How solid is Francis Chan?

RonJohnSilver

I started reading a book, Erasing Hell, by Francis Chan (not to be confused with Jackie Chan, the actor). I've not read anything by him before nor have I followed his teachings. He seems solid but before I get too far into the text, it seemed like a good idea to see if anyone else had read him. I know, I should have done this before I bought the book, but better late than never. Thx.

bigmoose

This is something for all of us to watch for as we age. Remember all the great men of the Old Testament, that were true to the Lord God in their youth... then as they aged they fell upon their own understanding and strength. Let us all try to remain in His palm as we become "more successful" upon the earth, and always remember from whom our blessing come.

Andy C

This is something for all of us to watch for as we age. Remember all the great men of the Old Testament, that were true to the Lord God in their youth... then as they aged they fell upon their own understanding and strength. Let us all try to remain in His palm as we become "more successful" upon the earth, and always remember from whom our blessing come.
Excellent post!

Jamal

How about Prophetess Francina Norman.

Is she real or not?

If she is why?
Also if not why?

here is a video.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
How about Prophetess Francina Norman.

Is she real or not?

If she is why?
Also if not why?

here is a video.
What do you mean REAL?

There are no "prophets" today like there were in OT times.

I can't watch videos right now, but I am always suspect when someone uses fancy titles like "prophet" "prophetess" "high priest" etc. before their name. That to me is usually a 99.9% sign they are messed up.

It depends on what you mean by REAL?

usoutpost31

Francis Chan is defending the traditional view of Hell and God's judgement in Erasing Hell. I've heard him speak several times, he's solid on this subject.
Keep in mind Chan (co)wrote that book in response to Rob Bell's Love Wins, the controversial book that denies a literal Hell and embraces Universalism.

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Sigh...... it's so very hard to have to come to terms with those who we've once known to be solid scripturally seemingly going down the slide of false teaching. :sad I know this from very sad experience.

The fact that Chan is rubbing shoulders publicly with and endorsing known people who are false teachers and speaking on how much he loves them and sees Christ in them, but doesn't really love them by calling them to repentance for their false teachings (mysticism, contemplative prayer, etc.) is a real issue for me. By doing this Francis Chan is publicly giving an A-ok to the many followers of Francis Chan that these other false teachers are ok to listen to, but it's at great spiritual peril and poison. :ohno

I had to do some research on him because of someone I was interacting with who was really excited about him. Because I've learned the very hard way to double check 'teachers', I double checked Francis Chan. It seems that he once held a more fundamental view of scripture and taught as such, but somehow has really been pulled into the IHOP bandwagon, of which there is plenty of evidence is very foul, foul fruit.

So, it can be pretty confusing with Francis Chan who once was biblically solid, but now seems to be biblically confused. I don't deem to judge his heart or salvation, but, I can see his actions and compare them to what scripture says, which is to stay away from false teachers! I really do pray for this man that God would lovingly work in his life to bring him back to a more biblically solid way.

https://bereanresearch.org/francis-chan-todd-white-headline-upcoming-ihop-festival-false-teaching/

Francis Chan and Todd White Headline Upcoming IHOP Festival of False Teaching
Posted By Marsha West on October 11, 2017 in Christian Mysticism, Discernment, False Teacher Alert, New Apostolic Reformation (NAR)

Museum of Idolatry (MoI) includes a video trailer that promotes International House of Prayer’s (IHOP) annual convention, Onething 2017. In the video we see IHOP- KC founder Mike Bickle shouting to the crowd: “God is raising up a church that is going to be prepared to be the vessels of His glory, to release His glory into the earth this very hour of intense darkness…” So, those who attend Onething will come away prepared to “release God’s glory into the earth”? Is there a verse to back this up? asks museum curator, Steven Kozar. Why should we be concerned about a gathering of young people who want to get together to celebrate God? For one thing, IHOP’s teaching is built on a contemplative foundation and because of this, much deception has occurred. (Source)

In this piece over at MoI, Kozar deals with Francis Chan‘s return to Onething and his association with Mike Bickle, Todd White and other NAR wolves:

Francis Chan has been a very respected Evangelical pastor and author for over a decade now, but he has taken a very deliberate turn towards the “Signs and Wonders” New Apostolic Reformation-version of Christianity in recent years. Chan does not teach the extreme Word of Faith doctrine at all, in fact, he’s been really clear about wanting to stay away from man-centered false teaching altogether. He is to be commended for much of his Bible-based teaching, but that makes it even harder to understand his willingness to partner with IHOP and Todd White.

