I Don't Even Want to Write a Title

Aiyanna

I think this is something worth being angry over :hug

I’ll be praying with you. Thank you for sharing this. It’s awful, but when we are aware of what is happening, we can be specific in our prayers.
Thank you. I feel horrible for letting my anger have a moment. I always do. Jesus was righteous with His anger and His Words were true. Me.... I'm just a weak fool.

Lord Jesus please save these innocent lives. Your tiny masterpieces in the hands of the evil one. Save them Jesus.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I made the mistake of venting some of my anger about this on social media... I should have known better. I really should have. And I repent of my anger. I'm sorry. I just don't understand this.

Your response is a right response.... this is wrong and terribly sad.

It's a challange at times to be careful of emotions because of the extremity of what's happening, that they don't add to the problem. Easy to do, you're not the only one.

But when remembering that first God is incredibly merciful in this time of grace, giving time for all to repent and that He's the the one who will judge, either in Christ or outside of Christ, then we can continue to lay these things at His feet and seek His good will in our lives. Knowing He will deal in His righteous sovereignty, in His time.

Our job is to pray for this lost world, share the Gospel, grow in Christ and love one another. :hug

I love Psalm 37 in times like these. David, in a fatherly sort of way, gives wise advice on where to keep focus. On the Lord......not to worry about those who are destructive, even cautioning against anger (I have to watch that too :nod ). As I read this Psalm, it seems to speak to me several ways, one being don't let the world's ugliness make me ugly in response, or sin in response to sin.

Praise God we have a compassionate High Priest who's interceding for us when we struggle and through the Holy Spirit we are strengthened when needed.

:hug

Last edited:

Aiyanna

It's a challange at times to be careful of emotions because of the extremity of what's happening, that they don't add to the problem. Easy to do, you're not the only one.

But when remembering that first God is incredibly merciful in this time of grace, giving time for all to repent and that He's the the one who will judge, either in Christ or outside of Christ, then we can continue to lay these things at His feet and seek His good will in our lives. Knowing He will deal in His righteous sovereignty, in His time.

Our job is to pray for this lost world, share the Gospel, grow in Christ and love one another. :hug

I love Psalm 37 in times like these. David, in a fatherly sort of way, gives wise advice on where to keep focus. On the Lord......not to worry about those who are destructive, even cautioning against anger (I have to watch that too :nod ). As I read this Psalm, it seems to speak to me several ways, one being don't let the world's ugliness make me ugly in response, or sin in response to sin.

Praise God we have a compassionate High Priest who's interceding for us when we struggle and through the Holy Spirit we are strengthened when needed.

Thank you. I needed that. :cry

JamesSuth

Excellent advice.

Sometimes I stop and remember to take an eternal focus. God wants everyone to repent, but if they don't (and most won't) He will in due course punish them. When I think of God's righteous punishment it helps me to calm down - knowing it will be dealt with.

MapleLeaf

I think we should be angry about the murder of innocent babies and the corruption of the definition of good. I think apathy is worse than hate. We are supposed to hate what God hates. Just because we can't express our anger as perfectly as Jesus (no one can) doesn't mean we can't express it at all. The idea of being 'nice' is really a western one. Our society is as bad as the Aztecs when it comes to child sacrifice and people still feel so superior. It's gross. Expressing anger about the situation is NOT sinful. If someone else takes it personally then that's on them. Maybe it's their conviction showing.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Abortion, as our nation embraces it, is no more than suicidal genocide. We're killing ourselves.

And yet we have the gall to condemn USSR for its atrocities. War is bloody and destructive, its fruits are what they are.

To willfully murder our own and protect it with law screams for Holy judgment. molech and chemosh no doubt are screaming with delight.

Yet the grace of God begs us to pause, for each person to see their own lost state.
To repent, to seek forgiveness, to forgive and give to God the judgments we would be so quick to hand out.

To trust His Holy wisdom and long suffering. To behold His great Grace and Mercy. To Praise Him for withholding what we deserve.

