How the New Age “Law of Attraction” has infiltrated the Church -Natalina Henson

billiefan2000

You're correct, it is all a bunch of psychology babble. :whisper Norman Vincent Peale was a 33 degree Freemason and his belief of "power of positive thinking" greatly influenced Robert Schuller of the Crystal Cathedral to babble the same junk to his followers for years. Birds of a feather flock together. :sad

and Schuller influenced

Rick Warren aka Mr. Chrislam

and Bill Hybels (the man who influenced many of the seeker driven megachurch pastors

that plague evangelicalism nowadays

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
I was in a bible study a few years back with a few friends. We had been accustomed at that time to meet regularly and we had become pretty close. One day, one of the brothers started talking about negativity and positivity and how he needed to stay positive to avoid God declining his prayers. We confronted him about the origins of this type of thinking and how deceptive it is. He never returned, and to this day I have never seen him again and he would not respond to our invites.

Batman

I was in a bible study a few years back with a few friends. We had been accustomed at that time to meet regularly and we had become pretty close. One day, one of the brothers started talking about negativity and positivity and how he needed to stay positive to avoid God declining his prayers. We confronted him about the origins of this type of thinking and how deceptive it is. He never returned, and to this day I have never seen him again and he would not respond to our invites.
The followers of this are very cult like in their zeal to follow, zeal to learn, zeal to adhere, and zeal to stay away from anyone that warns them that this is false. Many areas in the NAR, etc. are so scarily like cults from the leadership to the tactics to the followers. Very sad.

Wings Like Eagles

Norman Vincent Peale was ordained as a Methodist minister and in 1932 and began a 52-year tenure as pastor of Marble Collegiate Church in Manhattan. During that time the church's membership grew from 600 to over 5,000, and he became one of New York City's most famous preachers. He wrote the best seller The Power of Positive Thinking and I was given a copy by my pastor. When I read it I could only feel an attachment to the occult through this book as it was so "me" centered. It's all about what I want and how to get it by thinking it and speaking it into being.

At the same time my pastor had everyone in the church read David Yonggi Cho's book, The Fourth Dimension (1979). Cho led the world's largest church and church leaders were falling over themselves to find Cho's secret recipe for guaranteed church growth and here is was, speak it into being. But it wasn't as simple as just naming and claiming, oh no! Cho had discovered God's secret key and that was to write out a very detailed description of what you want, for how else could heaven's butler fetch it for you unless you were precise in your request. Then you had to get magazine photos of what you desired and put them all over your house. Next it was time to ask God and believe you had received it and finally in order for it to arrive you have to speak it into being. Whatsoever you desire, believe you have received it and it shall come to pass.

Between Peal and Cho, these teachings spread like wildfire round the world and come in all shapes and sizes from WoF to Oprah. The damage done has been worldwide because of gullible pastors feeding their flocks on this stuff. Here's Cho and Pringle at work...

http://c3churchwatch.com/2012/11/07/phil-pringle-and-david-yonggi-cho-revisited/
Yes. In contrast to all of this New Age mumbo-jumbo (and its false prophets), Jesus said: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.…" (Matthew 7:13-15)

Jesus Is Coming!

Excellent thread! A very worthwhile discussion. I am glad it is once again current here.

But here's a good question to consider: Should we pray to change God's will to ours? Or to change our will to His?

My husband passed away in Oct. of 2011. He was sick for the last few years he lived, he had COPD and two strokes which caused him to have to have a feeding tube. He was in and out of the hospital....mostly in during the last two or so years. I (and my children and church family) prayed for God to heal him. I cried and prayed and cried and prayed. At the last week after they had put him on hospice and explained to me what was going to happen, at first I didn't want to accept it. He already had, but it was so hard for me. I was like "Father God, I have begged and pleaded for you to touch him and heal him, but now he's going to die." The night before he passed the next day, I came home to take a shower and put on fresh clothes then go back to stay with him (the only times I couldn't stay with him at night was when he was in ICU several times). I prayed all the way home but I knew he wasn't going to be healed here on earth. I finally just told the Father "Father, I know he's not going to make it. Lord, YOUR will has to be done and not mine. I put him, myself and my children in Your hands. Your will BE done, Father, not mine. I just ask you to please help me to accept it and help me to make it."
As soon as I prayed that prayer, a peace that I can't explain came over me and even though it tore my heart out to watch my husband of 48 yrs. slip away, I made it a lot better than I ever thought I would. I have no doubt that God was holding me up the whole time, but I had kept praying for healing. It was when I let my wishes go and tell Him whatever His will was, I would accept it. My daughter told me that she was angry at God for a bit because He didn't answer all our prayers for him to be healed. But when you realize it, he WAS healed. Complete healing! And I wouldn't bring him back to this world in that poor broken body from where he is now! I can only go to where he is. I'm just thankful for that peace He gave me to go through what I had waiting for me.
Hallelujah! Praise you Father God! Praise you Jesus! Thank you for making a way for us! I am the least one to deserve it.

