I have been struggling with thinking anyone actually goes to hell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I presented both sides of the debate. I do not hold to annihilationism or anything like it, personally--but there is the wording of Jesus Himself, in Matthew 10:28, that must be wrestled with. Also, in looking at Revelation 20:10,15--those verses do not say what Kelley says they say. He is making an assumption when he says they will all be tormented day and night forever. The verse preceding (vs. 14) links their condemnation to "the second death".

Jesus and the Bible does not support Annihilationism either. Let's just keep the "promotions or presenting of the sides" of false teachings off the board. It would be better than way. Like I said before, you can believe whatever you want, I don't want to "discourage" anyone, but at the same time we can't have false teachings on the forums.

Thank you.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Not doubting it--just would like the Scriptural backup for that point--which I asked for in my initial post.
Revelation 20:10 says that the torment in the Lake of Fire is "day and night forever and ever."

I nowhere see the Lake compartmentalized where some suffering is forever and some is not.

I am locking this thread. It has run its course. Any further discussion is fruitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.