I Have Dumped Woke AT&T

Set free 47

I am sure you have heard that AT&T who owns Direct TV has dropped Newmax. They are obviously trying to silence conservative voices and keep just far left channels on like CNN and MSNBC. I was looking for an excuse to drop AT&T. I have been disappointed with things about them as a customer for quite some time, but their dropping Newmax and One America News while keeping the far left less popular channels like MSNBC and CNN prompted me to drop my phone service as well as internet service. I visited Verizon, but I was met by employees all wearing Fauci masks, and they were not very helpful. So, I went to T Moble. I liked that none of them were wearing masks and they were extremely helpful getting me on T Moble phone and internet. And I just called AT&T tonight and told them adios and why I am dumping them and their phone and internet services. Good riddance! I am completely done with them.

Last edited:

RedRx

People are starting to vote with their wallets. I think Christians and conservatives underestimate the power they have. We don’t have to support these businesses that align with values other than ours.

Hollywood as an example is starting to understand this point because they are starting to lose money on these woke projects. Forget being a Christian and a conservative for a minute. I’m tired of Hollywood’s constant bashing of men and how we are depicted in movies and television. They clearly have contempt towards all men so I’m choosing to not support them. I think more men should consider doing the same even if they are non-Christian or liberal. Even liberal men should be standing up and saying this isn’t right but maybe they are just brain dead or too busy virtue signaling to notice.

AT&T is the same. You’re free to push left wing political propaganda disguised as news such as CNN all you want. Just don’t expect someone like myself to sign up for any of your services. I can get left wing propaganda thousands of places for free whether I want it or not. Why would I spend my money supporting a company like AT&T pushing more of it?

I’m not advocating for going after businesses to try and destroy them. That’s what liberals do. What I’m saying is that if they want to attack or demonize Christians, conservatives, men, white people, or any other category I align with they shouldn’t expect my money or support. If I’m a horrible person simply because I’m white or a man or Christian so be it. I will be a horrible person that sticks to my values and spends my money elsewhere.

You’re free Hollywood to keep making movies and shows depicting men as idiots and useless. And AT&T is free to keep pushing a dying network that nobody wants to watch. And this successful “useless“ guy is free to spend my hard earned money elsewhere. I’ll parachute off my soapbox now everyone.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Looks like DirectTV was spun off in 2021. AT&T still has a large stake in DirectTV, but it is its own company. AT&T spun off into a merger with Discovery their Warner Brother's business. That company is called Warner Brother's Discovery now. That happened in 2021, I think... maybe early 2022. I think AT&T is pretty much back to being a telecom company.

I switched to AT&T cell phone service a few years ago after I got burned by a local telecom company. They offer military a nice discount and the cell service has been exceptional. Even driving up or down the ALCAN we've got a signal most of the time.

Generally speaking, I'm not a boycotter. If I know a business is Christian owned I'll make an effort to use that business... for example, I go to Chick-fil-A for a chicken sandwich when I'm somewhere where there's a Chick-fil-A... even though I prefer hamburgers in a big way. In my entire life I've never spent so much as a penny on a service for tv or streaming so this DirectTV thing has no effect on me. I have Amazon Prime, but not for their streaming service which is very limited... just for the free shipping... don't know if I'll need to be a prime member after I relocate to the lower 48.

We live in a fallen world. If I didn't want to do business with any company that did something that offended me, I think I'd have to be fully self-sufficient. I doubt there is a bank where I'd feel comfortable storing money, for example, so if I had any I'd have to keep it in a mattress. I wouldn't be able to buy the tools to farm my own food because of the companies that make the tools...

Do boycotts work? I don't know, but it sure hasn't hurt Target, which is one of the companies that pops up anytime one is talking about boycotting companies.

SkyRider

Technically "dumping" not break...
;)
One thing that this thread got me to thinking about was the numerous gay ads that are popping up via my cable company's sponsors and how the viewing public is now forced to watch or accept as being “normal”. Dudes kissing or in a “loving embrace” while the ad is supposed to be selling HIV or other prescription drugs, or even just regular products has gotten me riled up. I would love to dump or break away from the cable company if more of this trash is going to be aired - and I'm sure it is - but the whole overpriced cable company issue is a whole different tirade. It may eventually come to cutting it off, but I would miss my sports, the car shows, some news, some Christian programming and a couple of other things that I watch.

