How is the weather in your area NOW??

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Here in the Midwest it's been usually windy for the last 3 years. We are used to daily winds of 12-25 mph but the last few years it's been blowing with sustained winds of 40-45 and gusts to 60-65 or more, on a sunny -partly cloudy day . A few years ago we had a wind and storm event called a Derecho with sustained winds of 90+mph, lots of roof and tree damage, it was suppose to be an event that does not happen very often. Well our area has had 4 of these events in 3 years, and the other day one of these Derecho's went up through South Dakota and caused lots of damage I think hey said winds were 90-100 mph.

MapleLeaf

Here in the Midwest it's been usually windy for the last 3 years. We are used to daily winds of 12-25 mph but the last few years it's been blowing with sustained winds of 40-45 and gusts to 60-65 or more, on a sunny -partly cloudy day . A few years ago we had a wind and storm event called a Derecho with sustained winds of 90+mph, lots of roof and tree damage, it was suppose to be an event that does not happen very often. Well our area has had 4 of these events in 3 years, and the other day one of these Derecho's went up through South Dakota and caused lots of damage I think hey said winds were 90-100 mph.
I saw some photos of severe wind damage in Minnesota. Only some of that made it's way up here but a few friends had small farm out-buildings move locations across the property. Living out here the past 11 years I have become quite familiar with the "prairie winds" but the other day was a little crazy. It wasn't the worst ever but it was sustained over a whole day. Gusts up to 70km with steady winds around 40km. We then got a 5 minute burst of lateral rain in the evening and it seemed to sort of "clear the air" and it calmed down afterwards. It's so sunny and lovely right now.

Mama Bug

It's been getting hot here in the afternoon. It was 59 here this morning though. I really hope it rains soon. I've found that flowers and vegetables do better with rain as opposed to tap water.

Carl

It's been getting hot here in the afternoon. It was 59 here this morning though. I really hope it rains soon. I've found that flowers and vegetables do better with rain as opposed to tap water.
Wonder what is in the rain that the tap water doesn't have. OR the reverse what does tap water have that tap water doesn't have?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Thunderstorms with HAIL today.
Highs in the 40s and 50s, lows in the 30s and 40s last couple weeks, this week, and next week. Except for the day it got into the 90s :puke and a couple days in the 60s

We're supposed to get FROST later this week one or two nights. The year that winter just - - - will - - - not - - - let - - -go :eek: :lol

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
We got some wet snow this afternoon. It quickly turned back into rain but it was still not fun to see.

:hug :console

If there's more snow and it sticks around, you can make maple syrup treats with this year's run :lol Funny how the very freshest always tastes the sweetest/best :smile

MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf what zone are you in for gardening? Last day for snow/freezing?
I'm the blackest of black thumbs you will ever find so I don't follow garden information but the last day of freezing is usually the end of May. I have been told there have been years where there was frost in July but I have never seen that in the 11 years we've been here. Even in southern Ontario we would often get frost until the May long weekend. Which is this weekend. It had been getting warm so the buds are all out on the trees and some are even already forming leaves. I remember getting snow in early May the year I was pregnant with my daughter. It was so depressing because she was due the end of May, which is spring, and seeing snow in May made it feel like spring was never coming which meant she was never coming. Which is silly because she did. haha