How to encourage other believers when they believe in strange things?

ByGod'sGrace

Please forgive me, or erase this thread if it is not in line with the forum. I have an older sister who is a believer, but she is very entrenched in Steve Quayle type of End Times beliefs. She believes that the CERN collider is releasing demons, etc., and I know that Steve Quayle does not believe in the rapture. In my opinion, anyone who believes that God will allow the Church to be punished does not read the scriptures. Anyway, I watched the videos my sis posted on facebook about the cone-headed people (angel/human hybrids, apparently), Satanists and Nephilim still living in the Vatican (can't help it, but I laughed at that video), and felt scared for her that she was posting this type of stuff on facebook. I encouraged my sister to read the Bible and not to put her trust in a man, but in God's word. However, she seems pretty set her in ways of thinking about conspiracy theories. I don't know how to approach this subject now, because I feel like I've said everything I can, and pointed to the Bible verses, but if a family member and professing Christian family member chooses to believe in something so strange, what can I do? I've been searching through the rapture ready forum for any threads of Steve Quayle. My gut and reading the Bible tells me he is a total hack, but I'm open to correction.

Dave

I don't know either. My Dad believes in some pretty weird stuff. The main thing is he believes in the important thing is that Jesus died for him on the cross and to believe in him. I slowly talk to him and tell him what I believe. Just handle it in prayer and talk to her, its all you can do. Don't try to force it, because then she will get defensive. Thats the only advice I can offer.

TeeTee

Is she worshipping an "idol"? Sometimes people talk of various things they hear or see more than just talking about Christ. Can she talk about simple salvation and basic christian principles without going off on a tangent? Her witness should be Christ alone. Keep it simple. I know, I have been there where a "particular" talk is more important than the simple truth. I had to repent. One lady from church said it was an "idol" and that really hit home! Our tongues are to bless Him and people. If we get more excited about "other things" than just the Lord, then repent and put it back in perspective. I had to think back and see how much of what I said was peppered with other things. I could not talk about Christ unless those other things were said. That should me what an "idol" is.

athenasius

Please forgive me, or erase this thread if it is not in line with the forum. I have an older sister who is a believer, but she is very entrenched in Steve Quayle type of End Times beliefs. She believes that the CERN collider is releasing demons, etc., and I know that Steve Quayle does not believe in the rapture. In my opinion, anyone who believes that God will allow the Church to be punished does not read the scriptures. Anyway, I watched the videos my sis posted on facebook about the cone-headed people (angel/human hybrids, apparently), Satanists and Nephilim still living in the Vatican (can't help it, but I laughed at that video), and felt scared for her that she was posting this type of stuff on facebook. I encouraged my sister to read the Bible and not to put her trust in a man, but in God's word. However, she seems pretty set her in ways of thinking about conspiracy theories. I don't know how to approach this subject now, because I feel like I've said everything I can, and pointed to the Bible verses, but if a family member and professing Christian family member chooses to believe in something so strange, what can I do? I've been searching through the rapture ready forum for any threads of Steve Quayle. My gut and reading the Bible tells me he is a total hack, but I'm open to correction.

That is a popular and worrisome trend amongst some otherwise Christian--at least in name they are ---groups. First off, Steve Quayle is a bit on the odd side and you are right to be concerned. More because he is a big one in the really heavy conspiracy stuff which I notice a lot of mid and post tribbers tend towards.

Probably because they are so focused on the Antichrist showing up, and all their pet theories on how the Tribulation unfolds, that they tend to abuse scripture, assigning more meaning or different off beat theories to regular Scripture than the text warrants. So they are big on conspiracy, which may or may not be true. It doesn't really matter to the Christian because whoever is doing whatever behind closed doors of power is still under God's control. If we can expose the evil deeds of darkness, then we should but if not, then we need to keep calm and be about the Father's business, occupy till Jesus comes.

Yeah he is a bit of a wackadoodle--- as far as I can see he is saved. But it's more who he endorses and what he endorses that I have a problem with. Call him the gateway drug for stuff that takes the focus OFF CHRIST. No matter what our eschatology, if we aren't focused on Christ and we are wasting time and resources hunting Nephilim or hybrids, or cone heads (LOL I hadn't bumped into that one, I haven't taken a look at what they've been teaching for a long time)----- then our focus is off, and we are wasting precious time.

And I notice that a lot of the ones that kind of fit with Quayle sell stuff based on fear. Fear of Nephilim, fear of the Tribulation, fear of conspiracy in high places. Fear that takes our eyes off Christ. Sooner or later the fear based stuff is no longer entertaining (and that is a big part of the pull I think, the entertainment value of all this weirdness--kind of like people who like horror movies or scary rides) and it becomes depressing and fearful.

Because at the end of the day ---and boy are we near the end--- our eyes need to be on Jesus. Doing what He commands us to do.

If there are Nephilim roaming about or the latest Davos meeting of the globalist elites in Switzerland is looking bad for the common folk, or the events of the Tribulation are looking ever so close, or George Soros manages to launch some new evil leader by the next election ---we need to steady our hearts, our eyes, our minds in the fact that GOD and GOD ALONE is in control.

He only lets Satan do whatever Satan does on a long leash. Satan is restrained. Even now when it looks like evil is flourishing all round us. Only after we leave is Satan allowed to do what he wants and only for a short time.

The opposite of the focus on Satanic activity is the focus on GOD and on how He is Restraining till we are taken out of the midst. He restrains the Antichrist from appearing, He makes us as salt (preservative) and light (opposing the darkness) while we are still here.

And that is a comfort that your sister may yet need.

I think you've done all you can, but keep praying for God to deliver her mind from the deception of being hyperfocused on the actions of the enemy. Pray that she gets more excited by Christ and His Word than by the hollow excitement of Steve Quayle and his christianized version of the Xfiles.

Last edited:

Luke12

That is a popular and worrisome trend amongst some otherwise Christian--at least in name they are ---groups. First off, Steve Quayle is a bit on the odd side and you are right to be concerned. More because he is a big one in the really heavy conspiracy stuff which I notice a lot of mid and post tribbers tend towards.

Probably because they are so focused on the Antichrist showing up, and all their pet theories on how the Tribulation unfolds, that they tend to abuse scripture, assigning more meaning or different off beat theories to regular Scripture than the text warrants. So they are big on conspiracy, which may or may not be true. It doesn't really matter to the Christian because whoever is doing whatever behind closed doors of power is still under God's control. If we can expose the evil deeds of darkness, then we should but if not, then we need to keep calm and be about the Father's business, occupy till Jesus comes.

Yeah he is a bit of a wackadoodle--- as far as I can see he is saved. But it's more who he endorses and what he endorses that I have a problem with. Call him the gateway drug for stuff that takes the focus OFF CHRIST. No matter what our eschatology, if we aren't focused on Christ and we are wasting time and resources hunting Nephilim or hybrids, or cone heads (LOL I hadn't bumped into that one, I haven't taken a look at what they've been teaching for a long time)----- then our focus is off, and we are wasting precious time.

And I notice that a lot of the ones that kind of fit with Quayle sell stuff based on fear. Fear of Nephilim, fear of the Tribulation, fear of conspiracy in high places. Fear that takes our eyes off Christ. Sooner or later the fear based stuff is no longer entertaining (and that is a big part of the pull I think, the entertainment value of all this weirdness--kind of like people who like horror movies or scary rides) and it becomes depressing and fearful.

Because at the end of the day ---and boy are we near the end--- our eyes need to be on Jesus. Doing what He commands us to do.

If there are Nephilim roaming about or the latest Davos meeting of the globalist elites in Switzerland is looking bad for the common folk, or the events of the Tribulation are looking ever so close, or George Soros manages to launch some new evil leader by the next election ---we need to steady our hearts, our eyes, our minds in the fact that GOD and GOD ALONE is in control.

He only lets Satan do whatever Satan does on a long leash. Satan is being restrained. Even now when it looks like evil is flourishing all round us.

The opposite of the focus on Satanic activity is the focus on GOD and on how He is Restraining the Enemy till we are taken out of the midst.

And that is a comfort that your sister may yet need.

I think you've done all you can, but keep praying for God to deliver her mind from the deception of being hyperfocused on the actions of the enemy. Pray that she gets more excited by Christ and His Word than by the hollow excitement of Steve Quayle and his christianized version of the Xfiles.
Concur with the above about Steve Quayle....he's pretty far out there..... as is Tom Horn in my opinion.
Honestly, if people are genuinely seeking after God, then He will show them the truth and they will come out of what they are mixed up in, eventually.

Last edited:

athenasius

I should balance things out a little-- I've come out too harsh on the whole subject. Just because someone mentions the Nephilim or the reality of what they caused in the preflood world using solid scripture to back that up is NOT doing harm. It's when the focus changes from looking at the truth of Scripture, and looking at God's Hand thru history, and turns towards a focus on Satan that things go sideways.

there are plenty of good solid Bible teachers who have done good studies on the texts in the Bible mentioning the Nephilim and the actions of the enemy. And I should point out that when it comes to the texts with regards to angelic beings who left their first estate and fathered the pre Flood Nephilim, I agree with that interpretation of the text. Not everyone does.

