How do you grow out your hair from being Short?

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Okay so I've had a pixie cut for a long while a few years actually haha and I've started growing it out. for now since it's mess haha as I'm growing it out for keeping it maintained I'll either wear hair bands or a bandana or just push all my hair back and put it in a bandana and make a little bow out of the ends of the bandana since I have thick curly hair I have to maintain it somehow haha so I'm interested to know how y'all style your hair in all the different stages of growing out your hair? Including in the awkward stage haha I have no idea how long this growing out hair thing for me is going to last though since summer is just right around the corner I'll probably end up saying the heck with it and Chop it off again but it's worth a try! I would love to have the long hair and be able to style it different ways haven't had long hair in forever and pixie cuts are a lot of maintenance. Can't wait read y'alls comments.:paintnails:thankyou:tea

Last edited:

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I like my hair to the middle of my back. But last summer I put it right to my shoulders. I cannot do shorter than that because it's not falttering to my face shape.
But I grow it out and cut it off all the time. Do you know how much your hair usually grows per month?

They say the average is 6 inches per year which is about right for me. The best thing to grow it out is to get it trimmed regularly, at least once every 2-3 months. If it starts looking scraggly then the awkward lengths will be even worse to weather through! Also get a cut that is flattering on you so you will actually like looking at your hair while going through the in between stage.

Is your hair naturally straight, wavy or curly?

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Two years ago, my hair was nearly waist length. But being very thick and wavy, it was very heavy and felt like a blanket on my neck and back. Plus I’m not good at braiding it, and because it’s so heavy, it’s very difficult to keep up in a bun. And all the conditioner I had to use to be able to comb through the tangles after washing! I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore. So I had it cut to just below my shoulders, and what a difference it made! I felt liberated! So easy to care for now! As much as I love long hair, it wound up being not worth it for me. After I receive my glorified body, then I can have “Rapunzel” length hair... :smile2

Musician 4 Jesus

I like my hair to the middle of my back. But last summer I put it right to my shoulders. I cannot do shorter than that because it's not falttering to my face shape.
But I grow it out and cut it off all the time. Do you know how much your hair usually grows per month?

They say the average is 6 inches per year which is about right for me. The best thing to grow it out is to get it trimmed regularly, at least once every 2-3 months. If it starts looking scraggly then the awkward lengths will be even worse to weather through! Also get a cut that is flattering on you so you will actually like looking at your hair while going through the in between stage.

Is your hair naturally straight, wavy or curly?
My hair is naturally really curly and thick makes it harder to have longer hair on the summer because of the heat:cry2

Musician 4 Jesus

Well if you can pull off short hair then keep it! Anything above my shoulders :oops:--ick!
Hahahaha well I guess I can since everyone says I look better with short hair once I just got my hoar freshly cut to a pixie and a lady chased me down in walmart just to say how good it looked haha. And nawwww you just have to style it right. Everyone has a haircut that fits them☺️

Lovin Jesus

Okay so I've had a pixie cut for a long while a few years actually haha and I've started growing it out. for now since it's mess haha as I'm growing it out for keeping it maintained I'll either wear hair bands or a bandana or just push all my hair back and put it in a bandana and make a little bow out of the ends of the bandana since I have thick curly hair I have to maintain it somehow haha so I'm interested to know how y'all style your hair in all the different stages of growing out your hair? Including in the awkward stage haha I have no idea how long this growing out hair thing for me is going to last though since summer is just right around the corner I'll probably end up saying the heck with it and Chop it off again but it's worth a try! I would love to have the long hair and be able to style it different ways haven't had long hair in forever and pixie cuts are a lot of maintenance. Can't wait read y'alls comments.:paintnails:thankyou:tea

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-makes-hair-grow#proper-nutrition

Wings Like Eagles

I have a pixie cut for a couple of different reasons. Because I have a small body and large head, I look better without a lot of hair on my head (don't like looking like a cartoon character--lol). The other reason is, my hair has gotten wiry as I have gotten older and it is more manageable, if I keep it short, as I don't like putting a lot of goopy, scented products on my head (allergic to perfume).

Musician 4 Jesus

Welp I still haven't cut my hair yet I think I'm just going to let it grow out im starting to like this long hair thing hahha of course it isn't that long but I can now put it up in a half up half down pony tail

Angelfish

Sorry to be late to this thread. Musician 4 Jesus, have you heard of the curly girl method for long hair? There is a book out there with that title. I think you can find it by doing a search. Also, there is a really good website for long hair called the Long Hair Community. Be warned...it is not a Christian site.

That said, I have long hair (calf length) and find it very easy to manage. I live in a hot climate and putting it up in various styles is easy and efficient. It does take patience and time to grow to the length where you can keep it off your face and off your back. At my length, I do not wear it down very much but I do enjoy combing it out and braiding it every morning.

I hope this helps and you enjoy the journey.