How Did a Seismologist Predict the Turkey Earthquake 3 Days Earlier?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Interesting, but strange.

How Did a Seismologist Predict the Turkey Earthquake 3 Days Earlier?​

A Dutch researcher predicted that an earthquake would hit the region, highlighting with almost exact precision the epicenter of the quake that would soon strike.
By MAARIV ONLINE
Published: FEBRUARY 8, 2023 12:24

"A Dutch expert published a tweet on his Twitter account three days before the earthquake in Turkey on Monday, predicting that a powerful earthquake would happen imminently in Turkey.
He even attached an aerial photograph and marked the area where the disaster would happen.
Dutch seismologist Frank Hoogerbeets, who works for the Solar System Geometry Survey (SSGS) in the Netherlands, predicted the earthquake in Turkey on February 3."

More
https://stgdesktopcore.jpost.com/in...FijMHHWBr3sH&spot_im_highlight_immediate=true

:pray :pray :amen :amen

pixelpusher

I now predict that "sooner or later", California will experience a 7 earthquake.

I dunno, it seems like earthquakes occur frequently in Turkey? I'm not sure that celestial alignments cause earthquakes tho they may occur concurrently, but what do I know? I could also say birds flying over roads cause car accidents.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
And I was going to say that the guy knew when and where he was going to turn on his earthquake machine!

You mean like this?

How It Works: The Earthquake Machine​

https://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-03/earthquake-machine/

6 Brilliant Tesla Inventions That Never Got Built​

These futuristic visions have yet to come to fruition, either because of technological limitations or market viability—or both.

1. Earthquake Machine​

"In 1893, Tesla patented a steam-powered mechanical oscillator that would vibrate up and down at high speeds to generate electricity. Years after patenting his invention he told reporters that one day while attempting to tune his mechanical oscillator to the vibration of the building housing his New York City laboratory, he caused the ground to shake. During the test, Tesla continuously turned up the power and heard cracking sounds. “Suddenly,” he recalled, “all the heavy machinery in the place was flying around. I grabbed a hammer and broke the machine. The building would have been down about our ears in another few minutes.” Police and ambulances arrived on the scene to attend to the commotion, but Tesla told his assistants to remain quiet and tell the police that it must have been an earthquake."

https://www.history.com/news/6-brilliant-tesla-inventions-never-built

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I now predict that "sooner or later", California will experience a 7 earthquake.

I dunno, it seems like earthquakes occur frequently in Turkey? I'm not sure that celestial alignments cause earthquakes tho they may occur concurrently, but what do I know? I could also say birds flying over roads cause car accidents.
Turkey is really badly located for faultlines I remember seeing. It's near three big ones and one minor fault. California on the other hand is only next to one, if I recall everything correctly.

So yeah, Turkey is a lot more likely to get rattled, and rattled hard, than California.

nursey1960

Not sure if ok to post, but I watch a guy from Missouri on YouTube who has figured out how earthquakes follow a wave pattern over fault lines. He has videos going back from Japan's big one in 2011. His name is DutchSinse (not sure if last name is spelled right. He is very interesting how he tracks every quake, When he plots out the next expected quake, he predicts usually in a 2week window at a certain range in a 200 mile radius. He is pretty accurate. Often the quakes are associated or near volcanos or drilling sites. Interesting stuff.

Back