How do you pass the time before the Rapture?

Eph611

"Passing the time" may sound like a bit much, and there's no doubt that our mission as Christians is to always be prepared to share the Gospel and do our best to plant seeds to bring as many people to Christ as possible before it's too late. And we all know that time is running short. In our everyday lives, however, we need occasional rest and recuperation. Most of us haven't been blessed with the energy to be on-point and preaching the Good News on a 24/7 basis, and we need diversions. It may be cooking. Or knitting. Or playing golf. Or writing a book. What do you do as a "diversion" to rest, recuperate, gather your thoughts, and prepare yourself mentally and physically to meet the opportunities and challenges that God puts before you? Personally, my hobby is ham radio and antique radio restoration. Bringing an old radio to life is a satisfying, fun, and worthwhile adventure that provides helpful focus time and welcome relief. And it's a constant that can't be undone by the lunatic radicals.

Last edited:

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
watching sermons on yt from some of my fav pre trib preachers
Yes, Andy Woods in particular for me. Also, just now finished listening to the late J. Vernon McGee as he goes through the book of Romans. His voice is comforting to me as he goes through the Scriptures verse by verse, explaining each one. It's like listening to a godly older grandfather teaching me God's Word.
I'm also spending some relaxing time doing a few watercolor greeting cards to send to family members.

cheeky200386

Raising children. The days go by like a blur. When I have down time I like to listen to Andy Woods, watch faith based movies, read books, study the Bible, spend time with my husband. I also work part time so that takes time.

I can't imagine being retired, single and without a church. Way too much free time. The retired ladies in my church are very active in Bible study, fellowship several days a week, multiple services . They're always doing something with the church as a group. I can see that making a big difference.

pixelpusher

If I'm not pushing the pixels, cooking, or doing some kind of house work here or at Mom's, you might find me out paddling somewhere, or carving paddles or building a(nother !) kayak. Early mornings you'd catch me at my desk listening to teachings, sermons or prophecy updates, scanning the headlines over coffee.

Dan the Elder

Titus 2:12-13 "And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed".
I strive to do my best in that regard -- I spend a great deal of time reading and writing (that's getting more difficult, as I have advanced glaucoma and slowly losing my sight); I spend time praying, and helping my wife as much as possible...

homemaker

I have a 16 year old, a 14 year old, and a 3 year old. I don't boast a lot of down time. The small time I have is generally used goofing around on my phone... Unless I find a good book. But I have to be careful, because I will stay up WAY TOO LATE reading...

I also spend a lot of time here, watching the news, and wondering how much longer we have to wait.

cheeky200386

I have a 16 year old, a 14 year old, and a 3 year old. I don't boast a lot of down time. The small time I have is generally used goofing around on my phone... Unless I find a good book. But I have to be careful, because I will stay up WAY TOO LATE reading...

I also spend a lot of time here, watching the news, and wondering how much longer we have to wait.
The same thing happens to me. I finally get down time after my son falls asleep that I try to enjoy it to the point where I can easily stay up too late. I just enjoy my quiet time so much.

Bethlehem57

Gardening and yard work. Mowing, especially, gives immediate feedback and satisfaction. But the garden is both to reduce our cost in groceries and also to have something useful in place for those who occupy our house post rapture. When tired, I read.
I love these as well! I volunteer at my granddaughter‘s school…thank You Lord that her dad (my SIL) teaches there and they are Christian! I love reading and studying the Bible, it’s part of my daily routine. My DH and I are raising our adopted granddaughter (daughter); huge handful because she has ADD and Bi-polar Depression. But God is so good! Today she got a full time job! We go to church and spend time together.

I was going to a Bible study but it was feed me spiritually. Assigning Bible verses to read and then reading them back to us isn’t a Bible study IMHO! My input about the details of the verses wasn’t well received, even though they a part of my Church and are pre-trib, so without causing any grief because this woman started this Bible study, I bowed out. I found out that the teacher at granddaughter’s school needed me on the day of Bible study, so I get more time with these third graders who get to study the Bible and pray! Did I mention that God is so good!

TheRedeemed

I am very blessed, in many ways, one way because I’m saved and, enjoy watching YouTube for my fav pre-trib pastors sermons almost every day.

For another blessing, is my work programming computers, databases and applications for business; I am being paid handsomely for indulging in one of my hobbies, God is so good.

To take some time out I also use another one of my God given skills/hobbies, namely playing musical instruments. I have my own YouTube channel where I record my playing, you may wish to check me out, there are some nice hymns on there too in the Christmas playlist.

Use @themusicaltechnician to find me if you like music.

Last edited:

Eph611

I am very blessed, in many ways, one way because I’m saved and, enjoy watching YouTube for my fav pre-trib pastors sermons almost every day.

For the another blessing, is my work programming computers, databases and applications for business; I am being paid handsomely for indulging in one of my hobbies, God is so good.

To take some time out I also use another one of my God given skills/hobbies, namely playing musical instruments. I have my own YouTube channel where I record my playing, you may wish to check me out, there are some nice hymns on there too in the Christmas playlist.

Use @themusicaltechnician to find me if you like music.
Checked out your YouTube channel. Awesome music and great talent!

Back