Sorry that was so long.....that just came to me while reading about turning from our own will and letting God's own will be done.
Also, sorry for being so late to this thread.
God bless! :hug

Son of the Rock

We Christians are considered to be "In the way" of the New Agers of reaching a Oneness of will and moment called "The Singularity". It's the New Age theory that if everyone concentrates on one thing all at once it will usher in a New Age of extraordinary new powers, evolutionary advances, etc..

Many Christian strategists believe that it will be the main argument used by adherents of the Antichrist to arrest and get rid of us Christians, that we are "Holding everyone back". It will madden and enrage the antichrist crowd, and further label us as "Haters".

GotGrace

Daystar TV 's Joni Lamb tv show and the late John Paul Jackson helped bring the law of attraction in the church

a show recently on Daystar I saw which had archived footage of JPJ was about JPJ and Joni Lamb promoting the law of attraction.

(side note: Joni 's tv show has Mark Batterson as a guest next week

and to say his Circle Maker book promotes the law of attraction new-age stuff

would be a understatement
I’ve head people say things about the universe helping them. WELL I don’t understand why folks want to worship the created instead of the creator. DUH

BTW Billiefan I hope you are doing well.

GotGrace

We Christians are considered to be "In the way" of the New Agers of reaching a Oneness of will and moment called "The Singularity". It's the New Age theory that if everyone concentrates on one thing all at once it will usher in a New Age of extraordinary new powers, evolutionary advances, etc..
B I G E Y E R O L L

GotGrace

speaking of Oprah

Oprah reinventing prayer outside the box
By Marsha West on May 9, 2015 in New Age

Over the years Oprah has introduced her audience to New Age/New Thought luminaries such as

Marilyn Ferguson, Neale Donald Walsh, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, John Bradshaw, Jack Canfield, Shirley MacLaine, Gary Zukav, John Edward,

Jerry and Esther Hicks, Rhonda Byrne, and Eckhart Tolle and the list goes on.

All these people are occultists.

In her prayer she reveals what she believes about God. The view she holds is not the view of the Bible. She believes that there’s a power, an energy, a force within you which is your God-Self, your innate Divinity. We are all a part of God’s ‘oneness.’

Charisma News offers several reasons for Oprah Winfrey not being a true Christian, as she claims.

Remember when Oprah Winfrey created a firestorm among believers by suggesting that Jesus is not the only way? Apparently, her drift away from the Way, the Truth and the Life started decades ago when her Baptist pastor referred to God as a jealous God (see Ex. 20:4-5).

“I looked around and thought, ‘Why would God be jealous? What does that even mean?’ And I’m looking at the people in the church, and everybody’s up, shouting,” Winfrey told O magazine readers of the experience, which happened when she was in her 20s. “And I started wondering how many of these people—including myself—would be led to do whatever this preacher said. That’s when I started exploring taking God out of the box, out of the pew.”

I agree that we don’t need to do whatever a preacher says or put God in a box, but Oprah took God into the New Age with her Oprah’s Lifeclass: the Tour in 2012 in which she partnered with New Age guru Deepak Chopra on a broadcast about “Spiritual Solutions.” It was against that backdrop that she claimed she was a Christian, which set off another huge debate about the entertainment and media icon’s faith.

“I am not talking about religion. I am a Christian. That is my faith,” Winfrey told her Radio City Music Hall audience. “I’m not asking you to be a Christian. If you want to be one I can show you how. But it is not required. I have respect for all faiths. All faiths. But what I’m talking about is not faith or religion. I’m talking about spirituality.”

New Age Meditation

This “spirituality” made its way to Stanford University’s Memorial Church last week. Oprah led over 1,000 members of Stanford in some sort of New Age meditation exercise.

more info at...

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion...eceptive-prayer-practices-leading-many-astray

and:

http://bereanresearch.org/oprah-reinventing-prayer-outside-the-box/
Oprah is deceiving people and leading them to hell with her hocus pokus nonsense.

Scripture is very clear there is but one way to heaven and that is through faith in Christ and His bearing of our sin on a cruel cross. It appears to me this meditative stuff is relying on a person’s works such as working themselves up in some meditative state or experience.

Well I haven’t noticed any innate divinity in myself as she suggests. I have the righteous of Christ that was imputed to me when I first believed. How sad that people are listening to her.