How Will the World Explain the Rapture?

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Why would craft have to be built? The demons could just be manifesting a sphere or tic-tac, cube in a sphere, whatever is seen zooming around? I'd think that if someone saw something, whatever that something was wanted to be seen. Likewise, if (big IF) some being is "captured", it probably allowed itself to be because that served it's purpose to lay groundwork. We assume a "craft" must be something mechanical because that's how our vehicles and sci-fi works. That may not be so for inter-dimensional beings. If Angels came to visit Lot, and Abraham, and were able to assume human form... the Bible does record Ezekiel's chariot, but just because it doesn't say something about UFOs, well, it didn't say anything about America either yet here we are. The warning is not to be deceived, and there sure seems to be a lot of deception going on these days. Not arguing one way or another, really, just talking out loud. Lying signs and wonders are on the schedule... once the Rapture occurs the world is going to unite around something, and some sort of alien "crisis" or "revelation" seems feasible.

It just could be that the transformation happens right in the middle of your swing, and what would have been a normal thump into the water hazard instead sends the golfball flaming into the atmosphere, then after Daygo's gap, when it has cooled down, you pick it up again on the way past it. Could happen!
We often forget:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places Eph 6:12

MapleLeaf

I still wonder if they will even need much of an explanation. I kind of think the Lord will tarry until the last absolute moment (He seems to work that way in my life, at least) and by that time I think MOST people will just shrug and say "good riddance" as they will be sick of us and ready for any sort of delusion to validate the choices they are making and their rejection of Jesus. And the few that will eventually be saved during the Tribulation will be those that will laugh and scoff at any of the weak explanations the leaders come up with.

DWB

The UFO excuse may be tried, but I think the fact that only believers and/are children will be too hard to ignore. They would have to claim we were all evil and needed to be removed, but that's a big lie and lies are easily detected. In one of the rapture movies has the AC pretending to be God telling the world he had to remove all the haters. The world should be able to see this lie, however deceit will rule the day.

FindingJoy

The UFO excuse may be tried, but I think the fact that only believers and/are children will be too hard to ignore.
This is what keeps me so intrigued by Rapture excuse theory, how will they explain all the innocent children missing?
And, if I understand correctly, everyone mentally disabled. I'm really hoping on this, as me and my nephews missing will be the only thing to get my dad's attention.

greg64

Revelation 7:9-16 makes it clear an enormous number of people will be saved during the tribulation, so I guess the schemes of the enemy will work to a degree, but as always God's plan will win out. Between the two witnesses, the 144,000, and angels flying around, that will be a lot of truth being dished out... Also interesting that God allows the delusion for those with completely hardened hearts. People who might not be willing to do so now will have to choose one way or another.

SJ129

No, you cant go in hiding…..There is still some good in this world, after all, the church is still here.

We are going to be on the road a lot over the next year, but staying well away from big cities.

My ideal situation is to be having a good time driving down the road, and the next second, clothed in white with Him.
We go to a historic church (historic by American standards- 1857 building) with an attached graveyard. How glorious it’d be to be worshipping in church one Sunday, singing old hymns, and look out the window to see the 200 yr old graves of the saints opening up, and very shortly thereafter, join them on the way up!!

SJ129

It’s becoming more evident Satans lies are more subtle and clever than we all realized. He plants his lies as something so enjoyable and fun such as blockbuster winning science fiction Hollywood movies. We don’t realize that this was most likely all a process to brain wash humanity on the true nature of demonic fallen angelic beings.

Jesus was right, Satan is the father of lies.
I’m constantly praying that I will not be deceived by any plot of the enemy, nor will my family. It’s a daily (sometimes multiple times a day) prayer.

Kenny

Maybe. For sure there is a thing such as heavenly vehicles. Wasn’t Elijah taken up in a chariot of fire?

Maybe when some of the angels fell they took some of the vehicle technology with them? I’m thinking out loud.

It’s hard to say angelic beings don’t have technology and it’s hard to say they do 100%.

Our understanding of angels is so limited and has a more unbiblical influence than we realize. The angels in scripture are described so differently from our basic pop culture or even Augustinian influenced understandings. Some have wings, some don’t. Some have eyes all over their bodies, some don’t.

In scripture we see this undeniably fact.

- We see the good angels of heaven easily interact with humans in a physical sense by appearing to them and even eating food with them (story of Abraham and Lot).

- We see the evil angels from Genesis 6 mate with human women to produce Nephilim (Giants)

So in conclusion from the scriptures we see angels can interact with the physical realm by appearing to us physically. So that obviously means they can touch what we can touch, and obviously would imply they have intellect and capability to build. If you can touch a human and eat their food, obviously you can pick up tools to build something.

My point is this, I wouldn’t be too quick to assume the forces of evil can’t build technology or even have technology when our understanding of them is so limited. We always assume fallen angelic beings are floating spirits that can’t touch anything due to their nature of wanting to possess.

