Hysterectomy aftermath......please HELP !!!

MarleneF

Wow! I'm so sorry you and your wife have been so much because of this surgery. My SIL just had it a week ago, she has to sleep on the floor, as she cannot get off the bed. I pray she won't get all the problems you have posted here, Ducati. I did have a talk with her in the summer, and told her not to have the surgery done, but everyone these days seems to think invasive surgery is the way to go. Please pray for Kim to recover.

I've been told on 3 different occasions by ob-gyns I needed to have a hysterecomy or else! I chose to pray and seek God, and got a no answer every time. The first time, God told me there was another baby coming. That was simply not going to happen, but about 2 years later I got pregnant with twins. I did lose one, but my daughter was the other twin and she is one of the joys of my life, along with my 3 boys and 4 grandchildren. I won't give TMI, but I almost died from severe anemia the bleeding was so bad.

I found an ob-gyn who put me on Provera and it dried me up completely, my periods never to return. And all the mood swings stopped. It was so nice.

I am getting very paranoid about surgery these days. I know there are occasions it is needed and warranted. I had an appendix start exploding when I was 4 months pregnanet with my second child. Surgery saved my life. Same with my gall bladder (not just stones!) But when these surgeons start doing these random surgeries that can never be changed, I get worried.

I had my foot reconstructed in 2009. The foot was a deformed mess, but the pain wasn't too bad. A nerve was cut in surgery and I have had 6 years of nerve pain, and have to take Gabapentin 3 times a day for it. That was elective, but pushed my all my doctors, so I thought it was the right thing to do. I prayed a little, but not as much as to whether I should get the hysterectomy. My DIL's father and aunt both had knee replacement surgery, and ended up with worse pain (nerve) than before the surgery.

So I think everyone needs to pray in a big way about these basically elective surgeries. While not all surgeries are wrong, and some save lives, how many more post-op people are suffering in agony or other post-op issues, that the docs never even hear about? After all, at the end of the day, they have their money and it is not their pain or issues.

Ducati

Well its March 13.....2016 !!! (Check the date I started this thread) :gaah

My wife had her shoulder replacement last September - been in physical therapy since and had to have the SAME SHOULDER RE-OPERATED ON due to the PT being to aggressive and pulled her rotator culf apart.....can you believe this crap ?!!! :mad: (sorry)
She had the culf repaired a few weeks ago and is starting PT all over again at the end of the month. Praying for a good speedy (FULL) recovery and employment when all is said and done.
I know folks are praying for her cause she's remaining in good spirits "through it all" - that song has new meaning now. :amen

I can't thank you all enough. :thankyou

maryrae

Oh no, Ducati! :( Praying for your dw.
I know the feeling somewhat! I had therapy for a soft tissue (re)injury of my lower back/hip a couple years ago....and it was too soon after the incident. The pain was excruciating! I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days on an IV anti-inflammatory. I did a stupid thing about a monthago, and lifted something way to heavy and bam, back to the same old thing. I really hesitate to try physio again. I am on meds for it but I don't want to end up in more pain.

ReadyforSupper

I had a total hysterectomy at 38 but should have had it at 16. My reproductive system was destroyed as a child and I ended up developing endometriosis to boot.

By the time surgeons agreed to do the surgery, I was unable to walk or stand for more than a few minutes at a time.

I had no side effects other than becoming a eunuch (my mother hates it when I say that but it's the truth)

I suppose because my estrogen had never been right, the total loss wasn't much of a change.

I have two damaged rotator cuffs (one from a bike crash and one from a fight I had several years ago) but until those suckers fall apart, no doctors for me!

(And after reading the "non" results your poor wife has had, I'm not unhappy about two damaged rotator cuffs!)

Still praying for you both brother.

Ducati

Wow,been awhile.
Today - May 15,2017.

Just gonna start calling my wife Job.
Update: Shortly after her last job prospect and recovery from her second shoulder surgery we got a phone call from her family in another county tell us her brother had been killed. He was walking home around midnight one Friday night back in November and a truck hit him and he lay in the median over the weekend. No one found him till Sunday morning. Local news coverage and all - just horrible. My wife is still affected by this. :cry

February this year a growth was discovered on her thyroid , she was very scared and it affected yet another job prospect. The growth is not cancer so we thank God for that.:amen
Moving forward the job hunt continues. She is an amazing nurse with impeccable knowledge and skills, but her anxieties and inability to deal with life's stresses has gotten the better of her.:giveup

"THO HE SLAY ME, YET WILL I TRUST HIM"
Thank you for your continued prayers.

:hangingtree

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Wow,been awhile.
Today - May 15,2017.

Just gonna start calling my wife Job.
Update: Shortly after her last job prospect and recovery from her second shoulder surgery we got a phone call from her family in another county tell us her brother had been killed. He was walking home around midnight one Friday night back in November and a truck hit him and he lay in the median over the weekend. No one found him till Sunday morning. Local news coverage and all - just horrible. My wife is still affected by this. :cry

February this year a growth was discovered on her thyroid , she was very scared and it affected yet another job prospect. The growth is not cancer so we thank God for that.:amen
Moving forward the job hunt continues. She is an amazing nurse with impeccable knowledge and skills, but her anxieties and inability to deal with life's stresses has gotten the better of her.:giveup

"THO HE SLAY ME, YET WILL I TRUST HIM"
Thank you for your continued prayers.

:hangingtree
:pray
Brother, it sounds as though my wife and I have walked a very similar road in terms of health issues. One thing right after another. The answer we have found that works—the ONLY answer we have found that works—is to place our entire focus on God. He is trying to do something in our lives, and as we keep turning our thoughts and our hopes to things other than God, we find no real answers. But when, despite all of the troubles and pain and suffering, we ask God to work in us that which is well-pleasing in His sight, something supernatural happens. As we focus on blessing others, somehow—even in the midst of the problem—we find a peace and even a healing appearing. It makes no sense in the world's eyes. Not even in ours. It is completely counter-intuitive. But it fits with Scripture. As we commit our way onto Him He brings His will for us into being.

It's the only advice I can give, bro. The Message of the Cross is real and we receive everything we need from Christ solely by means of our faith in the reality of His finished work at Calvary. Drawing closer to Him so we may be used by Him must be our goal, and glorifying Him on earth our one focus; but as we do that, we will find Him giving us the strength or the victory or the healing (or all three) that we need.