Andy C

In my entire life I've never spent so much as a penny on a service for tv or streaming so this DirectTV
There’s a line I bet nobody can match. I have never not had cable as an adult other than when in my younger Marine days living on base. I asked my wife on how much we pay each month for our bundle which includes cable, wifi, home security…….you dont want to know.

Andy C

One thing that this thread got me to thinking about was the numerous gay ads that are popping up via my cable company's sponsors and how the viewing public is now forced to watch or accept as being “normal”. Dudes kissing or in a “loving embrace” while the ad is supposed to be selling HIV or other prescription drugs, or even just regular products has gotten me riled up. I would love to dump or break away from the cable company if more of this trash is going to be aired - and I'm sure it is - but the whole overpriced cable company issue is a whole different tirade. It may eventually come to cutting it off, but I would miss my sports, the car shows, some news, some Christian programming and a couple of other things that I watch.
Yes, disgusting, which is why all the shows we watch are recorded so we can fast forward through the commercials.

SkyRider

The cable issue is always a source of heartburn. I can still remember the early days of cable, when basic cable was about $19.99 a month, plus another $10 if you wanted a premium movie channel like HBO. We are now paying $253 a month, which is close to 10 bucks a day for television. I have, in numerous times past, when I wanted to cut off some of the excessive spending that was going out of the house, had to call the cable company to trim some of the programming to lower the monthly fee. So, they take off some channels to lower the amount, but sneakily, over the months, start increasing the monthly figure again. About a year ago, we called again, to get the price lowered, so besides taking away any premium channels, they also took away some of the regular channels that we used to watch (like Smithsonian) but left the garbage channels that we never view. I mean, they took away a bunch of stuff that we would watch occasionally, and that really irked us. And again, the monthly fee was lowered, but now we are paying more than we ever had, and have a lot fewer options of the stuff we do like. Flipping through the channels now, it infuriates me to see what used to be on in the past, has now been taking away and UN viewable. And I'm thinking, they are charging me $253 for this?!?! And then to add injury to insult, I have to put up with their almost nonstop commercials telling me how good their service is! Arrrgggghh!

I would be happy to be able to customize what channels we get, and do away with all the rest. I don't need 900 channels of stuff we never look at, but would be okay with paying maybe a 100 bucks a month for about 20 or 30 channels of the programming we like. Will they ever do that kind of service? I very much doubt it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There’s a line I bet nobody can match. I have never not had cable as an adult other than when in my younger Marine days living on base. I asked my wife on how much we pay each month for our bundle which includes cable, wifi, home security…….you dont want to know.

Not only have I never spent a penny on tv/streaming, but I think my life is richer for it.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I would love to dump or break away from the cable company
This garbage is everywhere, we do not have cable, we have an antenna that receives about 25 or so channels plus 4 local and 8 educational PBS stations. The wicked ads are on many channels, not just cable. Also have a ROKU plug in to TV and can access PLUTO TV for free and some other options, so many we don't have time to see what's on them, and the ad's are everywhere.

SkyRider

This garbage is everywhere, we do not have cable, we have an antenna that receives about 25 or so channels plus 4 local and 8 educational PBS stations. The wicked ads are on many channels, not just cable. Also have a ROKU plug in to TV and can access PLUTO TV for free and some other options, so many we don't have time to see what's on them, and the ad's are everywhere.
A sure sign of the times. It just boggles the mind at how wicked the world is becoming. Can you just try to imagine the evil that will envelope the world post Rapture? Thank the good Lord that we will not have to witness it. We are seeing the trailers now of the upcoming “attractions”.

Carl

One option is to get your own antenna and view what local channels broadcast. I have found that there are enough shows that I like to satisfy me.

I had been with Wow for about 15 years. An ideal customer for them never complained seldom asked for anything. But the bill kept going up about 6 or 8 percent a year. Finally when it hit 390 I quit.

Set free 47

We have had Dish for about 5 years now. We are just getting one level about basic service and it is still about $150. per month a rip off!I I am looking into other TV services, but not one that you have to view it over the internet only. Two service that I will not go with are Comcast and especially not Direct TV.

Back