Humans to achieve immortality in 7 years?

LookUp8815

Futurist makes bold claim that Humans are on track to achieve immortality in 7 years​

Mar 14, 2023
(OPINION) A new video from the YouTube channel Adagio revisits futurist Ray Kurzweil’s ideas about how for humans, both singularity and immortality are shockingly imminent—as in, potentially just seven years away.
According to Popular Mechanics, Both concepts may take a stretch of reality to attain, but Kurzweil and his supporters are quite limber. The idea of singularity is the moment AI exceeds beyond human control and rapidly transforms society. Predicting this timing is tricky, to say the least.
But Kurzweil says one crucial step on the way to a potential 2045 singularity is the concept of immortality, possibly reached as soon as 2030. And the rapid rise of artificial intelligence is what will make it happen. Kurzweil believes that our technological and medical progress will grow to the point that robotics—he dubs them “nanobots”—will work to repair our bodies at the cellular level, as reported by Lifeboat, turning disease and aging around thanks to the continual work of robotic know-how.

And then, voilà: immortality. Naturally, the promise of immortality by 2030 has believers and critics equally excited and skeptical, repeatedly, of Kurzweil’s bold predictions. Of course, it doesn’t help that humans are experiencing a downward trend in global life expectancy, and leaders in the space are predicting that if this singularity does occur, it will wipe out humans altogether.
I sure do believe we will achieve immortality in 7 years... they are exactly correct.
We... as in born-again Christians... will... (IMO) be raptured way sooner than 7 years from now... and thus, be "immortal."
I sometimes chuckle at how these idiots in the world get things EXACTLY WRONG... I try to not read the news much anymore... but you can find article after article on a daily basis of how folks get things exactly wrong. LIke... you have to be completely brainwashed to believe anything these folks say.
Geez... oh well...

GHoe

If true, it might also explain why so many will actually think they can fight against God and win in the Battle of Armageddon. After all, they will think they have achieved immortality and no one can destroy them.
This is kind of along the lines of what I've felt. I think that human interfaced A.I. is going to be engineered to deny God, His Power or even manipulate our reality as to His goodness. I've seen articles from 2012 even where scientists were locating specific areas of the brain where spirituality, belief, religion were located.. that was 2012.

I think the fulfillment of gentiles may NOT refer to a # of saved but rather a point in time where the earth's population is about to alter whether knowingly or unknowingly their free will to choose God and Jesus. God wouldn't allow free will (regarding belief in Jesus) to be manipulated in his children.

But I do think A.I. especially neural interface type that Musk is working on will have (future versions?) an ability to shut off God in the users brain if possible or for the user to become their own god ? Maybe that's why the tribulation is ended because if not No one would be saved ? Mandatory A.I. interface by A.C. that makes the user God or accepts him as "God"... ?

...Last thought is God saw the the people under Nimrod building the tower of Babel and said if He didn't scatter them there was nothing that they could not achieve together. (Genesis 11:6).. Are we as a world population just now nearing the point in time God feared was going to occur sooner and the reason why the people of Babel were scattered ? A.I. or an achievement of "being God" could (seems to be) be man's ultimate destination and the reason for the scattering of Babel and also the rapture / Great Trib.

MapleLeaf

Oops, clicked on the wrong thread. I thought the Trump indictment discussion had taken on a rather peculiar turn.
My Tribulation Sore Cream, a Penny or Denarius for a quart.

And it'll come with a pair of slippers to cushion the sores on your feet, a pillow to cushion the sores on your head, and a Giza sheet to cover them all up :biggrin

But, you'll share them because you'll own nothing and be happy :eek

I thought that had said SOUR cream. Condiments would almost be a currency in the Tribulation, I suppose. But not really relevant to immortality no matter how delicious.

Jan51

I smell the Tower of Babel all over again. Only this time it’s not bricks and mortar, but computer chips. The hubris and arrogance are, however, the same.
Re the tower of Babel, I kind of doubt that God was concerned that man could build a tower high enough to actually reach to heaven. These men were characterized as godly and were not seeking Him but actively disobeying Him. He had commanded man after the flood to fill the earth, but they were creating an empire; God saw to it that now they would spread out. They were doing something serious and evil enough that the Lord did something drastic to stop them. If it was meant to be tall enough to actually reach to heaven, wouldn't they have started building on a high mountain instead of a plain? What else could it mean? A "tower whose top will reach into heaven" would be an astronomical observatory. This fits with other information, biblical and secular, about worship of the sun, moon and stars: false religion. They would rather worship the creation than the Creator, as described in Rom. 1:16-32. Babylonian accounts of this city tell that this tower was a ziggurat, which were centers of worship. Human sacrifice was sometimes involved.

Purchased With Blood

I sure do believe we will achieve immortality in 7 years... they are exactly correct.
We... as in born-again Christians... will... (IMO) be raptured way sooner than 7 years from now... and thus, be "immortal."
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

1 Corinthians 15:52-53

athenasius

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

1 Corinthians 15:52-53
Amen!

We who love the Lord achieve one form of immortality, in the presence of our Lord and King for eternity, while those who reject Him also achieve immortality, but in a very different location, in severe torment for eternity.

Immortality is coming

But as the joke goes, like the real estate people say-- location is everything.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those dropping in off the web to browse, make sure your location is secure with Christ.

Only those who belong to Him are safe from eternity in torment, pain and suffering.

John 3:16 says this: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus said this in John 6: 28- 40 about the ones who come to Him for salvation:

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

30 So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”

32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.

37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.
40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

-----------

I love some verses in Romans, that together give a full picture of salvation https://www.gotquestions.org/Romans-road-salvation.html quoted here with the explanation.

The first verse on the Romans Road to salvation is Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent. Romans 3:10-18 gives a detailed picture of what sin looks like in our lives.

The second Scripture on the Romans Road to salvation, Romans 6:23b, teaches us about the consequences of sin: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death, but eternal death!

The third verse on the Romans Road to salvation picks up in the middle of Romans 6:23: “But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 5:8 declares, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Jesus Christ died for us! Jesus’ death paid for the price of our sins. Jesus’ resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus’ death as the payment for our sins.

The fourth stop on the Romans Road to salvation is Romans 10:9, “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - and we will be saved! Romans 10:13 says it again, “for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

The final aspect of the Romans Road to salvation is the results of salvation. Romans 5:1 has this wonderful message: “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship of peace with God. Romans 8:1 says, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins.

Finally, we have this precious promise of God from Romans 8:38-39: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Would you like to follow the Romans Road to salvation? If so, here is a simple prayer you can pray to God. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation!

“God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!”

Back