How to be God's friend

BaptistJohn

Romans 12:1-3, and Hebrews 11:6
1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.
2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Hebrews 11:6
6But without faith
it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

As we see here EVERY person is given a measure of faith
No one will stand before God at the
GREAT WHITE THRONE
With an excuse

A person becomes a child of God when he or she acts on that faith
John 1:12
12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:

1.) Our Heavenly Father wants more than a Parent child relationship with you he wants to be your friend too

A.) God called Abraham his friend

( Isaiah 41:8 )
B.) Acts 13:22 says that David was
man after mine own heart,

C.) When ever we look through the Bible or through The History of the Church any person that God had a special relationship with our Heavenly Father has also had a great faith in God

2.) Faith is the key that unlocks all of God's cupboards

Philippians 4:6
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
John 14:14
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do
it.
3.) Faith is the reason that we obey Him
John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
John 15:14
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

God cannot respond to a man who has no faith; God cannot withhold from a man who has faith.
It is totally up to you
What kind of relationship you have with our HEAVENLY FATHER
He wants to be your friend but he will not force him self on you
He will always be your Heavenly Father but, He would love to be your friend too

He wants us obey Him not because we have to but Because we trust that he knows what is best for us.
He wants us to love him because he's our Heavenly Father But he would be over joyed if we have enough faith in him) to want to Spend time with Him