I had a strange encounter while in hospital

caligal

On Friday while I was in the hospital a lady came to my door and said hello, and that she was part of the ministry there. I smiled and invited her to come in and she did. She seemed very nervous and I guessed that maybe not to many people were very cordial to her. I asked her about her ministry and she proceeded to give me her qualifications........ok. She is an ordained laity minister in the Lutheran Church. She didn't seem to know what to talk about or what to say.:idunno: I was very nice to her trying to put her at ease but she was just tongue tied. I had already mentioned the rapture and Jesus our Blessed Hope and I think that might have been when she lost her wind. I felt so bad for her and waited quietly with a smile because she looked like she wanted to ask me some questions, but they never came. I was very nice to her but she was sweating bullets and finally took her leave. I keep thinking that I failed her somehow.:crying Should I have been more aggressive somehow?

iSong6:3

Aww, poor sweetie, comforting the one who came to comfort. :hug

If you didn't feel led to get into further discussion, I wouldn't question if you failed her. :hat:

caligal

She had something on her mind a question I think, but she didn't ask it and having no idea what it might be I didn't venture a guess. I wanted to ask her if she would like me to pray for her, but I was afraid she would pass out, so I prayed for the Lord to comfort her and give her confidence in her mission when she left. :((

Lojt

She had something on her mind a question I think, but she didn't ask it and having no idea what it might be I didn't venture a guess. I wanted to ask her if she would like me to pray for her, but I was afraid she would pass out, so I prayed for the Lord to comfort her and give her confidence in her mission when she left. :((
IMVHO I think you did exactly as you should have done. The Lord brought her to you for a reason. It may have been just to plant the seed for her to seek Him in truth or to water one that had already been planted. If you didn't feel led to be more aggressive then trust you followed the Lord's direction. Continue to pray for her, as I will, and turn it over to Him.

hopefilled

that made me giggle a little seeing as you were the one in the hospital bed!!!

Good on ya mate - you planted some seeds and let us pray and trust that God will bring others to water them now :thumbup God can use us anywhere and anytime if we are willing hey!!

May God bless you HUGELY for your faithfulness and desire to share the most wonderful good news!!