Here’s a disturbing article that documents his slide towards the doctrinally apostate church: Francis Chan Endorses the Apostate NAR Movement

Francis Chan has been known as someone who has given away most of his income to very charitable causes. He even has a Master of Divinity from the very conservative Master’s Seminary where he would have been taught the exact opposite of the New Apostolic Reformation/Word of Faith doctrine that IHOP and Todd White promote. Todd White is happy to make large piles of money and live in a gigantic mansion; how does Chan feel about that? Todd White claims that he can “claim someone who doesn’t believe and there’s no way they can get out of it.” How does Francis Chan feel about Todd White claiming to have the ability to sovereignly elect people?

Watch this emotionally manipulative video about the upcoming “One Thing” conference that IHOP holds every year, and notice the prominent teaching of Dominionism as well: Continue reading

http://apprising.org/2014/01/07/francis-chan-is-wrong-for-endorsing-nar-teacher-mike-bickle/

Apprising Ministries has shown you that Francis Chan Has Endorsed New Apostolic Teacher Mike Bickle. Here we’ll consider the post Francis Chan Message At IHOPKC OneThing 2013 by John Lambert, “an Activist, Speaker, and Consultant with the US Center for World Mission,” a movement founded by the late Ralph Winter.1

Let me show you the following bad example set by Chan as one reason why his recent decision to endorse Mike Bickle and IHOP at their annual Onething Conference, and to allow himself to be used by them, is wrong. First of all, Lambert writes:

As I said in my previous post on this, Francis Chan was a great example of humility. He prayed,

“God, I don’t want anything coming out of my lips that doesn’t honor you. Speak through me. May I say anything you want me to say.”

Chan started off by admitting that this was the first time he has been to an IHOPKC event. He went online and said he thought, “Man, there’s a lot of good things going on there.” Rather than simply believing criticism, he chose to look more deeply at both sides and take this opportunity to share the message the Lord gave him. (source)

Certainly as Christians we should be humble and pray. However if one is already in disobedience, as Francis Chan was to give his blessing to a false prophet like Mike Bickle and his IHOP organization, then I’m afraid that they’ve already set themselves up for being deceived; and for failing to honor God.

Lambert tells us, “Rather than simply believing criticism, [Francis Chan] chose to look more deeply at both sides and take this opportunity to share the message the Lord gave him.” Rather, based upon what Chan gushed in his endorsement of Bickle and IHOP, we’d be better off saying that Chan would simply choose to ignore that criticism.

And by doing so, Francis Chan ended up lending his considerable credibility with younger evangelicals to the seriously false teachings of Mike Bickle, which are then perpetuated through that IHOP youth movement.

...And I say, pastor Andy Foster does give us some solid food for thought along this line when he offers that:

The concept of ‘platform fellowship’, as defined by many conservative evangelicals, allows them to justify in their own minds the freedom to associate with, worship with, preach with and lecture with those that, on a strictly Biblical basis, they should distance themselves from. It is in many ways an attempt to find a way for men to bring together what God has put asunder!

Often this ‘platform fellowship’ involves participating in an event with those who are in the apostasy or professing Christians who are disobediently compromised with apostasy. While association on a platform does not necessarily mean a personal agreement with every speaker in every non-fundamental issue of the faith, it must at a minimum, entail the recognition of any differences as being within the pale of Biblical orthodoxy and that nothing prohibiting a joint exercise in worship exists.

jcgss77

Francis Chan is defending the traditional view of Hell and God's judgement in Erasing Hell. I've heard him speak several times, he's solid on this subject.
Keep in mind Chan (co)wrote that book in response to Rob Bell's Love Wins, the controversial book that denies a literal Hell and embraces Universalism.
This is not necessarily true. My former church showed a video of FC making the case that satan makes people sin, with no further explanation, just leaving it there. I am aware of his MANY failings concerning sound teaching and Biblical discernment, but if he doesn't understand Bible 101, I can not expect him to understand anything which requires a deeper relationship and revelation from God.

Simply put-this man is a wolf, through and through.