How long have you been watching for?

endofdays

I remember when I was young some one showed me revelation in the bible and it freaked me out about the antichrist
I didnt understand it and it scared me.
Then I started to watch some vidoes by a guy from new Zealand called Barry Smith and it was ahead of its time for that time and since then I have been watching.

This forum and the internet was a game changer for rapture watching and helped alot as they dont talk about this stuff in church so.

ShilohRose

I've been watching for 47 years, since right after I was saved when I was 12. I knew he was coming before then, because my father is a pastor, and I used to be afraid when I was home alone and my parents were delayed in their return. I would wonder if they had been raptured and I had been left behind. Once I was saved, I realized when He came, He was coming for me, too! That really excited me! I read The Late Great Planet Earth and There's a New World Coming and The Revelation. I didn't know there were other prophetic books in the Bible or I'd have read those, too. I didn't see any Rapture movies until I was in my 30s.

Our church was focused on spiritual growth at the time, although Daddy did preach on the Return of the Christ, and one time he taught through The Revelation on Wednesday nights.

StormsMom

I'm not entirely sure but for at least 13 - 14 years now. I came to know Jesus later in life and it was a bit after that when I learned about the rapture. I remember earnestly praying and hoping that we would be caught up before my daughter became a teenager. I just knew those years wouldn't be pretty, and they weren't. She's 25 now, a wonderful Christian daughter and a new mom to a beautiful little girl. I am hoping upon hope that the rapture happens soon as this world is an awful place to be these days. However, a little selfish part of me is hoping we stick around until her daughter becomes a teenager (a teeny, tiny part). :p

Hidden

Growing up we didn't have TV reception in the province. We had VHS but we didn't watch movies that much, maybe once a week when my cousins rented them, so us kids learned to entertain ourselves. We'd play outside and read books. My aunt, who was the first Christian our family, came home to plant a church in our place after getting married. She was a bookworm and had lots of Christian and secular books, and I devoured them.

One of her books was Dave Hunt's The Woman Rides the Beast, so that was one of my first brush with prophecy, although I didn't understand most of it at that age. I also remember lying on the couch, and it was raining hard and I was reading the Book of Revelation. Somehow those trumpets and beast rising out of the sea and the horsemen of the apocalypse piqued my curiosity. I had no idea what they meant, but they sounded so intriquing.

Many years later, when I was already an adult, those things began to come to mind. It was around 2009 and 2010, with the earthquakes in Italy and Haiti, and the Arab Spring that I began to curiously search the internet. Lots of wrong interpretation out there, but God led me to the right sources eventually, such as Jack Kelley's website, this forum, Hal Lindsey, and the rest. Slowly, those things I read when I was a child made sense, and God had a purpose for them after all.

pixelpusher

40 years I reckon. I've told this on here before, but around 8th or 9th Grade, a Christian girl in art class lent me her copy of 666 by Salem Kirban. I guess I expressed interest, or maybe I asked her why she was reading THAT. I don't remember any doctrine out of the book (so not vouching for it per se), or even the story really, but I know when I put it down I prayed to God if I was alive when that stuff (rise of AC) started happening, please let me understand the headlines -- newspaper headlines were a prominent device used in the story.

I may have actually been saved around that time, I didn't *disbelieve* anyway. That was when my neighbors started inviting me to Sunday school, although we mainly just goofed off and found a reason to wander the hall, I heard the important bits.

Later in high school and after, I got into the hedonistic lifestyle but God was always in the back of my mind at least, and I'd put my foot down to some things. Like ripping my Slayer tape out of the tape deck and tossing it out the window because when I read the actual lyrics in the liner it was just too satanic.

Anyhow, the Lord got me back home safe, through school where I met DW, and the blessed Pastor who married my wife and I INSISTED on 6 weeks of pre-marriage counseling. And he made sure to fully explain the Gospel right up front. I repented and believed then for sure.

Now, headlines everywhere. Gobs of them! Lol, prayer answered, check!

DWB

Another newbie, only about 6 years. I've been in church all my life and was never taught correctly. It wasn't until the Spirit pushed me to study on my own did I realize what I had been taught was just parts of the Bible thrown into a mixer and mixed up.

It's all my fault for not seriously reading and studying the Word.

lismore

Then I started to watch some vidoes by a guy from new Zealand called Barry Smith and it was ahead of its time for that time and since then I have been watching.

Hello. Barry Smith came to my late uncle's church in Perth in the late 1990s, I still have the videos from the conference. He was right in all that he said except that he tried to set a time frame too quickly. Interestingly my Uncle's name was (is) Harry Smith. I think Barry Smith and Harry Smith had a laugh about that. :)