pigtails.
Yes, she is 8, picture was from a few days ago.

usoutpost31

Because Israel was not a nation during WWII. Israel returning to become a nation again is key to end times prophecy. A Great War didn’t necessarily have anything to do with a sign of the end, and many misinterpreted world wars or other disasters as a surety that the end is coming soon. I, as a baby believer even began to think that way. When I started studying Bible prophecy, the real signs we are looking for to signal the end became a lot more clear.

EDIT: I should clarify that I do understand you were referring to the rapture and not just end time prophecy in general. I am also of the belief in the raptures imminence.
Easier to say now that the end didn't come.

If I had been alive back then, and somebody told me Adolf Hitler was either the present or future Antichrist, I would've believed it, absolutely.

RobinB

The majority of religious christians (not necessarily members of the Body of Christ) have little or no knowledge of eschatology, and many who do don't have the Biblical perspective. I recently had a conversation with my older sister (a catholic) and I described to her very briefly the doctrine of her church with regards to the end times. Her response was where did I get that craziness? Not from the Bible...

Was raised Catholic, we had no idea what was in the Bible.