How many balloons does it take to stop a 44 magnum bullet

pixelpusher

They cheated, filling the balloons with water! :lol

Next time I get out to shoot, I gotta try that with the 9mm and the 7.62x39. Can't help but wonder what a smaller round will do, seems like the bigger it mushrooms out, the faster it's gonna stop. Then again, I know little about ballistics. Probably depends a lot how much water you fill the balloons with too, I guess you could tune the setup to get whatever results you want.

billym

They cheated, filling the balloons with water! :lol

Next time I get out to shoot, I gotta try that with the 9mm and the 7.62x39. Can't help but wonder what a smaller round will do, seems like the bigger it mushrooms out, the faster it's gonna stop. Then again, I know little about ballistics. Probably depends a lot how much water you fill the balloons with too, I guess you could tune the setup to get whatever results you want.
I really like the 7.62x39, very economical to shoot

63ProStreet

I really like the 7.62x39, very economical to shoot
We used to buy a whole case of Norinco .223 for $105 and 7.62X39 for $89. Prices have doubled and almost tripled over the years! Now I buy from a place in Tennessee and with shipping it's still cheaper than what it costs to buy here in California! When you have to buy .223, 7.62, .45 and .22 it gets pricy!

SonSeeker

Having friends in Border Patrol really helped with .40, and.357(can you say, "Let's Make a Deal?"), and back before the prices went through the roof I stocked up on .762X39. What's the place in Tennessee?

SonSeeker

Sorry buddy, I just saw this post. The place is called Lucky Gunner here is a link.
http://www.luckygunner.com/
I'm sorry too, 'cause I just this minute saw your response:(.

You know, bro, this is one of those things that bother me about this forum, especially since Chris deactivated the Conversation capability. Let's just suppose that I make a run to my brother's place and want to see you while I'm there. I don't think there's any way to do that without one of us putting our address or phone number on a very public website. Not Cool!

63ProStreet

I'm sorry too, 'cause I just this minute saw your response:(.

You know, bro, this is one of those things that bother me about this forum, especially since Chris deactivated the Conversation capability. Let's just suppose that I make a run to my brother's place and want to see you while I'm there. I don't think there's any way to do that without one of us putting our address or phone number on a very public website. Not Cool!
I can send you my email, that would work right?

Jonathan

I can't see the video (It's been removed), but just to break the ice in here (last message was last year?!), I'll relate a story.

Whenever I go to see the kinfolk in West Virginia, I take a few of my firearms and erect a stand on my uncles property to shoot cans and other targets (impossible in the populated area I live in for the most part). Me and the kinfolk shot cans and other odds and ends but I saved the best for last. The stand we were using was essentially 2x4 planks of pine put into the ground and then a horizontal beam all nailed together connecting them, upon which our targets could sit.

So, after we were just about done, I took out a watermelon from my car, placed it on the stand, and handed a S&W Model 629 .44 Magnum revolver, loaded with a magnum holopoint, and handed it to my uncle who had never fired one before. He took the shot, and not only did the watermelon fragment in every direction (naturally), but the force of the watermelon meeting it's maker and exploding laterally completely took the entire stand down into it's three individual, separated pieces.

I consider myself pretty recoil tolerant, but even I can't fire more than 10-15 rounds (if even that) from a .44 Mag before I've had enough.

.454? One was enough and I never want to shoot it again, lol.
.500... I'm guess it would be about the same but even worse.

I hope someone can repost that video.