How is the weather in your area NOW??

Saved and Waiting

Been some tornadoes here in Eastern Iowa today. Some heavy rainfall in many places (many places really needed rain)!! Thunder, lightening, and at times, heavy rain, where I live...tornadoes reported to the North and to the South of my small town. Haven't heard of any deaths but there has been trees and power lines down and some rural buildings damaged.

Wings Like Eagles

It is currently 64 degrees (at 11:30 p.m.) going down to a low of 62 overnight--humid though. Supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow--about 3/4 in. of rain. Predicting possible tornado for the areas on the north shores of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario through the "905". The "905" is Canadian-speak for the towns and cities north of the "Golden Horseshoe" (the area from Ft. Erie to Toronto).

We are worried about the wildfires in N.W. Ontario. Very far from here (about 1,600 kilometres, I think). But we are already seeing a bit of gray tinge in the sky in that direction.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
It is currently 64 degrees (at 11:30 p.m.) going down to a low of 62 overnight--humid though. Supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow--about 3/4 in. of rain. Predicting possible tornado for the areas on the north shores of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario through the "905". The "905" is Canadian-speak for the towns and cities north of the "Golden Horseshoe" (the area from Ft. Erie to Toronto).

We are worried about the wildfires in N.W. Ontario. Very far from here (about 1,600 kilometres, I think). But we are already seeing a bit of gray tinge in the sky in that direction.

The moon was a gorgeous shade of orange tonight. From all the particulates in the atmosphere.

Lovin Jesus

Been some tornadoes here in Eastern Iowa today. Some heavy rainfall in many places (many places really needed rain)!! Thunder, lightening, and at times, heavy rain, where I live...tornadoes reported to the North and to the South of my small town. Haven't heard of any deaths but there has been trees and power lines down and some rural buildings damaged.
Lord shield your beloved children from these awful storms. Safeguard my sister and her loved ones as also all of your children who love you in Jesus name

Ghoti Ichthus

ROOT while editing [sigh]

Stuck my head out the door for just a few seconds and now have a sore throat, smell of burning, and itchy, scratchy eyes :frown There's no air quality warning/advisory here like there is farther north, so it must be terrible for the people closer to/in all the actual fire areas

Consolidated sources of forest fire information for US and Canada.
IMPORTANT: Local sources should be relied on for up-to-date and evacuation information.

National Interagency Fire Center
https://www.nifc.gov/fire-information/nfn#Minnesota

Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre
https://ciffc.ca/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

The sun is going down, the temperature has dropped, a nice breeze is blowing, and the air quality has improved a lot :dance2

Very pleasant in the 70s now :smile