How do you use mail in this forum?

Goodboy

I see a mail icon in the upper right corner, but when I click on it there is no option to do anything.
Can we mail each other and if so how do you do it?

Almost Heaven

It has been on and off a few times over the years. Each time it was turned off due to members abusing the privilege of PM. Doubtful it ever is restored, but I can't speak for Chris.

Last edited:

Goodboy

It has been on and off a few times over the years. Each time it was turned off due to members abusing the privilege of PM. Doubtful it ever is restored, but I can't speak for Chris.
Thanks Almost Heaven! :)
I don't really need it, I was just wondering how it worked. It might be useful for someone living in the same area as someone else and wanting to meet in person, but not give that information out to everyone. I could see how it might be misused though, so I have no problem with it staying off. :)

Andy C

I don't really need it, I was just wondering how it worked. It might be useful for someone living in the same area as someone else and wanting to meet in person, but not give that information out to everyone. I could see how it might be misused though, so I have no problem with it staying off. :)
It would come in handy at times, but Ive been told it wont return. To many past abuses of the system, many of which Im sure would shock us all as coming from former members.

Andy C

The below is from a few years ago, and even after this, it was turned back on, only to be abused again. Very sad.
https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/conversation-system.108773/

Goodboy

Dave

The below is from a few years ago, and even after this, it was turned back on, only to be abused again. Very sad.
https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/conversation-system.108773/
I did not know about all of that. I remember getting some pretty crazy PMs sometimes from people that would just sign up to spam us. I remember getting one that said I was going to Hades for something, I can't remember the contents but figured that was why Chris did away with them.

SonSeeker

It would come in handy at times, but Ive been told it wont return. To many past abuses of the system, many of which Im sure would shock us all as coming from former members.
It's a real shame that a Christian forum has to prevent its members from contacting each other in private. There have been times where it would have been preferable to write something to an individual in private, not wanting to embarrass them publicly.
Chris is the big dog here, as it's his website. What he says, goes, and that's just fine. If he did see fit to bring it back, it would need to be heavily moderated, and Chris has more than enough to do as it is.
But, yes, it would be great if we could have them back. Maybe rather than just opening the floodgates to everyone, it could be limited to members with a certain seniority, or a certain number of posts.

This thread will likely get Chris's or Adrian's attention, and we can see what he says.

SonSeeker

I did not know about all of that. I remember getting some pretty crazy PMs sometimes from people that would just sign up to spam us. I remember getting one that said I was going to Hades for something, I can't remember the contents but figured that was why Chris did away with them.
Hmm, I never got any of that trash. But if I did, it would've been re-sent directly to Chris and the Mods.

Lynn

I'm wondering if Chris would allow us a 'holiday' from restricted access. For example, maybe one day a month
(or one day per quarter), between the hours of noon and 5pm, or some variation of that.
This way, those of us who'd like to communicate off the board for a brief time, we could. Also, if someone pm's us, but we don't want to communicate off the board, just reply that you prefer not to.

Dave

Hmm, I never got any of that trash. But if I did, it would've been re-sent directly to Chris and the Mods.
It was a long time ago. Like I said I can't remember the specifics. It was a pretty creepy email and it talked alot of nonsense. I think it was around 2008 or something. I remember around that time there used to be a site called Fundies Say the Darndest Things and they would take our posts and copy them to their site and make fun of us over there. I don't know if they are still a thing or not. Some of their members would register on here or RaptureReady just to make trouble.

Last edited:

LoudRam77

It was a long time ago. Like I said I can't remember the specifics. It was a pretty creepy email and it talked alot of nonsense. I think it was around 2008 or something. I remember around that time there used to be a site called Fundies Say the Darndest Things and they would take our posts and copy them to their site and make fun of us over there. I don't know if they are still a thing or not. Some of their members would register on here or RaptureReady just to make trouble.
I remember that site. It was a badge of honor to have a high fundie rating. Mine was pretty high. :woohoo