I am however of the opinion that Steve Quayle along with some others have gotten the focus off Christ and onto whatever interesting idea they have, and follow their idea and theory making the Bible fit their theory, rather than finding something in the Bible and showing it as a possibility.

sounds like splitting hairs and I apologize for that, but there's legitimate Scriptural teaching on these subjects and then there is the focus on the Nephilim to the exclusion of healthy reading of Scripture.

It gets down to how you look at the Bible versus our individual experiences. DOES THE BIBLE come FIRST? Do we test our experiences against the WORD or are we driven to find a Bible verse to fit our experience?

There is research going on with some malformed skulls (I think that might be the cone heads) and giant skeletons to find DNA that differs from human DNA. That is in the realm of normal Biblical Archeology where the research is focused on finding the evidence of what is in the Bible.

And Nephilim did exist preflood and for whatever cause also after the Flood. They were a problem, but the focus of why God destroyed that pre Flood civilization wasn't the Nephilim but THE HEARTS OF MAN BEING DEVOTED TO EVIL. Human hearts, going after evil. Wiping out the Nephilim was a bonus, but the hearts of humanity were focused on evil. Ditto Sodom and Gomorrah. God wiped them out for their evil hearts devotion to wickedness. We are close to that in our day. That Tribulation is coming.

And I notice that even though God told the Israelites to wipe out certain tribes (and they didn't finish that task) those tribes were gone by the time of the Cross. If the Nephilim that existed after the Flood were around (because of some other type of tampering, beyond the union of fallen angels with human women) then THEY WERE STILL WIPED OUT. God is in Control!

But when it comes to worrying about CERN letting demons loose I fall back on the view that GOD and GOD ALONE is in charge and in control. Satan is on a pretty tight leash, and is only allowed to do just so much as God allows. Look at the book of Job for a good example. No matter what we do, the demonic realm is not free to do everything it wants. Demons can only invade our realm to the extent that God will allow. We are dead wrong to invite them, sure, but to be fearful of some Pandora's box scenario where demons from another realm or quantum reality or dimension can somehow gain entry that they weren't allowed entry from before, is not realistic. God is still in full control and He always will be.

Same with fallen angels masquerading as aliens. Or trying to mess with the human genome by inspiring scientists to splice DNA from humans into animals and vice versa. If we are seeing a modern take on Nephilim, it's something God will destroy soon and we know HE is in control. If Satan is busy building a good cover story involving "aliens" aka fallen angels/demonic hordes to explain the Rapture that he knows is coming soon, well that will work to deceive those who didn't love the truth, or the One who IS Truth. Those who love God, and serve Jesus Christ are leaving in the Rapture, and those left behind, will be deceived. Whether or not "aliens" are part of that deception or not.

That I think is where normal healthy Christianity, must depart out of these myths because they are just myths. God is God. Satan and the demonic realm are at this point in history allowed a certain freedom to tempt and to decieve mankind. That is ALL. But during the Millennium, they are shut up tight, and still mankind will rebel against God. We actually are bent towards evil since the fall. It's in our fallen nature. We don't even need a T-shirt saying "the devil made me do it" because our hearts make us prone to sin.

The problem is our hearts, not CERN or anything else. It may not be healthy what CERN is doing, but it's not going to suddenly harm a lot of Christians. Maybe in the Tribulation it will. Not us, not now.

and again, maybe that is Steve Quayle's mid or post tribber position coming out because we don't have to fear the Tribulation. NOT ONE BIT. Because we are not there for it. So I guess if he is worried he will be there for at least part, then he'd be worried about CERN, demonic stuff and other things of that nature plus stuff the AC is up to and possibly the Catholic Church. Because again, Rome and the Vatican may well be a big part of the coming False Religion led by the False Prophet.

Last edited:

Len

Pray that she gets more excited by Christ and His Word than by the hollow excitement of Steve Quayle and his christianized version of the Xfiles.
Very well put Athenasius but I guess we can all be guilty of sliding down some of these paths for a bit, exciting as they are, but your suggestions are very relevant for us today especially as we see "that day approaching", we do need to point them to Jesus and receiving His peace and once they find that peace their focus changes to imminence and outreach for different reasons.... to saving souls not just warning them of danger to come.

Kerbluey

God can set your sister free. Keep praying for her. Years ago I was entrenched in Word of Faith and charismatic beliefs along with some nutty end times offshoots of those beliefs. In His wisdom God allowed some very traumatic events into my life that caused me to finally question my beliefs. I began to lurk and read debates on Christian forums where I saw my beliefs destroyed scripture by scripture. Long story short, I went through all the stages of grief over several years, but I’m free now aside from residual habits I occasionally struggle with.