I apologize to Meg and others

melanie

Regarding the uncalled for comments I made yesterday such as "Wake up people, the stuff the FDA programs you to ingest is not healthy. It's hard to explain this kinda stuff to city people who think milk and eggs come from the store vs animals." And the rude comment where I said it's hard to learn anything when you know it all, I am sorry. It was unkind and not Christian-like and I apologize. Also, I made a comment about condescending remarks that have been made. I was referring to other posts/topics not necessarily directed at me, but I perceived these comments as self-righteous, judgemental and condescending. In reality, I probably took these comments the wrong way. I seem to be suffering from a case of the FUDs. Robert, I am grateful to you for posting this. Year or so ago I had read this, and realize I need to work on removing these damaging thoughts. For several years I have been reading this forum, which is a so valuable to those of us learning. Thank you for all the helpful posts. I should probably just stick to reading and learning. Thank you all and I am truly sorry. My comments made me feel so bad and I hope they didn't make you feel as bad. It's not right.

livin_in_the_Son

Melanie,

Don't beat yourself up, we've all been there too. :hug I find that if I leave the forum, pray, and take some time in the Word, when I come back I almost always realize where I messed up (either by my reading something wrong, or because I shot off a reply in anger). I'm not diplomatic, and given the problems with written communication, mistakes and hurt feelings are bound to happen, even among believers. I also apologize if I came off as a 'condescending, know-it-all'...I tend to do that if I'm not careful how I word my posts. :nod So smile, you're still my sister, unless you make me drink raw milk! :pound: ( too soon?)

YSIC,
Juli

melanie

Thank you, Juli and Meg. Juli, diplomacy is not one of my stronger points, either. LOL I'm blunt, in a bad way. Meg, I'm not giving up. Just need to remember some wise words I saw posted on this board a couple years ago. It basically said think of Jesus sitting next to you everything you type. Hugs and love to you both.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
This ladies and gentlemen is what happens when the devil tries to hurt the body and then God's people listen to the Holy Spirit.

Awesome, simply awesome. Melanie, it takes courage to do what you did and a heaping dose of humility to boot.

May God richly bless you my dear sister!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
This ladies and gentlemen is what happens when the devil tries to hurt the body and then God's people listen to the Holy Spirit.

Awesome, simply awesome. Melanie, it takes courage to do what you did and a heaping dose of humility to boot.

May God richly bless you my dear sister!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely!!! As I read her thread starter, al I could say in the face of such humility and godly desire to serve Christ regardless of the personal cost was ":bighug".

SteveJM

Melanie, I sure do appreciate you starting this thread. I think that many of us here have felt the need to apologize, and have in fact done so at one time or another. It takes humility which is a fruit of the Spirit. You don't have to sit on the sidelines. We all should learn as we take our spiritual journey, and grow from our experiences. Sometimes our conversations can become apples and oranges, where there are valid points being made by all parties but we're not looking at the subject from the same vantage point. Sometimes people say just one word and we feel it's becoming personal and insulting, and things can escalate quickly if we don't slow down, and sometimes just let it go and try to stay on point. I'm glad you're here with us, and I look forward to your participation in the future. :hug

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
It is so encouraging to know we are still a work in progress.... the Holy Spirit continues His work in us. Sis, I'm no better, in fact I'm the worst, the most opinionated, stubborn person here and that's a fact I will argue til the cows come home :lol: :hug

Kathy_57

While we seek to become more Christ like every day, we are still a work in progress - One of my fav scriptures is Phil 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus"

I thank God daily that He is not done with me yet!

Melanie - thank you for your humble heart and this thread :hug

Last edited:

Suzanne

Melanie: Don't stop posting just because you may have said something that you wished you hadn't. Most of us have messed up a time or two. There are a lot of strong Christians on this board who are intelligent and have strong opinions about certain subjects. I think the apologies that you made showed just how much the Holy Spirit is working in your life. God bless you, sister. :hug

melanie

Thank you all. Well it's never right to be rude/disrespectful, but I felt especially bad for doing it to fellow Christian brothers and sisters. Plus my comments shut down a nice, civil conversation going on, but we all trip sometimes.