How is the weather in your area NOW??

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
63* now, high today maybe 67* , yesterday forecasters were saying maybe a record of 73 but it's partly cloudy so I'd be surprised if it hits those high temps. Good day to work outside.
Jeff cut our front yard trying to mulch up the leaves, and we paid a guy to do our back yard. He has a bagger where the lawn mower is picking up the leaves.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Jeff cut our front yard trying to mulch up the leaves, and we paid a guy to do our back yard. He has a bagger where the lawn mower is picking up the leaves.
I did same, mowed lawn real short and mulched leaves, brought the lawn furniture in from patio, worked on the rock retaining wall spraying some Flex seal in several key areas that have some erosion, 10 days ago I had filled the erosion areas with Loctite foam and stone, I walked on the top of it and it is really solid, should last a few years I hope.

athenasius

Well in my area up till day before yesterday, life was normal. Then southern BC and Washington State got hit with an "atmospheric river" which dumped so much water that it's destroyed chunks of our major north south highway the Coquihalla including washing out sections of road, and several bridges.

Every other highway has been closed due to mudslides and washouts.

Yesterday morning the entire town of Merritt had to be evacuated and houses were seen floating down the river. This is dry desert country an hour away from Kamloops and it's never happened before in recorded history.

Princeton had the same thing happen-- Evacuated. Buildings and cars floating down the river.

The city of Abbottsford which is in the Vancouver area and is HUGE is partially evacuated this morning as the water rose and turned much of the area into a lake.

A number of motorists were stranded in between mudslides (big big ones that in some cases may have carried cars over the banks of some steep hills (a lot of our roads are built on cliffs above rivers).

Our army deployed helicopters and personnel to rescue the stranded, and they are still hard at work this morning.

All highways going into and out of our area with the exception of the route thru from Kamloops north is closed. The only way groceries and gas can get in is via Alberta, thru Jasper, then into BC, the Yukon and Alaska.

This summer the fires closed the highways completely and now floods. Worse because the trees burnt to the ground on many hillsides around the roads. So not much is holding the rocks and mud from slipping downhill.

I think it's more warning signs from God explaining that what we thought was "normal" was a period of extended blessing, that is gradually being removed.

George and I are fine but we are a bit shaken up watching yet another of our nearby towns and cities being evacuated yet again.

The BC govt is still trying to get people to safety and then they can assess the situation and figure out what can be repaired, how long it will take and emergency measures like Bailey bridges and such in the interim.

It isn't just a tiny bit of highway missing, it's huge sections and all the land underneath the highway gone. Multiplied over many highways not just one. These took years to build, and replacing these sections will take a lot of time. Some of it just involves clearing out the mud and rock that slid onto the highway, others mean rebuilding the hillside to be able to rebuild the road or carving a new road out of the mountainside.

Christophilus

Well in my area up till day before yesterday, life was normal. Then southern BC and Washington State got hit with an "atmospheric river" which dumped so much water that it's destroyed chunks of our major north south highway the Coquihalla including washing out sections of road, and several bridges.

Yesterday morning the entire town of Merritt had to be evacuated and houses were seen floating down the river. This is dry desert country an hour away from Kamloops and it's never happened before in recorded history.

Princeton had the same thing happen-- Evacuated. Buildings and cars floating down the river.

The city of Abbottsford which is in the Vancouver area and is HUGE is partially evacuated this morning as the water rose and turned much of the area into a lake.

A number of motorists were stranded in between mudslides (big big ones that in some cases may have carried cars over the banks of some steep hills (a lot of our roads are built on cliffs above rivers).

Our army deployed helicopters and personnel to rescue the stranded, and they are still hard at work this morning.

All highways going into and out of our area with the exception of the route thru from Kamloops north is closed. The only way groceries and gas can get in is via Alberta, thru Jasper, then into BC, the Yukon and Alaska.

This summer the fires closed the highways completely and now floods. Worse because the trees burnt to the ground on many hillsides around the roads. So not much is holding the rocks and mud from slipping downhill.

I think it's more warning signs from God explaining that what we thought was "normal" was a period of extended blessing, that is gradually being removed.

George and I are fine but we are a bit shaken up watching yet another of our nearby towns and cities being evacuated yet again.

The BC govt is still trying to get people to safety and then they can assess the situation and figure out what can be repaired, how long it will take and emergency measures like Bailey bridges and such in the interim.

It isn't just a tiny bit of highway missing, it's huge sections and all the land underneath the highway gone. Multiplied over many highways not just one. These took years to build, and replacing these sections will take a lot of time. Some of it just involves clearing out the mud and rock that slid onto the highway, others mean rebuilding the hillside to be able to rebuild the road or carving a new road out of the mountainside.
I'm on the Olympic Peninsula WA. We had quite a bit of rain and wind, Some towns are cut off on the West End, but our town (Sequim) fared well.

TrustinHim

I saw an article about this, I hope you're doing well and don't have too many difficulties because of it. A long recovery for the area not a temporary setback. I hope many people are seeking God for answers that previous to this had not given any thought of his blessings.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Sunny and 62. What a change from yesterday - 22 degrees colder.
I know what you mean the temps are for sure falling, and Winter will be here next month. The official day on the calendar is Dec. 21st my husband's birthday. If anyone knows who Pastor Ed Hindson is from Liberty University Virginia, it is his birthday as well.

athenasius

It's snowing today. Looks like it will stick. That won't help the highways workers reopen the highways or repair the huge missing chunks but it's pretty and it's not creating more floods. So it's all good.