Hypersonic missiles and lasers: US Navy reveals concept for next-gen warship

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hypersonic missiles and lasers: US Navy reveals concept for next-gen warship
The DDG(X) will be developed with space reservations to support emerging weapon technologies, such as high-powered lasers and hypersonic weapons.
By MICHAEL STARR
Published: JANUARY 19, 2022

The next generation of guided-missile destroyers, designed to support the installation of high power directed energy weapons and planned hypersonic missiles, had their concept published by the Defense Department's Program Executive Office Ships on January 12. The DDG(X), the designation of the program —'X' indicating that the precise design has not been finalized — will be developed with space reservations and modular capabilities for future upgrades to support emerging weapon technologies, such as high-powered lasers and hypersonic weapons.

The new vessel concept will "integrate non-developmental systems into a new hull design that incorporates platform flexibility and the space, weight, power and cooling (SWAPC) to meet future combatant force capability system requirements that are not achievable without the new hull design," the US Navy wrote in their May 2021 Budget justifications. "The DDG(X) platform will have the flexibility to rapidly and affordably upgrade to future warfighting systems when they become available."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/tech-and-start-ups/article-693994

Rocky R.

Waiting on China to call Joe and tell him to knock it off with the development of actual weapons and stick to having fagg*tz, dykes, queers, and sissies as their "deus-ex-machina". Hmm, on second thought perhaps sending AIDS/STD-infected soldiers to battle against a foreign enemy might be the latest and greatest in biological warfare...

Footsteps

If we don’t get these advanced weapons out of the concept phase and into the battle-ready phase soon, the “concept” generation may be America’s last living generation. Our demented Commander-in-Chief let it slip today that he is confident Russia will enter Ukraine, causing a need to adjust our “sanctions” accordingly.
We are not ready for war with Russia or China.
I don’t care if they call our hypersonic missile the RootinTootinPutin or the Wokahontas - just BUILD THE D*** THINGS, and pray America can be rid of
careerist Chiefs of Staff, and eventually acquire something other than total embarrassments on the fields of battle.

athenasius

I think it's probably too little too late, as years of Obama's ignorance of the threat mean that America is playing catch up. I"m hoping I'm wrong.

Modern warfare has changed. Drones, hypersonic weapons, and the use of terrorists, and paid mercenary armies to sidestep the Geneva conventions.

The American nuclear advantage, and aircraft carrier advantages are disappearing when the enemies of America are using alternative means to conduct war.

Trump was frantically trying to recover from the Obama years with his Space Force (like Reagan's Star Wars) but years of letting China and Russia gain technology (often by stealing American innovation) have left the US playing catch up.

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong.

Footsteps

I watched an empty suit further embarrass the United States in front of the world for two hours yesterday. His only discussion of military matters gave a green light to Russia to invade Ukraine.
I haven’t seen evidence of an America First agenda since the inauguration of our present Dissembler in Chief.

Bedra1958

2 Chronicles 7:14​

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

King James Version (KJV)

I wish we, this country as a whole, could just regroup and pray for Jesus to heal our land...

Carl

It used to be Russia and China could not steal our new technology fast enough to catch us! Now all they have to do is sit back and God gives it to them because of our relationship with God!

Carl

2 Chronicles 7:14​

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

King James Version (KJV)

I wish we, this country as a whole, could just regroup and pray for Jesus to heal our land...
Praying with you!

Len

years of Obama's ignorance of the threat mean that America is playing catch up.
I think your being too kind to Obama myself athenasius, he was just like Joe Biden is now and delibrately weakening the world through their agendas not just the USA ..... always the same master pulling the strings but after all the dust settles our God will bring forth good from all the planned evil.

athenasius

I think your being too kind to Obama myself athenasius, he was just like Joe Biden is now and delibrately weakening the world through their agendas not just the USA ..... always the same master pulling the strings but after all the dust settles our God will bring forth good from all the planned evil.
You are right Len! Couldn't help it. Sorry. :lol
saying sorry, yes it's a Canadian thing. sorry........ :heh

Jokes aside Len, I hate seeing your country and mine go down into the dustbins of history being conquered from within by the likes of the woke, the alphabet gang, the politically correct and all the army of snowflakes ready to melt down at any point they are crossed.

My heart breaks for you and other Americans like you and for Canadians like me. But God hears our hearts cry, and He will bring good out of it all as you said.
:bighug

Lastcall

Waiting on China to call Joe and tell him to knock it off with the development of actual weapons and stick to having fagg*tz, dykes, queers, and sissies as their "deus-ex-machina". Hmm, on second thought perhaps sending AIDS/STD-infected soldiers to battle against a foreign enemy might be the latest and greatest in biological warfare...
Is that what you really believe the American military is made up of?

katt

Well, not yet, but by the time our tratorist woke Go ernment and its puppet Generals get done..then yeah..it is what our military will be made up of...

Lastcall

Well, not yet, but by the time our tratorist woke Go ernment and its puppet Generals get done..then yeah..it is what our military will be made up of...
Its sad you believe this could happen to the million plus servicemen and women. Dont let a few headline stories dictate what you believe is actually happening down in the ranks.

Very few “woke” men and women would even consider entering the military, and even fewer would make it through the demanding training in boot camp.

Yes, a few Generals will try and grab headlines with what the troop call a “GOBI” - General Officers Bright Ideas. Seldom if ever do they have any lasting affects.

daygo

Its sad you believe this could happen to the million plus servicemen and women. Dont let a few headline stories dictate what you believe is actually happening down in the ranks.

Very few “woke” men and women would even consider entering the military, and even fewer would make it through the demanding training in boot camp.

Yes, a few Generals will try and grab headlines with what the troop call a “GOBI” - General Officers Bright Ideas. Seldom if ever do they have any lasting affects.
Agre Andy wouldn't work no way.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Hypersonic missiles... we're at the point where we're in an arms race with North Korea and maybe North Korea is winning...

What will China and Russia do when they can't copy our military technology because they're ahead of the USA? I guess the suicide rate among their engineers will increase.

DanLMP

I think it's probably too little too late, as years of Obama's ignorance of the threat mean that America is playing catch up. I"m hoping I'm wrong.

I don't think you are wrong, unless they have some hidden DARPA project that will save the day.

It can take years to develop new technology to the satisfaction of the Military Brass. We don't have years.

Rocky R.

I believe that's what the Brandon regime would have them do. I'm not blaming the grunts and boots -- don't get me wrong -- this is a jab at the brass and the suits. After all, who did Biden install as a four-star admiral despite being thoroughly disqualified for the position? Richard "Rachel" Levine, an obese man who thinks he's a woman. With all of Biden and his son Hunter's dealings with the CCP, you know they are at the beck and call of the CCP. Therefore, they would obey their Manchurian masters when they're told to knock off development of actual weapons and instead hand out those designs to their Communist overlords. How else do you think China was able to develop and test a hypersonic missle without stealing American military intellectual property? Those are very closely guarded state secrets, so I believe that Biden and company handed it to them. Plus, have you seen the latest ads for the army? It's all about "being you" instead of working as team, and being accepting of every sexual perversion on the planet. Meanwhile, the CPP and Russia dole out military commercials showcasing the might of their soldiers and overtly saying that ordinary citizens can become these warriors. Therefore, it's not a stretch to think that in the near future, there may be some all-gay American military units. I'm sure the 447th and the Tuskege airmen are rolling in their graves.

I was in the military back in the 1990's. During my tenure there, I saw the usual nepotism, people playing politics, everyone's super-lustful at tech school, so did my four then got out the door with all my VA benefits. In my last squadron, we had people being put on a control roster and losing rank because of failure to maintain a proper body weight. That was over twenty years ago. I wonder how the atmosphere is like now.... The Democrats since Clinton have been treating the military as a petri dish for liberal social engineering experiments instead of a finely-honed sword to protect and defend our nation against all enemies foreign and domestic. If the current top general is big on critical race theory and more concerned about pushing out this stupid jab than anything that concerns actual military readiness -- and nearly everyone below him on the chain of command wants to "kiss butt", what do you think the grunts and the boots are going to be like?

Last edited:

Lastcall

I believe that's what the Brandon regime would have them do. I'm not blaming the grunts and boots -- don't get me wrong -- this is a jab at the brass and the suits. After all, who did Biden install as a four-star admiral despite being thoroughly disqualified for the position? Richard "Rachel" Levine, an obese man who thinks he's a woman. With all of Biden and his son Hunter's dealings with the CCP, you know they are at the beck and call of the CCP. Therefore, they would obey their Manchurian masters when they're told to knock off development of actual weapons and instead hand out those designs to their Communist overlords. How else do you think China was able to develop and test a hypersonic missle without stealing American military intellectual property? Those are very closely guarded state secrets, so I believe that Biden and company handed it to them. Plus, have you seen the latest ads for the army? It's all about "being you" instead of working as team, and being accepting of every sexual perversion on the planet. Meanwhile, the CPP and Russia dole out military commercials showcasing the might of their soldiers and overtly saying that ordinary citizens can become these warriors. Therefore, it's not a stretch to think that in the near future, there may be some all-gay American military units. I'm sure the 447th and the Tuskege airmen are rolling in their graves.

I was in the military back in the 1990's. During my tenure there, I saw the usual nepotism, people playing politics, everyone's super-lustful at tech school, so did my four then got out the door with all my VA benefits. In my last squadron, we had people being put on a control roster and losing rank because of failure to maintain a proper body weight. That was over twenty years ago. I wonder how the atmosphere is like now.... The Democrats since Clinton have been treating the military as a petri dish for liberal social engineering experiments instead of a finely-honed sword to protect and defend our nation against all enemies foreign and domestic. If the current top general is big on critical race theory and more concerned about pushing out this stupid jab than anything that concerns actual military readiness -- and nearly everyone below him on the chain of command wants to "kiss butt", what do you think the grunts and the boots are going to be like?
Way to many points to dispute all with you, but the first one, Levine is not in one of the four fighting services in the US military.

Whats wrong with over weight regulations folks being demoted, or in the USMC, they were eventually discharged - as it should be.

Ok, I sidetracked this thread enough.