How is the weather in your area NOW??

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
90F, humid, and hazy. WCCO Weather says we need at least 5 inches of rain over the next few weeks to break the drought. Governor may have to declare a water emergency sometime next week. It's not just wilderness and recreation areas (wildfires) and farmers that are affected. A lot of the power here is generated by hydroelectric, so a bad enough drought will cause other serious issues. TPTB are already coordinating with the Army Corps of Engineers, which runs the dams, to ensure *enough* power and water.

Dear God, please send us the water we need, extinguish the wild fires, keep the power on, and bless the farmers, crops, and livestock. In Jesus' Name

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Wings Like Eagles

It is currently 20 degrees C. (68 degrees F.). We had pretty bad thunderstorms out of the north, around noon and it cleared out the heat and humidity along with clearing out the bad air advisory (from the wildfires in N.W. Ontario). Skies are now bright blue and the sun is bright (skies were dirty gray with pale red, hazy sun this morning). Supposed to go down into the 50s tonight. I'm praying for all those affected by the wildfires all across North America. Wildfire is very scary. Went through one once, when traveling through the Appalachians. The smoke was the worst.

Ghoti Ichthus

Hot, humid, and hazy. Sort of overcast and cloudy and filtered sun. It's humid enough to smell the water in the air, hot enough to smell the water evaporating from the lakes, rivers, and streams, and the smoke haze in the air smells wet. No wind. No rain and none in the forecast.

Put the winter draft blocking thing across the bottom of the front door to keep the smoke smell out.

Ghoti Ichthus

This morning, 67F, humid, and mostly cloudy. It's smokey and so hazy it's hard to see the clouds. Winter draft thing across the bottom of the front door.

Lovin Jesus

It's been so unbelievably hot. Never in my lifetime do I remember this kind of heat even for Summer in Southern California. I'm remembering Summer of 2019 and would love to see this for this Summer as it was for Colorado back then.

Reflecting on June 22, 2019

Coloradans do you remember?
Summer Storm Drops Nearly 2 Feet Of Snow At Colorado’s Steamboat Resort
DENVER (CBS4) – Mother Nature seems confused about what the arrival of summer should mean, even in the higher elevations of Colorado.
Nearly two feet of snow has been measured on the snow stake at Steamboat Resort. The snow started falling early on Friday morning and lasted through most of the day and night.

Snow has been reported in elevations as low as 7,000 feet in parts of northern and north-central Colorado and more could fall into Saturday night and early Sunday. The National Weather Service has issued Winter Weather Advisories for much of the area.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/06/22/heavy-summer-snow-at-steamboat-resort/

I want some of that snow!

Wings Like Eagles

Currently 70 degrees F. (21 degrees C.) going to a high of 72 degrees, under clear skies and bright sunshine, with low humidity. The storms that we got yesterday, out of the north, off the James Bay, cleared things out--for now. The few days in advance of the storms, we had been hot in the 80s, hazy with the smoke from the wildfires in N.W. Ontario (combined with smoke from California and other spots further south). Supposed to be cool, sunny, for the most part, with a couple of days of rain over the next week--that should make the farmers happy. Ground temperature has fallen--probably due to the smoke--looks like we may have an early fall. I'm already starting to see some evidence that the deciduous trees and shrubs are "thinking" about turning colours.

I got an answer as to why we have so few birds this summer--they have gone further north! Have a friend who is a wildlife biologist--his daughter lives in Moosonee (about 20 K from the James Bay) and says she has never seen so many birds up there! Our friend says that they likely continued to go further north to escape the early heat and dryness here, during their nesting time. The birds are also probably happy to be out of the smoke of the North American wild fires too.

Wings Like Eagles

It is 85 feels like 89, and I am so ready for Fall(Autumn) to get here. I don't care for hot weather.
You and me both. I really am not fond of living in A/C. Everyone in the north moans and groans about the winter and having to live cooped up during winter, but I find hot summers more unpleasant--especially during forest fire season. We have very little wind here in the winter so being outside in the softly falling snow is delightful as long as one is properly dressed. I found it colder in S. Ontario because they have wind in the winter. Even now, when we get a storm, they get major wind damage and we might get the occasional downed tree.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
You and me both. I really am not fond of living in A/C. Everyone in the north moans and groans about the winter and having to live cooped up during winter, but I find hot summers more unpleasant--especially during forest fire season. We have very little wind here in the winter so being outside in the softly falling snow is delightful as long as one is properly dressed.
The heat doesn't agree with me especially since I had a heat stroke in a coma on July 15, 1995. I was in a coma for about 18 hrs. I was in the hospital for 3 days.

Ghoti Ichthus

We didn't get a lot. 0.1 inch in the rain guage. Now it's hot and humid and steamy and clear and hazy filtered sun. We may get some more rain on and off later, or maybe even another thunderstorm :smile Or maybe not.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
92 feels like 102. It is hot outside that is why we are inside keeping cool! We had our front yard cut yesterday so we didn't have to do it, and the backyard will probably be cut by the same person Saturday. We gave Freddie ice water yesterday.

Ghoti Ichthus

Overcast, cloudy, hazy, smokey, 89F, humid , , , yech :puke

Fortunately, not humid enough to be yicky :lol

:dance2 The little bit of rain we got yesterday was enough to get rid of the crunchiness in the lawn except for a few prickly spots, and the soil and lawn feel cooler than the air :dance2

A nice breeze has started up, hopefully it's outflow :smile Praying the thunderstorms and rain don't pass us by, but the tornadoes and hail do

Last edited: