How can you believe in a God that wants to send most of the world to Hell?

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Football player Aaron Rodgers tells Christians, "I don't know how you can believe in a God Who wants to condemn most of the world to a fiery Hell."

My answer? We don't believe in Allah.
He needs to read and study The :bible. John 3:16. 2 Peter 3:9. God is not willing that any should perish but all come to repentance. He needs to realize that we all have a choice reject or accept :fishthe gift of salvation. We make the decision heaven or hell.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Aaron Rodgers, you've condemned yourself to hell, but God would like to give you a reprieve. The same can be said for the rest of humanity. Ask Jesus Christ to wash your sins away and to be Lord of your life. The iron clad charges against you will be dismissed because the Son of God will have paid the price for your sins.

greg64

How can you not believe in a God who loves you so much that He came here, humbled Himself completely, and suffered and experienced a torturous death so you could avoid hell just by believing and accepting that gift? And he set that plan into motion as soon as mankind fell. And not only do you avoid hell, you get restored relationship with the one who created you.

It's been said that there's a God shaped vacuum in everyone's heart. If so, I think you've got to fill it with something... either God, Satan, or yourself. Only one of those choices is going to work out...

DanLMP

Sounds like he grew up in a legalistic church where God was aloof and judgmental and rigid, looking for reasons to exclude people. And that is not the true God of the Bible.
Amen. I was just talking to Father last night about the illogic of not understanding His love for us.

That statement sounds like the God that many have constructed in their mind based on their expectations of what they think God should be like. People come to that conclusion because it has been encouraged in the pulpits by many organized religions.

It is also why many of those religions don't encourage their followers to learn for themselves what is written in the Bible. It takes away the power that those religious leaders have.

The concept of God being cold, rigid and unloving is illogical.

ALL things come from God, including our ability to love. In no characteristic is it possible for man to exceed God. By effectively declaring that God is unloving we attempt to elevate ourselves above God.

How very "human" of us and how typical of humans considering that's part of mankind's first sin.

The only logical conclusion about God's love was quoted above from 2 Peter 3:9. Any other position is mankind trying to make himself God.

Rocky Rivera

Amen. I was just talking to Father last night about the illogic of not understanding His love for us.

That statement sounds like the God that many have constructed in their mind based on their expectations of what they think God should be like. People come to that conclusion because it has been encouraged in the pulpits by many organized religions.

It is also why many of those religions don't encourage their followers to learn for themselves what is written in the Bible. It takes away the power that those religious leaders have.

The concept of God being cold, rigid and unloving is illogical.

ALL things come from God, including our ability to love. In no characteristic is it possible for man to exceed God. By effectively declaring that God is unloving we attempt to elevate ourselves above God.

How very "human" of us and how typical of humans considering that's part of mankind's first sin.

The only logical conclusion about God's love was quoted above from 2 Peter 3:9. Any other position is mankind trying to make himself God.
Our first mistake is to think of ourselves in the place of God (i.e. if I were all-powerful, I would...). The trouble is that we are thinking with finite, sin-cursed minds and bodies. We can't run our own lives perfectly, much less the entire cosmos. Our second mistake is to think of God as "a better version of us."
Psalm 50:21 reads, "These things you have done, and I kept silent; you thought that I was altogether like you; but I will rebuke you, and set them in order before your eyes." But His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and His ways are higher than our ways. Is it really God that Aaron Rodgers turned away from, or an idol in his own mind made in his own image?

usoutpost31

I can imagine what would happen if God allowed, sinful, prideful, rebellious humanity to enter Heaven. The same thing that happened on earth; we'd be at enmity with God and among ourselves. Heaven would become corrupt and polluted and broken. It's the factor that Universalists never consider; if obeying and humbling yourself before God, or even recognizing his authority, isn't a requirement to enter Heaven, why would you obey or serve Him, or recognize his authority, once you were there?

The only way to preserve Heaven, perfect and holy as God intended, as it is described in the last two chapters of Revelation, is as the Bible says; to keep liars, fornicators, murderers, idolaters, etc. out. To only allow those who appear without blemish and without fault (Colossians 1:22) to enter its gates. And the only way we can obtain this is through Jesus Christ, who bore our iniquities, justifies the ungodly, and imputed his righteousness to us.

Hell is a difficult concept to understand at times. But not as difficult as the idea that there is no judgment awaiting those who transgress God's laws or that we simply live in an amoral universe where justice is never balanced.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
The only creature foolish enough to question their creator, is man.

