How will Netflix stop you from sharing your password?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Depending on how Netflix does this and where someone is located, this could prevent persecuted Christians from accessing some programming. This could also "out" women Christians in US muslim communities to male family members, with subsequent violence.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

How will Netflix stop you from sharing your password?​

By Irina Ivanova
Updated on: February 3, 2023 / 3:32 PM / MoneyWatch

"Netflix plans to start cracking down on subscribers in the U.S. who share their password for the streaming service by the end of March. But how exactly would that work?"

"Netflix will likely use a person's geographic location, as determined by the IP address of any internet-connected device, to figure out which people count as "household" members who live together, Insider reporter Sarah Saril told CBS News.
"If you're watching on a TV, it'll provide exactly where you are," Saril said. "They only want people in your household, at your address, watching."
Netflix says on its website that the company uses "IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity from devices signed into the Netflix account" to determine which devices are in the same household. ""

More
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...aring-limits-crackdown-how-it-could-work-faq/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If a family member is traveling, wouldn't they be legitimately able to use netflix while traveling away from the rest of the family? I don't know how the user agreement reads, and since I'll never be a netflix subscriber I doubt I'd ever read it, but it would seem to me that mobile family members should still be able to use the service.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
If a family member is traveling, wouldn't they be legitimately able to use netflix while traveling away from the rest of the family? I don't know how the user agreement reads, and since I'll never be a netflix subscriber I doubt I'd ever read it, but it would seem to me that mobile family members should still be able to use the service.
That's one of the issues in the article. College kids, etc.

DanLW

They could automatically sign out all devices and then use 2-factor authentication to sign back in if the location changes dramatically.

FWIW, I got rid of Netflix a couple years ago because of Cuties and a lot of other LGBQTIAWXYZ~<Г¿&%+- content getting put into otherwise good shows.

Back