House Republicans vote on bill to abolish IRS, end income tax

my2babysmama

I think this is just a smaller piece of the bigger whole. You don't need an IRS or income tax once the CBDC systems are rolled out, do you? Everything just gets yeeted automatically. Can't hide it either.

(First-time poster, long-time lurker)
This is the first time I have seen a grown up adult use the word "yeet!" My kids say it all the time. I think it means "throw"?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Why waste valuable time on a bill that has exactly zero chance of ever being signed into law? It is as futile as presenting a bill for congressional term limits.

I think it is all for political show for the 90% of Republicans who aren't in Congress to serve their constituents. Next election cycle they can go home and brag that they voted to abolish the IRS, voted to investigate the DOJ, etc., even though nothing comes from those votes. If there was actually a chance of some of the stuff they're doing and will do becoming law, the votes would be harder to come by.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
This is the first time I have seen a grown up adult use the word "yeet!" My kids say it all the time. I think it means "throw"?
Yes, I had to look it up, and apparently it's origin began around 2014 when it described a dance called by this name. Later, it came to mean to throw with force. I don't ever plan to use this word. I don't like the sound of it, the supposed meaning of it, and the fact that grown people will try to work it into their conversations with colleagues to demonstrate their state of cool. :cool:
Not cool, imo

katt

House Republicans vote on bill to abolish IRS, end income tax
While the bill submitted to the House says it is meant "to rescind certain balances made available to the Internal Revenue Service," the full legislation hopes to abolish the IRS and income tax.
By AARON REICH
Published: JANUARY 11, 2023

Republicans in the US House of Representatives voted on Monday to abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and replace income tax with a national sales tax. The move was made by newly-elected US House Speaker Kevin McCarthy as part of the concessions he was forced to make to several Republican holdouts who refused to vote for him, which had resulted in a deadlock in voting for a new speaker 15 times.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-728252
This house is not going to be able get anything of substance done as long as the Senate holds even a slight Democrat majority.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This house is not going to be able get anything of substance done as long as the Senate holds even a slight Democrat majority.

But on day one with their first bill(s), after they vote on them they talk about it as if it is already a done deal and conservative media, for the most part, is doing the same thing. In other words, conservative media (if there really is any of that) are propagandizing just like the lamestream media.

At reporter school they must be teaching students to tell their audience what they think they want to hear... forget about the truth, the facts, the details.

Back