How Close is the Second Coming?

Wings Like Eagles

Agreed! Which itself is a sign that the Lord is coming soon!
I think this is a word for Rapture Forums: But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief (1 Thessalonians 5:3). It's good to have a safe place where believers are talking about and expecting the return of the Lord. No darkness here. :)
Amen. We are not asleep.

Andy C

John 16:8-11) If the Father does not draw them, and the Holy Spirit does not convict them, to my mind, we are wasting our time, in our feeble attempts to evangelize. When unbelievers won't listen to us, we were told to "shake the dust" off our sandals (if you will, the "shoes of the gospel of peace") and move on to someone who wants to hear the Good News. We should pray always that the Father draw sinners and that the Holy Spirit would convict them of "sin, righteousness and judgment" but it is not in our hands
Sounds like you are expressing Calvinism

Wings Like Eagles

Sounds like you are expressing Calvinism
NO, Andy. I am expressing New Testament faith. I can't help it if Calvinists say anything. You know how I feel about Calvinism--I think their doctrine is wrong in a number of ways. And their founder certainly missed the mark! I said it is not in OUR hands, as tellers of the Good News--but it is certainly the CHOICE of those who listen, to hear and be saved. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Andy C

NO, Andy. I am expressing New Testament faith. I can't help it if Calvinists say anything. You know how I feel about Calvinism--I think their doctrine is wrong in a number of ways. And their founder certainly missed the mark! I said it is not in OUR hands, as tellers of the Good News--but it is certainly the CHOICE of those who listen, to hear and be saved. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Not all reply the first, second, or how many times it is that God calls them. He calls those he foreknew would chose to believe in Him, but many like myself, dont always respond on a timely basis. Therefore, it can never be a waste of time to plant seeds.

Wings Like Eagles

Not all reply the first, second, or how many times it is that God calls them. He calls those he foreknew would chose to believe in Him, but many like myself, dont always respond on a timely basis. Therefore, it can never be a waste of time to plant seeds.
"Planting seeds" is different from hitting someone over the head with the "plow". We are told "...And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it." (1 Peter 3:15). It is never a waste of time to preach the gospel but there are some who will refuse to listen and they are best left alone. Nagging at them does no good--often it makes them hostile and how is that helping them?

Andy C

"Planting seeds" is different from hitting someone over the head with the "plow". We are told "...And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it." (1 Peter 3:15). It is never a waste of time to preach the gospel but there are some who will refuse to listen and they are best left alone. Nagging at them does no good--often it makes them hostile and how is that helping them?
I was the same way, could not stand to be hounded by Christians. It took many years, several strong Christians, and then one day, the Light came on.

Wings Like Eagles

I was the same way, could not stand to be hounded by Christians. It took many years, several strong Christians, and then one day, the Light came on.
I grew up in a town where there were a lot of what we used to call "Bible-thumpers" and those of us who were resistant, made fun of them. A number of the Bible-folk seemed to be quite miserable. It wasn't until I became acquainted with those who had the "joy of the Lord" that I was intrigued enough to listen. I joined their Bible study--just curious at first. Then I came to truly admire the peace, joy and love that came from them--truly "living water". The rest is my personal history of salvation. Blessings!

lismore

If the prophets failed to warn the people, God said that He would hold those "watchmen" responsible. That was one of the main tasks of a prophet under the Old Covenant. We are now under the New Covenant.
Hello Wings! Thanks for your reply, interesting. The scripture that came to mind was Romans 10:14- How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? It's a miracle that anyone gets saved, the work of the Holy Spirit. I'm very thankful that in a time when most Scots want nothing to do with the gospel my immediate family are saved. For most Scots it just seems that the gospel bounces off them- their eyes are closed. I don't think the passage in Ezekiel applies in the same way under the New Covenant- we have a command to warn people, but our salvation is by Grace not by works. God Bless :)

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

Hello Wings! Thanks for your reply, interesting. The scripture that came to mind was Romans 10:14- How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? It's a miracle that anyone gets saved, the work of the Holy Spirit. I'm very thankful that in a time when most Scots want nothing to do with the gospel my immediate family are saved. For most Scots it just seems that the gospel bounces off them- their eyes are closed. I don't think the passage in Ezekiel applies in the same way under the New Covenant- we have a command to warn people, but our salvation is by Grace not by works. God Bless :)
Yes. That is why we must pray always for the lost--that their eyes would be opened. :) Blessings to you as well!

Dragontiger777

Some of your message are great....but to me:revolvingdoor round cycle from happened 9/11 caused them panic and repented then later on 2019 strike again other COVID-19 cause panicked .....then repenting.

to me seem cycle but they; Christian, people should know and keep your head lift on Jesus..