Demons are described to mainly have no bodies and want to possess. So there is usually 2 answers you can attribute to the reason the demons having no physical bodies, but also fallen angels described to have physical bodies.

1. Demons are probably a different class of fallen angels that don’t have physical bodies.

2. There is actually even a school of thought that believes demons/evil (unclean) spirits are actually the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim. And that Fallen Angels are distinct from “demons” and have physical spiritual bodies. Not saying it’s correct, just mentioning some Christian’s believe this.

One thing is for sure, fallen angels in the Bible have interacted with humans in a physical sense, so clearly there is a group of fallen angelic beings that have physical (spiritual) bodies.

And we also know the good angels also have the capability to interact humans in a physical sense.

If you can do that I wouldn’t think it’s far fetched to think they can “build” stuff.
Hogwash!

Dave_97

With all due respect Kenny. I understand you don’t believe in the Genesis 6 theory.

However, we can have a civil discussion as brothers in Christ and disagree gracefully. I provided scripture to tried make a point.

Simply saying “Hogwash” on something you disagree with to a fellow brother in Christ could easily lead to an argument which typically leads to an entire thread being closed.

I respect your opinion to disagree, and I believe it can be done in a kind and civil manner.

So for future references please let’s respect each other :)

Kenny

With all due respect Kenny. I understand you don’t believe in the Genesis 6 theory.

However, we can have a civil discussion as brothers in Christ and disagree gracefully. I provided scripture to tried make a point.

Simply saying “Hogwash” on something you disagree with to a fellow brother in Christ could easily lead to an argument which typically leads to an entire thread being closed.

I respect your opinion to disagree, and I believe it can be done in a kind and civil manner.

So for future references please let’s respect each other :)

Sorry, I should have said partly hogwash to the part about fallen angels mating with Human women. It seems strange to me how people can believe that theory because it is not possible for angels procreate. But since you have disregarded board rules about angels procreating with Human women, I'll try to have a civil discussion with you as long as it lasts.:)

usoutpost31

Millions upon millions of “Christendom” will be left behind, rationalizing that it can’t be the disappearing of Christians.
Yeah, but a lot of genuine Christians are going up, too. Maybe a billion worldwide, maybe even a lot more than that.

I recognize secularism is growing in the west and many churches are not doing so well. But think about all the ways we as Christians impact the world around us. Social work, community outreach, missions, activism, charitable endeavours, many other things.

What frustrates me about this idea is the suggestion that we could all disappear tomorrow and the world wouldn't even notice. We're supposed to be a city on the hill, with a light that cannot be hid. The salt of the earth. If our impact is so minimal, the world literally does not know that we are believers in Jesus, haven't we failed in what He tasked us to do? Utterly and completely? Shouldn't our unsaved friends and family know we are Christians?

In my estimation there will be one, fairly obvious common denominator among those who went up. Our identity in Christ should be clear enough to those around us that they should know what that is.

Among the nominal Christians who might be left behind, I figure the wheat should be evident from the chaff fairly quickly. Either they'll recognize their mistake and make a genuine commitment or they'll distance themselves from the faith as quickly as they can. Persecution will be severe and I see no real reason why a phony Christian would continue to identify as such in the Tribulation if he or she doesn't believe. It would only make them a target.

daygo

Yeah, but a lot of genuine Christians are going up, too. Maybe a billion worldwide, maybe even a lot more than that.

I recognize secularism is growing in the west and many churches are not doing so well. But think about all the ways we as Christians impact the world around us. Social work, community outreach, missions, activism, charitable endeavours, many other things.

What frustrates me about this idea is the suggestion that we could all disappear tomorrow and the world wouldn't even notice. We're supposed to be a city on the hill, with a light that cannot be hid. The salt of the earth. If our impact is so minimal, the world literally does not know that we are believers in Jesus, haven't we failed in what He tasked us to do? Utterly and completely? Shouldn't our unsaved friends and family know we are Christians?

In my estimation there will be one, fairly obvious common denominator among those who went up. Our identity in Christ should be clear enough to those around us that they should know what that is.

Among the nominal Christians who might be left behind, I figure the wheat should be evident from the chaff fairly quickly. Either they'll recognize their mistake and make a genuine commitment or they'll distance themselves from the faith as quickly as they can. Persecution will be severe and I see no real reason why a phony Christian would continue to identify as such in the Tribulation if he or she doesn't believe. It would only make them a target.
If there is a gap then people will know about us missing and maybe even talk to some before we go up to meet Jesus, imagine millions being changed and conversing with others awesome, might add its still my speculation that there's a gap when the rapture happens.

Dave_97

Sorry, I should have said partly hogwash to the part about fallen angels mating with Human women. It seems strange to me how people can believe that theory because it is not possible for angels procreate. But since you have disregarded board rules about angels procreating with Human women, I'll try to have a civil discussion with you as long as it lasts.:)
You do realize you can simply say I disagree with you on this particular area about Genesis 6? You don’t have to simply leave the word “Hogwash”, that’s simply rude, cmon brother.

Second, I didn’t even realize that was against board rules. My apologies @Chris
So I didn’t just disregard the rules man. Although I confess for probably not reading the rules more in depth or the updated version.

And yes, it might seems strange to you that people can believe this doctrine but it has been very solid held doctrine within the church for generations, and well respected bible prophecy scholars who are even posted within this forum support this view. Why? Because it has a lot of biblical support. Just because something is strange or weird doesn’t make it unbiblical.

Fourth, I took a look at the rule and it has this under false teaching:
Angelic procreation and cloning”

They way I’m reading it, this seems very vague to me (@Chris sorry don’t mean that in any rude way). However I could be wrong, but this could mean anything. Example Angelic procreation amongst angels themselves is unbilical, and so is cloning. However Genesis 6 is human women and angelic beings mating to produce Nephilim (giants).

My question to @Chris , does this mean Genesis 6, specifically the story of the Nephilim is considered a false doctrine in this forum? Or does labeling of “angelic procreation” pertain to other wild theories? I’m simply trying to stay within the bounds of the rules. Sorry to bring you into this. Maybe you have already mention this elsewhere.

If you don’t want us to mention Genesis 6 and Nephilim that’s okay as well. However, I wasn’t sure that this is considered a false teaching here, so just wanted to clarify the wording there.

Back to @Kenny . I’m not going to honestly debate this here as it’s not wise. Again, I respect you as brother in Christ, but next time you disagree with someone, please try and be nice.

Love you brother

-Dave

Last edited:

Andy C

Kenny

You do realize you can simply say I disagree with you on this particular area about Genesis 6? You don’t have to simply leave the word “Hogwash”, that’s simply rude, cmon brother.

Second, I didn’t even realize that was against board rules. My apologies @Chris
So I didn’t just disregard the rules man. Although I confess for probably not reading the rules more in depth or the updated version.

And yes, it might seems strange to you that people can believe this doctrine but it has been very solid held doctrine within the church for generations, and well respected bible prophecy scholars who are even posted within this forum support this view. Why? Because it has a lot of biblical support. Just because something is strange or weird doesn’t make it unbiblical.

Fourth, I took a look at the rule and it has this under false teaching:
Angelic procreation and cloning”

They way I’m reading it, this seems very vague to me (@Chris sorry don’t mean that in any rude way). However I could be wrong, but this could mean anything. Example Angelic procreation amongst angels themselves is unbilical, and so is cloning. However Genesis 6 is human women and angelic beings mating to produce Nephilim (giants).

My question to @Chris , does this mean Genesis 6, specifically the story of the Nephilim is considered a false doctrine in this forum? Or does labeling of “angelic procreation” pertain to other wild theories? I’m simply trying to stay within the bounds of the rules. Sorry to bring you into this. Maybe you have already mention this elsewhere.

If you don’t want us to mention Genesis 6 and Nephilim that’s okay as well. However, I wasn’t sure that this is considered a false teaching here, so just wanted to clarify the wording there.

Back to @Kenny . I’m not going to honestly debate this here as it’s not wise. Again, I respect you as brother in Christ, but next time you disagree with someone, please try and be nice.

Love you brother

-Dave

Brother Dave, I do apologize that I was rude, nothing against you. In fact years ago I held the same view as you. I had read a book about Nephilim.... or something like that Wow that is amazing. Then sometime after that on the old Rapture Ready website, I read thru most of a huge thread on this very question (was " the Sons of God" phrase in Genesis 6 talking about angels or men). There were good posts on both sides of the question and reading thru I started getting some doubts about my view, The Angel View even though it was the dominant view on that thread. I am going to credit BuzzardHut (ya'll know him) for changing my mind to the Man view. He would chime in on that thread that made more sense to me, so I changed my view. Like you say there are respected bible teachers that hold the Angel View and I found out there are also respected bible teachers that hold the Man View.
Anyway, thanks for reading and when we go up in the rapture I will look you up and we can talk about it. Deal?
God Bless you brother in Christ.
Kenny:)

heisable2

This is what I have been thinking a lot. There are so many CINO that they will say it couldn't have been the Rapture because look how many Christians are still here.
This was quite comical but could have been serious several months ago when I happened to be outside in my yard. My son came home and noticed my bedroom door closed and he started to knock on the door calling my name. He didn't hear a response and he didn't see me around the house and he thought to himself my gosh the rapture happened and mom's gone. And for a short moment he thought he was left behind. Then I walked through the back door and he was relieved. A cute story but could be true for other family members. But my son's a Christian and just for a moment when he thought that he was left behind. I think he needs to get a little stronger in his faith.

Back