Job 38:4-7

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Our first mistake is to think of ourselves in the place of God (i.e. if I were all-powerful, I would...). The trouble is that we are thinking with finite, sin-cursed minds and bodies. We can't run our own lives perfectly, much less the entire cosmos. Our second mistake is to think of God as "a better version of us."
Psalm 50:21 reads, "These things you have done, and I kept silent; you thought that I was altogether like you; but I will rebuke you, and set them in order before your eyes." But His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and His ways are higher than our ways. Is it really God that Aaron Rodgers turned away from, or an idol in his own mind made in his own image?
Oh, that's good!

Graceismine

It is the age old excuse for " I don't want to believe". Often they will say, " How can a loving God allow evil in the world"? or "Why are there so many denominations"? or How do you know the bible is true"? and it goes on and on. :woah

Football player Aaron Rodgers tells Christians, "I don't know how you can believe in a God Who wants to condemn most of the world to a fiery Hell."

My answer? We don't believe in Allah.
My answer: We don't. We believe in the God of the Bible, who said:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NASB)

It is the age old excuse for " I don't want to believe". Often they will say, " How can a loving God allow evil in the world"? or "Why are there so many denominations"? or How do you know the bible is true"? and it goes on and on. :woah
Pretty much; as Frank Turek has noted, most times, it's not a question of reason as it is volition. He often asks those who question him : "If the Bible were true, would you believe it?" And I suspect many would proclaim "NO!", because they do not want God to exist, let alone have to give an account of their lives to Him.

LisaJoe1986

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this and so needed to have this argument when I see my oldest son this weekend. he told me once that if he were God, he would not have done things the way He did because the result is the world is so messed up. Thank you for sharing this.

"I don't know how you can believe in a God Who wants to condemn most of the world to a fiery Hell."
In a world where a man can be rich and famous throughout to world for tossing around a little ball, I don't see his atheist world as any reasonable alternative.

Perhaps your undeserved life has made you feel guilty? Could it be? All you've seemed to have done in your life is enrich yourself, at the little people's expense.

Leave the little people their God, Aaron, and enjoy your life while you have breath, because the real downtrodden and rejected by this world are not looking to you for help. Lord knows you won't give it.

God's Servant

I used to ask this too. But He answered me. Yes God loves us. But God hates wickedness. If you read through the Old Testament, you can tell, He even says it! God is a just and righteous God. That righteous attribute of God demands that sinners pay a price. Just as we as sinners can recognize (at least we used to be able to) that a pedophile is guilty of sin and should be punished and we feel anger about them and demand justice. So try to put yourselves in His shoes, if at all possible, and imagine how HE feels about allowing people to continue disobeying Him, then still believe that He has no right to punish the guilty, He MUST punish someone! His righteous and HOLY attribute demands it.

BUT because He loves us, He sent His Word, in the form of his own creation and allowed that creation to mock, beat and kill Him just to absorb the full wrath of God, that He might be appeased. For one moment Jesus was separated from God the Father, as all the sins of the world at the time and the times to come, came onto Him. The perfect redemption plan that we will spend many eternities in Heaven trying to understand and we will never come close.

God's Servant

I can imagine what would happen if God allowed, sinful, prideful, rebellious humanity to enter Heaven. The same thing that happened on earth; we'd be at enmity with God and among ourselves. Heaven would become corrupt and polluted and broken. It's the factor that Universalists never consider; if obeying and humbling yourself before God, or even recognizing his authority, isn't a requirement to enter Heaven, why would you obey or serve Him, or recognize his authority, once you were there?

The only way to preserve Heaven, perfect and holy as God intended, as it is described in the last two chapters of Revelation, is as the Bible says; to keep liars, fornicators, murderers, idolaters, etc. out. To only allow those who appear without blemish and without fault (Colossians 1:22) to enter its gates. And the only way we can obtain this is through Jesus Christ, who bore our iniquities, justifies the ungodly, and imputed his righteousness to us.

Hell is a difficult concept to understand at times. But not as difficult as the idea that there is no judgment awaiting those who transgress God's laws or that we simply live in an amoral universe where justice is never balanced.
Absolutely. Well said.

Eric Nicholas

It's a dishonest question right out of the gate. He doesn't "want" to send people to hell. I tend to believe that people choose that of their own volition, perhaps out of willful ignorance, which is dreadfully sad. Now, do I think they contemplate that (hell) to its fullness, or as full as we can in our current form? No, probably not. If so, I don't think so many would have a devil may care disposition about it. And then there's the whole salvation thing, which as every brother and sister well knows, is absolutely critical and transformative. So, I am not sure if he is being dishonest on purpose or he genuinely doesn't have much, if any sort of biblical maturity. I'd wager it's the latter, as the objection is one you would probably have in your younger struggles in the faith, as the sheer wording of it suggests.