How to Survive as Remnant Believers

Kitten

It's getting more difficult by the day, for sure. My problem is that I read too much news, and it just makes the depression 100x worse. I don't want to stick my head in the sand, but I think I need to ease up on the news, considering that it's ALL bad. Some friends say that I am 'black-pilled', but how can you be anything but that right now?

We need You, Lord Jesus! Please come soon!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Sometimes to survive you have to unplug from the big world news for a bit. I am trying to cut back though I'm rather addicted. It's horrible. Yet I know I can't change the big world news stuff and it's only distracting me from turning to Jesus and my personal devotions. That stuff doesn't change no matter my circumstances. He doesn't change.

:nod

I keep on having to remember myself that it's really important to keep perspective in that God is infinitely bigger, mightier and completely in control. As it says in Isaiah 40:14-15

Has the Lord ever needed anyone’s advice?
Does he need instruction about what is good?
Did someone teach him what is right
or show him the path of justice?

No, for all the nations of the world
are but a drop in the bucket.
They are nothing more
than dust on the scales.
He picks up the whole earth
as though it were a grain of sand.

The Israelites at times looked at God through the lens of their circumstances and needed to look at their circumstances, by faith, through the lens of their powerful God. Their history is a good reminder to keep perspective in my current circumstances, to look at them by faith through the lens of our very capable and powerful God.

kathymendel

We have to realize, also, that the news we are being fed isn't necessarily the truth.
So, we could be worrying about things that are not what they are being portrayed as..........
Or, conversely, we may not be worrying about the things that are being withheld from our knowledge.
But, that's okay because we are told by God NOT to worry..........He has everything in His most capable hands.
He has ALREADY won the victory for us and we have nothing to fear.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
We have to realize, also, that the news we are being fed isn't necessarily the truth.
So, we could be worrying about things that are not what they are being portrayed as..........
Or, conversely, we may not be worrying about the things that are being withheld from our knowledge.
But, that's okay because we are told by God NOT to worry..........He has everything in His most capable hands.
Amen!!!

This is happy blue dog worthy! And dancing mouse and more!
:bluesclues :mousedance:hyper :)

alisani

And we need to understand that MSM, being in collusion with TPTB, also wants to demoralize the population. A country depressed and afraid is much easier to subdue.

lismore

It's getting more difficult by the day, for sure. My problem is that I read too much news, and it just makes the depression 100x worse.
Hello Kitten! I know how you feel. It can seem very tough to be a believer in these last days when we seem to be barraged constantly by opposition and bad news. But we're also very privileged to be carrying the torch of truth now right when the Lord returns. :)

daygo

It's getting more difficult by the day, for sure. My problem is that I read too much news, and it just makes the depression 100x worse. I don't want to stick my head in the sand, but I think I need to ease up on the news, considering that it's ALL bad. Some friends say that I am 'black-pilled', but how can you be anything but that right now?

We need You, Lord Jesus! Please come soon!
Know what you mean I have started to limit my intake of news.

JSTyler

Great article, but, I have a slightly different take. The fringe or remnant is far and away the most the fun position to hold. It's never dull and keeps us hungry for scripture, keeps us on our proverbial toes, in other words.

Ooooor, are we just weird? We, being the wifey and I love being the oddball, misfit, outcasts due to our pre-pre-any-moment stance.

The more 'they scoff' the happier we get. We've never truly fit in anywhere anyway, christian, secular or otherwise and it's always felt right.

I guess I grew up as outcast and it fits me like a glove. This side of eternity if I find a group that is comfortable with me (wifey too) I'm gonna run fast and run far...though our current church is full of misfits and weirdos and feels like family...hmmmm.

RedRx

I appreciated reading this thread. I needed some encouragement. I think following the news can quickly become depressing or anxiety inducing. I have to constantly remind myself that God is in control. The puzzle pieces are coming together. This world doesn’t have much time left. I’m watching and waiting. Watchmen indeed.

lismore

– Remnant believers will travel across town and across country to be with like-minded. Sometimes they even cross oceans. And when they find one another, it is like discovering a gold mine.
I am noticing this in Scotland. I'm attending a good, sound Baptist church in the city where I live. But many of the members are not residents in this city, or even the county. Some travel even 70 or more miles for the Sunday service, there being no bible believing church anywhere near them. It makes for a vibrant Sunday morning, but because of the distances involved many folks can't attend smaller or midweek meetings. God Bless :)

ItIsFinished!

I am noticing this in Scotland. I'm attending a good, sound Baptist church in the city where I live. But many of the members are not residents in this city, or even the county. Some travel even 70 or more miles for the Sunday service, there being no bible believing church anywhere near them. It makes for a vibrant Sunday morning, but because of the distances involved many folks can't attend smaller or midweek meetings. God Bless :)
Just out of curiosity , you wouldn't happen to know a brother (now with the Lord) by the name Alvin Dickerson?
He was a missionary to Scotland and helped plant Baptist Churches.

lismore

Just a couple of things, one imo we are in the laodician church age and 2, I'd love it if there were 6% Christians in UK my thinking is roughly 3%, toppit all in UK there's hardly any Christians that study bible prophecy have often felt like Elijah being the only one. I know that I'm not but it sure does feel like it.
Yes I know how you feel. I heard a speaker say that 1.5% of the Scottish population was attached to an Evangelical Church. How he arrived at the figure or how he labelled an 'Evangelical' church I'm not sure, it was an intro to a presentation about pastoral care and evangelism. 1.5% would mean Scotland is near the bottom on the global league table of countries and the gospel. God Bless :)

ItIsFinished!

I don't think I have met the brother but his name does sound familiar. :)
He was one of many missionaries my Church supports .
Im glad you attend a solid church friend.
That is really great , especially during these last days.
He might have visited there (where you attend ) at some point years ago.
How many solid Baptist churches are in Scotland ?

Back