Humans to achieve immortality in 7 years?

Jan51

Futurist makes bold claim that Humans are on track to achieve immortality in 7 years​

Mar 14, 2023
(OPINION) A new video from the YouTube channel Adagio revisits futurist Ray Kurzweil’s ideas about how for humans, both singularity and immortality are shockingly imminent—as in, potentially just seven years away.
According to Popular Mechanics, Both concepts may take a stretch of reality to attain, but Kurzweil and his supporters are quite limber. The idea of singularity is the moment AI exceeds beyond human control and rapidly transforms society. Predicting this timing is tricky, to say the least.
But Kurzweil says one crucial step on the way to a potential 2045 singularity is the concept of immortality, possibly reached as soon as 2030. And the rapid rise of artificial intelligence is what will make it happen. Kurzweil believes that our technological and medical progress will grow to the point that robotics—he dubs them “nanobots”—will work to repair our bodies at the cellular level, as reported by Lifeboat, turning disease and aging around thanks to the continual work of robotic know-how.

And then, voilà: immortality. Naturally, the promise of immortality by 2030 has believers and critics equally excited and skeptical, repeatedly, of Kurzweil’s bold predictions. Of course, it doesn’t help that humans are experiencing a downward trend in global life expectancy, and leaders in the space are predicting that if this singularity does occur, it will wipe out humans altogether.

Jan51

As I have said before, and I know not many seem to agree, I have believed for some time that something like this plays into the tribulation, the beast, what happens to him at the three and a half years, motivation for taking the mark, and why those who take the mark can't repent and be saved. They now believe they have the technology for something to happen within a seven-year time frame--very interesting in the light of an imminent rapture and the start of the seven years tribulation.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
As I have said before, and I know not many seem to agree, I have believed for some time that something like this plays into the tribulation, the beast, what happens to him at the three and a half years, motivation for taking the mark, and why those who take the mark can't repent and be saved. They now believe they have the technology for something to happen within a seven-year time frame--very interesting in the light of an imminent rapture and the start of the seven years tribulation.
I agree with your thoughts on this. It isn't a coincidence on the 7 year number. It all ties in to scripture with the 7 year tribulation. Hopefully, Christians are going :rapture home very soon. :yipee
:yeah

Nemophilist

If true, it might also explain why so many will actually think they can fight against God and win in the Battle of Armageddon. After all, they will think they have achieved immortality and no one can destroy them.

lightofmylife

If true, it might also explain why so many will actually think they can fight against God and win in the Battle of Armageddon. After all, they will think they have achieved immortality and no one can destroy them.
Deception is what this is all about wanting to deny their is Only One God. These people cannot achieve immortality without being saved then they will live forever. They must accept the gift of salvation. :fish

Last edited:

Jan51

And Zech. 14:12 tells how they die.

12 ¶ Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

lightofmylife

And Zech. 14:12 tells how they die.

12 ¶ Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.
Exactly, and I like this scripture for those who are hiding from God in the dens in the rocks of the mountains. Revelation 6:16. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Revelation-6-16/

SJ129

Honestly, my first thoughts are MoTB. “Immortality”, in the here and now? No believer would want that. As a born again Christian, this earth is the only hell I’ll ever know. But for the others, well, earthly pleasures are the only heaven they’ll know. Humans cannot play God. He alone determines our lifespan. And while technological advances can prolong life, no amount of technology can prolong it indefinitely. The king of king reigns, and He will have the final say. What an easy way to get ppl to accept the mark- by promising them they’ll live forever. And it is tempting. No one likes death. BUT- as Christian’s, we know that the earth is NOT our home, so we long for the other side, and short of the rapture, death is our ticket home. (Not trying to sound morbid at all). I’ve never trusted the new biotech. I feel humanity has reached the “peak” of tech advances, and now the more tech we come out with, it is dismantling society rather than benefiting it.

lightofmylife

Honestly, my first thoughts are MoTB. “Immortality”, in the here and now? No believer would want that. As a born again Christian, this earth is the only hell I’ll ever know. But for the others, well, earthly pleasures are the only heaven they’ll know. Humans cannot play God. He alone determines our lifespan. And while technological advances can prolong life, no amount of technology can prolong it indefinitely. The king of king reigns, and He will have the final say. What an easy way to get ppl to accept the mark- by promising them they’ll live forever. And it is tempting. No one likes death. BUT- as Christian’s, we know that the earth is NOT our home, so we long for the other side, and short of the rapture, death is our ticket home. (Not trying to sound morbid at all). I’ve never trusted the new biotech. I feel humanity has reached the “peak” of tech advances, and now the more tech we come out with, it is dismantling society rather than benefiting it.
Very good post, and also for those who think money can buy them everything they better think again. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose their own soul. Money can't buy salvation it was paid in full by :fish.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
There in is part of the lie, to be able to record so much info on a person: history, memories, attributes and create a mock copy that seems to be the very person.
satan can make it look like he gives life. And believing you can live forever in this world is a pipe dream.

No one escapes judgement. All souls return to the Creator.
You need your sins covered by the Blood of Christ, you need to believe in Him and receive your pardon.

Romans 14:12
So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Hebrews 4:13
No creature is hidden from Him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account

1 Peter 4:5
They will give an account to the One who stands ready to judge the living and the dead.

Dave_97

It’s the whole Transhumanism movement trying to merge man with technology. Look it up.

This is my personal opinion, but over the last few years I’ve come to the conclusion the mark of the beast is probably something that could give you some sort of physical immortality/invincibility but also alters your body from being fully “human”, hence your technically ineligible for salvation. Christ died for mankind, and nothing else. If you are not a human being you have no path for salvation.

Satan has tried to counterfeit everything God has done. God has a trinity, Satan has tried to mimic that through Satan himself, Antichrist, False prophet. The same way God offers eternal life in a body that is glorified and perfect without corruption, it seems fitting Satan will try offer humanity some sort of immortality in this fallen corrupted body to live in sin in the physical world as long as they want.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
“Creepy” - the best one word description of this topic. I don’t know about you, but when I’m looking for immortal truths, Popular Mechanics is where I turn. If Anthony Fauci says he has developed a vaccine for death, I want to know if there is a gain of function component which allows you to choose your age. If Fauci becomes immortal but can’t look better, he will live longer than Gollum, but he will also look a lot like Gollum. Do you ever wonder what God knew we would look like if Adam and Eve had eaten of the forbidden tree and then eaten of the Tree of Life and lived forever? Fauci at age 254,000 wearing a Gollum mask to hide the hideous impact already being experienced by celebrities who had Botox at age 50 and now look 550?
Madonna is sort of resembling the transition phase of Smeagol to Gollum

usoutpost31

Well they seem to die at an impressive rate during the Tribulation. The Mark is not going to be any sort of protection from God's judgement, the temporal ones or the eternal ones.

Famine stalks the earth and there is a lack of clean drinking water, among many other things. (Rev 6:6,8; 8:11). There's no technology that can help you live if there's no food to eat and no water to drink. Wars are fought and people are committing murders. (Rev 6:4, 9:21). The desire for death is still there (Rev 9:6).

I don't see immortality playing into it. Kurzweil can predict whatever he wants - and his previous predictions have been shown to be wrong. He's getting old like the rest of us.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This is my personal opinion, but over the last few years I’ve come to the conclusion the mark of the beast is probably something that could give you some sort of physical immortality/invincibility

The Word indicates massive numbers of dead during the Tribulation years so I'd suggest that the quoted thought doesn't have a place in what's coming. What it will give them is sores.

Back