How can you believe in a God that wants to send most of the world to Hell?

This is not a critique of your post HIU, just some points to consider for others who may look into this thread.

The human justice system and God's Justice system, though similar, are not completely alike. Man's justice system is a shadow of God's Justice system.

Man's justice strives to reveal the truth of a matter and then attempts to adjudicate fairly.
God's Justice already knows the Truth and guarantees fair Justice.

Mans justice frequently allows for "mulligans".
God's Justice always adjudicates fairly and evenly according to the Will of God.

Dying on a cross wasn't enough?

The proof of God's love and desire to have a relationship with us is very "in your face". You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Most of the complaints against God are based on an emotional response. Some people are just built to live emotionally, not with logic and reason. Being a person who uses logic and reason I don't have a good emotional argument for these types of people.

But in order for them to have an emotional argument against God they first need to believe in God. At least that's a start.

My logical argument against this emotional response is:

This complaint against God being unfair is the simple argument of claiming that God is immoral.

The fact that we can argue that God is immoral is proof that He is not.

Prior to God's creation of the Universe the only thing that existed was God. Everything that existed at that time, and still, was and is "of" God. Morals, justice, love, ethics, etc. didn't and don't exist outside of God, they are apart of God.

When God created the Universe He included in that creation those non material characteristics that He has into his creation. Love, morals, justice, etc.

It would have been immoral of God to put into creation lesser versions of those characteristics than He has. Therefore if God could act immorally then that would be the highest moral value He could put into creation and thereby the highest moral value we could live by.

So if God could act immorally the best that we would be able to do would be to applaud Him for acting according to His character.

But we don't. We complain that He is immoral. Which is proof that He isn't. The created can't be greater than the Creator.

Sure. I have no interest in playing Lucifer's advocate, you must understand.

The emotional impact is a big part of the issue, and I agree, and many will declare God immoral for this reason alone. Lots of responses to that mentality, but it gets personal straight away. It's not easy to convey to someone your heart is not right in your approach to God. But I've done it nonetheless.

To me, it simply comes down to accepting things we don't want to accept. It is preposterous to proclaim God is immoral, but I believe individual people can think God was immoral to them.

As I said, even using argumentation which shows God is not immoral if we can complain that he is, places it into reasoning, logic. Emotion can trap the mind into not receiving truth.

Last edited:

Jan51

God has already proved His existence: the creation and the resurrection. If people choose not to consider those things, that is on them, not God. He is not obliged to offer any further proof (although He often graciously does).

As to someone accusing God of being unfair, I would ask them: who made YOU the Fairness Sheriff? Seems to me that God will decide what is fair. You do have the right to argue it with Him and present your case when you stand before Him! No problem there!

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I love it how the 'pop-famous' will belittle our faith and then turn around and quickly say "Don't preach to me!".

How are they offended by a God that they believe is a figment of our imagination? We tell them that the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life and they are very offended.

But this is the God that they do not believe in. Or.......... Does their soul know its the truth and they do not want to accept it? I think so.

God does not send anyone to hell. People choose to trample on the cross and the work of Christ, blaspheming His name and living how they want with no regard to their creator or His love for them. After a lifetime of selfish pursuits, they run out of chances and end up where they belong because they never wanted an eternity with God in the first place.

Justice served.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
How are they offended by a God that they believe is a figment of our imagination? We tell them that the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life and they are very offended.

But this is the God that they do not believe in. Or.......... Does their soul know its the truth and they do not want to accept it? I think so.

God does not send anyone to hell. People choose to trample on the cross and the work of Christ, blaspheming His name and living how they want with no regard to their creator or His love for them. After a lifetime of selfish pursuits, they run out of chances and end up where they belong because they never wanted an eternity with God in the first place.

Justice served.
Praise God, apart from Jesus Christ we'd all end up in a place where we belong...and deserved.

RogerThat

The only creature foolish enough to question their creator, is man.

Job 38:4-7

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
This whole passage where God rebukes Job always gives me chills.

pixelpusher

Haven't even read through this thread, but I have to address the title as I'm sure many of you did. IF God WANTED to send people to Hell, WHY in the WORLD would He have sent His SON to DIE for us?

Booo, Aaron Rodgers. Repent and live. God is not willing that any should perish, but come to everlasting life in Jesus!

Galoutofdixie

Looking up
People have a lot of underlying issues, that they like to pin on our heavenly Father. It makes it hard for them to put themselves into His hands, or even search Him out. For instance, I have a friend who was seriously abused by her earthly father, and she equates all of the worlds issues and pain with the heavenly Father because of it. These reasons are varied and individual, and all we can do is pray for them, keep telling them of the Good News, and that they will feel the love that their heavenly Father has for them.

Bethlehem57

It is the age old excuse for " I don't want to believe". Often they will say, " How can a loving God allow evil in the world"? or "Why are there so many denominations"? or How do you know the bible is true"? and it goes on and on. :woah
At times, I want to say, “Can you prove that God doesn’t exist? What about Jesus? Can you prove the Bible wrong?”
“What if all the people telling you that God exists, that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for the sins of those who would believe in Him and Hs saving work on the cross, ..in grace through faith...what if we’re right?

If I am wrong, I have nothing to lose.

But then again, what If you are wrong? You have everything to lose!

Bbopper

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope he sees the light soon. I always thought he was a bit aloof for my liking, but this attitude probably explains why. From what I understand he has also cut his family out of his life. Pride is a dangerous thing.

Len

Football player Aaron Rodgers tells Christians, "I don't know how you can believe in a God Who wants to condemn most of the world to a fiery Hell."

My answer? We don't believe in Allah.
My answer is God does not want them to go to Hell but they choose to go there themselves by rejecting God's get out of hell option....

Wings Like Eagles

Football player Aaron Rodgers tells Christians, "I don't know how you can believe in a God Who wants to condemn most of the world to a fiery Hell."

My answer? We don't believe in Allah.
Actually, what Rodgers said is an untruth. Of the estimated 12 billion people who have ever lived on the planet (some have estimated that the first four billion perished in the Flood), the vast majority of deaths would have been those of infants and young children. We know that they are all saved as Jesus said their "angels are ever before the throne of God". In addition, there are estimated to be 2.3 billion Christians currently in the world today. The Bible tells us that all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. It is estimated that at least 70 million Christian martyrs have been killed in the last 2,000 years--they are undoubtedly saved as well, along with many tens of millions more who were persecuted but not necessarily martyred.

The Apostle Peter tells us that God is not willing that anyone would perish but that all would come to repentance. God does NOT want to condemn anyone to hell, but His justice demands that those who do not plead the Blood of Jesus, His Son, Our Savior, over their sin, must be punished for their own sins. It is our choice.

Last edited: