Hungary warns it could QUIT EU in furious attack at Brussels

The Saint

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...-EU-referendum-Brexit-EU-budget-recovery-fund
HUNGARY could quit the European Union before the end of the decade once it becomes a net contributor to the bloc's budget, according to the country's finance minister.

Mihaly Varga said Budapest’s membership of the EU could fall under questioning if its budget payments increase and Brussels continues to launch political attacks on the government. If a referendum was held on Hungary’s EU membership this year, the minister said he would support continued participation in the bloc. But Mr Varga warned this could soon change.

He said: “If there was such a question in 2021, I’d be among those who’d vote yes.

“But by the end of the decade, when according to our calculations we’d become net payers in the EU, the question may be in a new perspective, especially if the attacks by Brussels over values become sustained.”

The issue of Hungary’s EU membership is likely to be a key theme of next year’s parliamentary election.

The ballot is expected to be the closest contest since anti-Brussels prime minister Viktor Orban won power in 2010.

The strongman leader is facing growing opposition with a single goal to oust him, roll back his national power grabs and restore relations with Brussels.

Unlike Britain, which became the first country to quit the EU, Hungary has been one of the bloc’s biggest recipients of funding from Brussels’ coffers.

Budapest joined the EU in 2004 as part of an enlargement project that brought in nine other, mostly formerly communist, nations into the bloc.

Mr Orban has repeatedly claimed he has no intention to take Hungary out of the EU.

But he has used his leadership to challenge Brussels’ power, in moves his critics claim are increasingly authoritarian.

At the end of last year, Hungary, as well as Poland, threatened to veto the EU’s 2021-207 budget over concerns that new rules could see funds withheld from rogue states.

Both Budapest and Warsaw are currently subject to so-called Article 7 challenges amid claims of flouting EU rules.

It could eventually end with both rogue states having their voting rights removed.

National governments across the EU are becoming increasingly frustrated with Budapest, especially its controversial proposals for an anti-LGBT law.

At the June meeting of the European Council, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte told Mr Orban that his country had “no business being in the European Union any more” after Hungary approved the legislation.

And Hungary is currently fighting for Brussels to approve its spending plans for access to the EU’s coronavirus recovery fund.

The European Commission has delayed its decision to approve Budapest’s plans.

Eurocrats argue there are concerns with corruption as well as threats to the independence of the country’s judiciary.

As a result, they have held back on making a decision that would open the flood gates to £6.1billion of EU funding to Hungary.

The Hungarian government has said it will pre-finance the pandemic funding if the EU continues to delay its decision.

Mr Varga accused Brussels of pursuing “political charges” against Budapest.

He said: “The country doesn’t have time for this back-and-forth, that’s why we’re going to launch the national plan from our own resources.”
the beast had 10 heads and loses 3 when the AC shows up...I'm no expert but Hungary and Poland are conservative states always in conflict with the EU...
Could this be one of them?

GHoe

Currently the E.U. has a 27 country membership and only two (Hungary and Poland) are bucking against the liberal E.U. regime. So that doesn't quite align with the "10 heads / minus 3" reference. I think the 3 of 10 heads that will be overcome by the AC will come after a global re-alignment takes place which will establish at that time 10 new boundaries/regions/kingdoms and with them 10 leaders to rule them. I think the re-alignment to 10 kingdoms and 10 rulers will occur after a significant global event takes place, but I don't see it set up yet.

I appreciate Hungary and Poland initiative to not allow the liberal E.U. to dictate their moral compass and values and I believe God is using those countries and their resistance for His will and and for His glory.

(in reading up on Hungary and Polish current events I ran across the term "illiberal", it's uncanny how it is used in some writings and depending on ideology can dang near take the place of "illegal")

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I think the EU has to be destroyed as a political entity before the ten regions can be implemented. Remember the ten regions encompass the entire world, not just Europe. The European parliament will never give up power willingly. But I doubt it matters much because we won't be here to see it. :rapture

cheeky200386

I think the EU has to be destroyed as a political entity before the ten regions can be implemented. Remember the ten regions encompass the entire world, not just Europe. The European parliament will never give up power willingly. But I doubt it matters much because we won't be here to see it. :rapture
I could see the EU dismantled too.

macrohard

There really is an issue with this focus on the European Union and making the assumption it is part of future Biblical prophecy, it very well may not be and the events in the future are describing another entity that in the end does not matter to those in the Body of Christ, who won't be here anyway.

cheeky200386

There really is an issue with this focus on the European Union and making the assumption it is part of future Biblical prophecy, it very well may not be and the events in the future are describing another entity that in the end does not matter to those in the Body of Christ, who won't be here anyway.
I'm starting to think this may be the case also.

BaptistJohn

I'm no expert but I believe that the AC at first will have complete power to put the New World Order in any order that he feels like It won't be until he breaks his covenant that The Moslem Countries will have enough and Wold war will break out.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...-EU-referendum-Brexit-EU-budget-recovery-fund

the beast had 10 heads and loses 3 when the AC shows up...I'm no expert but Hungary and Poland are conservative states always in conflict with the EU...
Could this be one of them?
I think we are not yet there. So you can't say anything with certainty!
The EU itself might not be the final form prophesied.
But whatever last form will be I would love Jesus to come back even today!

Reason & Hope

I found this quote interesting:
"But he has used his leadership to challenge Brussels’ power, in moves his critics claim are increasingly authoritarian."

l can't speak to the specifics of Orban's administration, but we all know that the EU has become increasingly authoritarian itself. That's one of the major factors in the Credit vote. But here the writer believes that opposition to the EU's authoritarianism is itself a sign of authoritarianism, as opposed to freedom and national sovereignty.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

It's likely that western Europe will be one of the 10 regions. In that sense it would be part of Biblical prophecy. The idea that the 10 Kings of Revelation are 10 European countries sprang from when the EU was first forming... and people jumped on that with the idea even though it didn't correlate with what scripture actually tells us about the end days. It's a common error made to let current world events dictate our understanding of the Bible rather than understanding what the Bible says and then watch as prophecy is fulfilled as written. Understanding of the End Times gets pretty convoluted when wrong assumptions are widely accepted and then additional wrong assumptions are then based on that false foundation. Once a person sees things a certain way, it can be hard to correct that thinking.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm no expert but I believe that the AC at first will have complete power to put the New World Order in any order that he feels like It won't be until he breaks his covenant that The Moslem Countries will have enough and Wold war will break out.

The Bible tells us how the world will be ordered in the last days and the initial creation/implementation of that order occurs before the antichrist steps into the limelight. From the Seal Judgments, it appears that war initially breaks out at the front end of things.

Lepter

It does state that the legs are made of iron, being the roman empire and then the feet is partly Iron and partly clay, having the strength of iron but having no unity.

Daniel 2:41-43 [41]In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with common clay. [42]As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle. [43]And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.

So the final kingdom will arise from the former roman empire of 10 nations with strong and weak nations.

This is why I do not think the nations will be outside of Europe, except the nations that where in the ancient roman empire.