How is the weather in your area NOW??

MapleLeaf

It is currently 7 degrees and very sunny. Google tells me that is 44F and the calculator tells me 44.6. Same thing, I guess. The long-term forecast says more rain on the weekend which I hope changes! So far it looks to be a mix of sun and cloud.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
We didn't get our little bit of rain last night, so the fertilizer/pre-emergent still visible.

60F today, sunny, and clear. If there's not enough dew tomorrow morning, I think I might have to sprinkle the yard a little [sigh]

The birds have been singing all day. Loudly, so hard to :cloud9 :lol

MapleLeaf

I heard that ANOTHER Colorado Low is on the way. NOooooooooo.....I hope the weatherman is as right as he ever is. Just dissolve into nothingness! Colorado can keep its lows.

Ghoti Ichthus

Sorry @MapleLeaf
It's so frustrating that winter - will - not - let -go - this - year, that it's actually becoming funny. This might become another year - without - summer . . . Autumn, anyone? :lol

OTOH, this spring has been more like the springs I remember growing up, except warmer and less snow. April always seemed good for a couple of snow storms, including a blizzard, and there was always snow sometime in May. June was usually safe, but sometimes :lol

I hate spring . . . it can't make up its mind what its going to do [sigh]
Funny, I like fall, and it can't make up its mind, either :lol

Ghoti Ichthus

Minnesota gets worse weather than we do and I could spit and it would hit you guys. LOL I have heard that our area has had frost in July but I haven't seen it in the 11 years we've been here. We've mostly seen the drought/fire seasons. This is our 3rd real flood year and the first was one we moved in right at the end of the season. The flooded fields have brought out the deer though and we see oodles of them even in the middle of the day. It's lovely.

Most people don't know about the Laurentian Divide. Part of why International Falls, Embarrass, etc. end up as cold as they do, even when areas north of them are warmer :lol The Divide also impacts precipitation patterns

MapleLeaf

That makes sense. When I was in Ontario I lived in a city at the bottom of an escarpment (creatively called The Escarpment) and were between that and Lake Ontario. We routinely missed the large storms of the various seasons that were pelting the communities at the top or on the other side of the lake. We were once caught in a torrential downpour that was so severe you could barely see in front of you. But as we made our way down the hill the rain became less and less until we were under sunny skies.

MapleLeaf

The drift that had blocked our back door shut all winter is now nothing more than a tiny circle of dirty snow off to the side. The past two days did real damage to it. There are still largish piles around town that the kids keep trying to climb but they should be going soon too. It is funny to see the kids climbing a pile of snow in 20 degree weather, haha.

MapleLeaf

Another big rain system coming in. I read it's NOT supposed to affect the flood levels but it still looks like it will be enough to soak things and we've finally dried out. The kids have spent so much time outside and I joined them as much as possible. There are some thunderstorms expected to come in but we're in the region where they won't be severe. Hopefully, there are no power outages because I'm not really anxious to see if our backup pump actually works or not. We think we fixed it but still nervous! We are replacing our most-damaged floor foam squares (that was due to cats, not flood) and we picked up a new chair at the thrift store. I don't want to do it all again.

TimeWarpWife

I cannot believe this. :hairout Earlier last week it was in the upper 60s, one day it even reached 71, although being mostly cloudy all those days, it still felt cool. Yesterday was cold, rainy, and miserable, feeling more like March than May. I know I sound like a broken record, but I am so sick of this cold, miserable weather. It looks like I put my winter coat and fleece jacket away too soon. Today the high will be 50 degrees and cloudy all day, tomorrow, if we're lucky, it'll be around 63. The average temps for this time of year here are supposed to be in the low 70s, we're not even close.

Last edited: