How’s your summer?

yrrek

It feels like summer didn’t really happen and is not really happening now. It’s got a fall feel. All it’s done here in lovely Ohio is rain. It is also the first summer without my dad. He died in January and I’m struggling to accept this. In a few weeks, school is supposed to start. With talk about more shutdowns, I’m very anxious. My youngest is starting kindergarten and the last thing I want for him is to have to try it at home. I actually planned on going back to school too for visual communications. If I have to home school my kids I don’t think I’ll have anything left to give. I just feel so done. This summer isn’t even over yet and I’m dreading the end of next month when everything starts up again.

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Sorry about your dad (1st summer for me without my brother and it's strange)and praying the Lord bless you with your kids and no shutdowns. your weather is too wet, we have been too dry in summer mode since mid May and June we had mid to high 90's everyday and NO rain and one day of 105* ! Usually in June everything is green and lush, this year everything was brown like late July, then it rained off and on a week, everything green back up and now we are back into high 90 temps again with no rain and grass browning out again, so unusual. My summer has been real busy nothing but work on our house and in the yard, and the last 2 weeks have been crazy with tree debris cleanup, one of our neighbors still without power, downed tree tore power line out of the house, electricians there everyday , I'm sure they will be delighted to have power praying it is soon for them.
I'm ready for a break, maybe August will be not so hot and I can relax a bit. Actually I hope we rapture soon, I'm just so ready.

RobinB

yrrek, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That's gonna make any season rough. Not sure what's going to happen with back to school here either, last year was a write off more or less. Try not to be too anxious or worry, but rather lean on God. These times call for patience and trust.

Agree and also sorry about your dad. For me this summer is flying by like last summer, working from home, hitting range balls for exercise, and enduring the heat and humidity. I have a more hopeful feeling about fall.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
and how often does the sun shine in the winter season?

Sun and Winter usually aren't used in the same sentence up here unless the word "no" precedes the word sun. BUT, the aurora borealis makes up for the missing sun. And it's quite beautiful in the winter, especially when it's snowing lightly.

So go ahead and load up that uhaul trailer @RobinB and head north!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Sun and Winter usually aren't used in the same sentence up here unless the word "no" precedes the word sun. BUT, the aurora borealis makes up for the missing sun. And it's quite beautiful in the winter, especially when it's snowing lightly.

So go ahead and load up that uhaul trailer @RobinB and head north!
What is your temps like in the Winter?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
What is your temps like in the Winter?

To put a positive spin on it... Antarctica is usually about 10 deg or so colder. But the honest answer is interior Alaska and parts of Siberia are some of the coldest places on earth in the winter time. Disclaimer: temperatures may vary... The good news is it's a dry cold! No humidity. I've seen minus 70 deg F, but haven't seen it that cold in these parts for decades now.

yrrek

Sorry about your dad (1st summer for me without my brother and it's strange)and praying the Lord bless you with your kids and no shutdowns. your weather is too wet, we have been too dry in summer mode since mid May and June we had mid to high 90's everyday and NO rain and one day of 105* ! Usually in June everything is green and lush, this year everything was brown like late July, then it rained off and on a week, everything green back up and now we are back into high 90 temps again with no rain and grass browning out again, so unusual. My summer has been real busy nothing but work on our house and in the yard, and the last 2 weeks have been crazy with tree debris cleanup, one of our neighbors still without power, downed tree tore power line out of the house, electricians there everyday , I'm sure they will be delighted to have power praying it is soon for them.
I'm ready for a break, maybe August will be not so hot and I can relax a bit. Actually I hope we rapture soon, I'm just so ready.
Well I’ll pray God sends some of our rain to the dry places. I can’t complain about the temperature just constantly raining is no fun. Haven’t been able to get a pool up or nothing. Just seems like an unusual summer.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Our summer has been great. We need rain, of course.

I have gotten to keep my grandkids a lot, we have been swimming so much, occasionally going out for a sweet treat.

I have worked outside probably 4 days/week for about 2 hours a day and that is my happiness.

I hate that the kids start back school next Monday, we just haven't had enough time off together yet. On a good note, they are going to school instead of being home schooled, which was slowly draining my daughter. Also, all kids get free breakfast and lunch again this year....not sure why. I am against free lunch for the masses.

yrrek

Our summer has been great. We need rain, of course.

I have gotten to keep my grandkids a lot, we have been swimming so much, occasionally going out for a sweet treat.

I have worked outside probably 4 days/week for about 2 hours a day and that is my happiness.

I hate that the kids start back school next Monday, we just haven't had enough time off together yet. On a good note, they are going to school instead of being home schooled, which was slowly draining my daughter. Also, all kids get free breakfast and lunch again this year....not sure why. I am against free lunch for the masses.
I’m glad you’re summer is going well. Last year our kids went in person. They got free lunches too for a little while. They explained it as the tax money the school would have used during the shutdown was left over and they decided to spend it on giving the kids free lunches.

Batman

The last 2 schools my wife has taught or administered at has a program that free breakfast and lunch is available for any student no matter what their family income, status or situation is. It is basically expected. They also give take-home bags of food for the weekends. I'm not sure if Monday to Friday includes anything for dinner. In the summer any kid can stop by (with or without parents) and get daily lunches and probably weekend food too. During Covid when kids were not allowed inside they could still come by and pick up food...............these programs in and of themself are a good thing.............but, gone are the days of criminal prosecution of parents/guardians for neglect that could easily be construed for such massive numbers of kids that are allowed to go hungry for days and days and days.

It feels like summer didn’t really happen and is not really happening now. It’s got a fall feel. All it’s done here in lovely Ohio is rain. It is also the first summer without my dad. He died in January and I’m struggling to accept this. In a few weeks, school is supposed to start. With talk about more shutdowns, I’m very anxious. My youngest is starting kindergarten and the last thing I want for him is to have to try it at home. I actually planned on going back to school too for visual communications. If I have to home school my kids I don’t think I’ll have anything left to give. I just feel so done. This summer isn’t even over yet and I’m dreading the end of next month when everything starts up again.
Hello.

I am also in Ohio, seems to have dried out lately.

I hear what you are saying about kids, school and the stress. We also had much stress throughout the whole process when we were raising ours, so you are not alone. One difference is today there is more urgency to home school. We never had to but it was close.

i would just like to encourage you with a hug, it does get better, it won't always be this way. They grow up so fast. :hug