And plead with those who would think so little of a child that they would snuff it out before even giving it a chance to be loved.

For blasphemy, for ignorance, for all the evil we do, I shudder at God's willingness to endure.

But what pain He must feel when we casually discard an infant's life that HE creates.

I imagine the silence in Heaven will follow the weeping after hearing all those cherub voices gathered together to sing Praise You Abba Father.

NewWine2020

Thank you. I feel horrible for letting my anger have a moment. I always do. Jesus was righteous with His anger and His Words were true. Me.... I'm just a weak fool.

Lord Jesus please save these innocent lives. Your tiny masterpieces in the hands of the evil one. Save them Jesus.

Your anger is justified even if the expression of it may be consistent with our present fallen state. Social media is a literal cesspool of people who actually get pleasure from fanning the flames of peoples anger. Some of these crazies might even be dangerous in the real world.

Social media is a lost cause. I had to swear off actively participating in social media (Facebook, Quora, Twitter and Reddit) because it not only hurt my witness, it was hurting my mental health and mood IRL.

Praying.

Aiyanna

Your anger is justified even if the expression of it may be consistent with our present fallen state. Social media is a literal cesspool of people who actually get pleasure from fanning the flames of peoples anger. Some of these crazies might even be dangerous in the real world.

Social media is a lost cause. I had to swear off actively participating in social media (Facebook, Quora, Twitter and Reddit) because it not only hurt my witness, it was hurting my mental health and mood IRL.

Praying.
I'm going to need to take a step back too. Last night someone got on and said something truly ugly to me. Something I never thought possible to say to another person. My brain just doesn't work like that. I know words are just words and people get really brave on social media. But it had a profound affect on me. I underestimate the verse that says the heart of man is evil, who can know it. I cried long and hard because that was an evil I was too naive and weak to expect or understand. And it was just words.

God sees this evil and 100x's worse every single day in our hearts and He still loves us. Deeply. I fall to His feet because I'm definitely not worthy of such deep love.

He sees what we do or what we have in our hearts against His own creation. That tiny human He just knit together. That tiny miracle that only God knows. The evil we do to this tiny person God wants to use and love. But He loves us anyway. He sent His Son for us anyway.
Oh Lord, that we could be a nation that would fall to its knees in repentance knowing we deserve every judgment we're due. Yet Your mercies are without boundaries. Anyone and everyone is able to accept Your salvation. No one is beyond Your grace and mercy.

TimeWarpWife

I'd say that it's righteous anger when you're angry about unbelievers committing acts of murder and torture like this against innocent babies. God is angry about it too. We can be angry about it and try to stop it by voting out these despicably evil politicians supporting it ~ which obviously no longer works in this country as proven last Tuesday ~ but what we can't do is take vengeance on them. God promises that vengeance is His and He will repay.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Yeah, with news and social media, I think it's wise to be careful on that. As a follower of Christ, I've not wanted to be naive necessarily but neither do I want to feed the wrong appetite or the flesh. So, if I'm finding myself overly angry every time I read the news, well, like the alcoholic that needs to avoid the bars so too, I might need to limit my news intake.

When I do read, I try to pray for all that's being reported on before reading, that God would take care of all the terrible stuff out there. That helps me to keep perspective. And I have to sometimes just limit myself to titles and not further reading of the articles. Otherwise I'll take in more news than bible. And, in the long run that's more important. I figure that God will get my attention on anything in the news I need to know for further action.....like specifically praying.

Our enemy will certainly try to bait us into ungodly reactions and attitudes where God would have us continue in Christlike, un-retaliatory heart, attitude, words and actions that don't cause further damage but is a continual witness to God's best and better ways in Christ. I believe this is what scripture may be addressing in the 'be angry but do not sin' passage.

And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.
Ephesians 4:26-27

If one thinks about it, this is exactly why we are seeing our nation struggling so much. Yes, there have been terrible things that have happened in how some people have been treated but in giving in to anger, great sin and destruction has ensued, adding to previous sin.

So, we don't want to be worldy in our own responses but seek the Lord for His strength and help to keep our hearts in line and in check with His loving ways and His will.

I will add, because of this posture in Christians I know, those adamantly against the bible and God, instead had their hearts softened by gentle and kind responses to the point that they finally responded to Christ, repenting and being saved. Of course this was God's work but we can play an important part in our purposefulness to put on Christ. Although we are not perfect, God can use a Christ follower in this way to winsomely draw interest in Jesus. :)

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I'm going to need to take a step back too. Last night someone got on and said something truly ugly to me. Something I never thought possible to say to another person. My brain just doesn't work like that. I know words are just words and people get really brave on social media. But it had a profound affect on me. I underestimate the verse that says the heart of man is evil, who can know it. I cried long and hard because that was an evil I was too naive and weak to expect or understand. And it was just words.

God sees this evil and 100x's worse every single day in our hearts and He still loves us. Deeply. I fall to His feet because I'm definitely not worthy of such deep love.

He sees what we do or what we have in our hearts against His own creation. That tiny human He just knit together. That tiny miracle that only God knows. The evil we do to this tiny person God wants to use and love. But He loves us anyway. He sent His Son for us anyway.
Oh Lord, that we could be a nation that would fall to its knees in repentance knowing we deserve every judgment we're due. Yet Your mercies are without boundaries. Anyone and everyone is able to accept Your salvation. No one is beyond Your grace and mercy.
Jeremiah 17:9-10
The heart is deceitful above all things , and
desperately wicked: who can know it ?

I the Lord search the heart , I try the reins , even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

There is no one more pro-life than God Himself.
He understands your grieved heart.
He understands your anger and frustration.
He gave His only begotten Son.

Those individuals who say nasty and ugly things to you are children of wrath. Therefore they speak as such.
Don't allow others hatred and ignorance bring you down .
Avoid social cesspools that promote ignorance and hatred.
Never feed into their trolling traps .
They want to upset you and rob your joy.

Let Matthew 5:44 work through you for the glory of God.

All those babies who have and are being aborted here , have their place eternally with God . Never forget that.

Remember who you are in Christ.
You are in my prayers .

TrustinHim

It is mindblowing that here in Michigan abortion has been made wide open legal. I'd like to think that vote meddling is why the proposal passed. More likely it's an indication of the darkness in the hearts of a majority. Our entire election went to the rule of darkness, I have to look up because I can't bear this whole mess any other way. I flew my flag today to honor our veterans I probably won't fly it for independence day as it would seem out of place now.

GotGrace

Please come quickly Lord Jesus. Come get Your children and put a stop to this.
In the mean time, oh Lord, as we continue to wait and pray, convict the hearts and minds of all the doctors and nurses as they look on these innocent children. These babies. Put a deep compassion in them, Lord.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mo...asure-require-medical-care-infants-born-alive
I cannot understand how the women viciously attack anybody who tries to reason with them about the killing of babies. I see them on TV raging about their right. Not one of them looks at it from the side of the infant. I keep thinking surely the Lord has to be close to sounding the trumpet.

Aiyanna

It is mindblowing that here in Michigan abortion has been made wide open legal. I'd like to think that vote meddling is why the proposal passed. More likely it's an indication of the darkness in the hearts of a majority. Our entire election went to the rule of darkness, I have to look up because I can't bear this whole mess any other way. I flew my flag today to honor our veterans I probably won't fly it for independence day as it would seem out of place now.
I feel you. There was so much with these last few elections that has left me questioning everything.

Dishonest scales are an abomination to the Lord, But a just weight is His delight.
Proverbs 11:1NKJV

This verse popped into mind. I know it's probably referring to something different. I just feel like the scales in these elections are being tipped. Not all, but a lot more than there aught to be. Enough to effect the balance of power.

That said, we are living in a truly Godless world. A world where people call good evil and evil good. A world that smears and detests the Word of God and anything having to do with Jesus Christ. A sick and cancerous world. And it's going to spread and get worse just like cancer, before the Lord comes and wipes it all clean.

We can only pray that Jesus comes soon.

Back