How Christians Became a Minority in the UK and How It’ll Happen Here

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
How Christians Became a Minority in the UK and How It’ll Happen Here
“Only 3% of 18-24 year olds identify as Anglicans, and only 5% as Catholics.”
By Daniel Greenfield

Mass migration and the collapse of religion among the young have transformed Europe. And it’s transforming America at a slower rate.

Christians now account for less than half of the UK population for the first time in census history, government figures reveal.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has today published the results of its census data on religion, national identity, ethnic group and language.

The results showed that for the first time in a census of England and Wales, less than half of the population (46.2 per cent, or 27.5 million people) described themselves as ‘Christian’ in 2021. This marks a 13.1 percentage point decrease from 59.3 per cent (33.3 million) in 2011.

Muslim mass migration is obviously a factor, but the biggest factor is that few younger people in the native population are religious. There’s a massive increase in irreligiosity that far outstrips the changing demographics due to immigration.

Other results from the census showed that in 2021, 81.7 per cent (48.7 million) of usual residents in England and Wales identified their ethnic group within the ‘White’ category – a decrease from 86.0 per cent (48.2 million) in the 2011 Census.

The next most common ethnic group was ‘Asian, Asian British or Asian Welsh’ accounting for 9.3 per cent (5.5 million) of the overall population, this ethnic group also saw the largest percentage point increase from 2011, up from 7.5 per cent (4.2 million people)…

Other results from the religion data in the census showed that between 2011 and 2021, the Muslim population increased from 4.9 per cent to 6.5 per cent (2.7 to 3.9 million), the Sikh population grew from 0.8 per cent to 0.9 per cent (423,000 to 524,000), and the number of Buddhists rose from 0.4 per cent to 0.5 per cent (249,000 to 273,000).

Furthermore, the number of Hindus increased from 1.5 per cent to 1.7 pre cent (818,000 to 1 million) and the Jewish population rose from 265,000 to 271,000 (both at 0.5 per cent)…

Despite this decrease, ‘Christian’ remained the most common response to the religion question. ‘No religion’ was the second most common response, increasing to 37.2 per cent (22.2 million) from 25.2 per cent (14.1 million) across the ten year period.

No religion is also increasing in the United States.

I noted in 2019 that the majority of white Democrats were no longer Christians.

In Obama’s first year in office, 68% of white Democrats described themselves as Christians, 7% claimed to be members of other faiths, and 24% said that they had no religious affiliation.

A decade later, only 47% of white Democrats call themselves Christians. 10% are members of other faiths, and 42% have no religion.

A majority of white Democrats have ceased to be Christian.

This is a generational phenomenon. Back to the UK.

In the UK, only 3% of 18-24 year olds identify as Anglicans, and only 5% as Catholics, among 25-34 year olds, 5% identify as Anglicans and 9% as Catholics. 64% of 18-24 year olds say that they have no religion, as do 57% of 25-34 year olds, and 60% of 35-44 year olds.

3%. Think about that.

These numbers may be a bit outdated, but they haven’t gotten any better. And America is catching up.

What you’re seeing is the result of cultural programming that has all but eliminated Judeo-Christian religiosity as a source of values and identity among the young and replaced it with pop culture and politics.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...-minority-in-the-uk-and-how-itll-happen-here/

JamesSuth

It is something I've witness first hand. In the span of my parents lifetime the country has turned from British to a mix of nationalities, and from Christian to atheist and Muslim. The latter is rapidly accelerating in recent times.

The decline is even more marked that the stats suggest. The actual percentage of practicing Christians is likely well under 10% by now (https://faithsurvey.co.uk/uk-christianity.html). And we all know that it is only a minority of church attenders who are true believers - the figure includes catholic, nominal, JW's etc. The figure is also boosted by the large numbers of black Christians and Eastern Europeans who have moved to the UK. Without them church attendance would have collapsed. The native, white Britain is almost certainly an atheist. I work in an organisation of around 250 staff. Of that I can think of one other believer and only two other church attenders - one of whom may be a believer.

Regarding Islam, the acceleration is incredible and troubling. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'atheist' population went over to Islam at some point. The vast majority are not true atheists, but rather anti Christians.

The other huge change is the ethnic make up of the UK. It is now genuinely a multi ethnic country with all the social strain and tensions that this brings.

I'm looking forward to eternity.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I blame parents and Church leadership for not doing what God has ordained and commanded,

Parents are responsible to bring up their children in the ways and faith and knowledge of The Lord.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6, KJV

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:1-4, KJV

15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
Proverbs 29:15, KJV

Church leadership is supposed to adhere to, lead, and enforce adherence to the Bible, sound doctrine, and moral behavior. The Church and individual Christians are supposed to be salt and light engage in The Great Commission. The Church is supposed to influence society, not the other way around.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:13-16, KJV

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:16-20, KJV

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

cheeky200386

I blame parents and Church leadership for not doing what God has ordained and commanded,

Parents are responsible to bring up their children in the ways and faith and knowledge of The Lord.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6, KJV

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:1-4, KJV

15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
Proverbs 29:15, KJV

Church leadership is supposed to adhere to, lead, and enforce adherence to the Bible, sound doctrine, and moral behavior. The Church and individual Christians are supposed to be salt and light engage in The Great Commission. The Church is supposed to influence society, not the other way around.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:13-16, KJV

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:16-20, KJV

:cry

The problem with pointing out the role parents have is they often get offended. They trusted their kids to the Godless public schools and hoped for the best. I see it all of the time and it's sad. They spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week being trained to believe the Bible is outdated and that humans have all of the answers. They are taught evolution, humanism, and everything but about God. Is it any wonder?

Then the kids go to church for an hour a week and that's supposed to undo all of the time spent learning godlessness. Their friends are from the public schools or sports teams being raised in godlessness too.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Parents (especially Fathers) are still responsible (Ephesians 6:4)

They can participate on the PTA, vote for school board members, or simply pull their kids out and either home-school or send them to a private/parochial school. Parents are also supposed to correct their children, and this would be both behavior and faith (Proverbs 29:15)

If children become prodigal(s), IF the parents brought up their child(ren) in the faith, I take Proverbs 22:6 as a promise of return of prodigals to the faith before death.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
The problem with pointing out the role parents have is they often get offended. They trusted their kids to the Godless public schools and hoped for the best. I see it all of the time and it's sad. They spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week being trained to believe the Bible is outdated and that humans have all of the answers. They are taught evolution, humanism, and everything but about God. Is it any wonder?

Then the kids go to church for an hour a week and that's supposed to undo all of the time spent learning godlessness. Their friends are from the public schools or sports teams being raised in godlessness too.
Exactly.
Who is raising the children?
The Public School System and pretty much the majority of colleges and universities are indoctrination facilities that mock God and His Word.
It is almost to the point that The Church is no longer wanted in any Godly fashion .
Any slight light creates exposure to darkness.

The Age of Grace is coming to an abrupt close.

The deception of Satan has taken deep root.
Lines are clearly being drawn.

Back