House Hunters shows

Batman

The shows are now about show boating, unrealistic budgets and spending that ordinary folks cannot do, and silly sounding and almost embarrassing coveting..............then there's the constant gay/lesbian host(s) and featured couples being pushed off on the viewer.................then there's the bad acting and script-like plots and staged shot after shot flow with easily obvious bad reading of lines and facial expressions. I hate them and rarely watch any more.

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
The shows are now about show boating, unrealistic budgets and spending that ordinary folks cannot do, and silly sounding and almost embarrassing coveting..............then there's the constant gay/lesbian host(s) and featured couples being pushed off on the viewer.................then there's the bad acting and script-like plots and staged shot after shot flow with easily obvious bad reading of lines and facial expressions. I hate them and rarely watch any more.
Don’t forget the required wine! They always have to talk about where and what they are going to drink or party with.

Perpetualbug

Not me. My husband and I have always enjoyed the show although we don't have the chance to watch it as often. I have heard that the home buyers have already chosen and purchased the home ahead of time, but I still enjoy trying to figure out which home they bought and I like to see what they do with the home after buying. But, I've also always enjoyed looking at Floorplans and trying to imagine what furniture I would place where, etc. I lay in bed at night re-arranging my own home or changing the layout. Just something I enjoy. I don't find myself envious really, just enjoy the process.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Not me. My husband and I have always enjoyed the show although we don't have the chance to watch it as often. I have heard that the home buyers have already chosen and purchased the home ahead of time, but I still enjoy trying to figure out which home they bought and I like to see what they do with the home after buying. But, I've also always enjoyed looking at Floorplans and trying to imagine what furniture I would place where, etc. I lay in bed at night re-arranging my own home or changing the layout. Just something I enjoy. I don't find myself envious really, just enjoy the process.
I enjoyed it for awhile too but it's making me crazy moving furniture around.
I have to say my living room looks awesome though. lol

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I enjoyed it for awhile too but it's making me crazy moving furniture around.

I've got an antique couch from the late 1800's that you're welcome to. It'll break you of the habit of moving furniture around. It's so heavy that I can't move it. I think I'm gonna offer it free to a good home just to get rid of it. I've had it for decades. Bought it for $25 and then paid about $700 in the 1980s to have it refurbished and reclothed in its original style. When I was younger I could move it around... but not anymore. So come get it. Bring a couple of strong backs with you. Enjoy the drive here, it's spectacular!

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I've got an antique couch from the late 1800's that you're welcome to. It'll break you of the habit of moving furniture around. It's so heavy that I can't move it. I think I'm gonna offer it free to a good home just to get rid of it. I've had it for decades. Bought it for $25 and then paid about $700 in the 1980s to have it refurbished and reclothed in its original style. When I was younger I could move it around... but not anymore. So come get it. Bring a couple of strong backs with you. Enjoy the drive here, it's spectacular!
When I retire I would love to travel there. I know DH wants to. His niece lives in Anchorage and her husband is a bush pilot.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Related are the house flipper shows. I despise house flippers because they run prices up and the workmanship and materials are just barely passable. What they tell us is so cool, functional, attractive, etc. isn't.

ChildofLight

I watch Sell this House as it’s on a freebie channel. It basically just painting and staging. I like the less cluttered look which I am going for in this stage of life. Some of those people’s homes make mine look nice n clean. That is if that is really how their house looks with clothes laying all over the place and dust n dirt.
The show I didn’t like was Trading Places. There was one lady designer that didn’t care what the people wanted. Everything was outlandish. Feathers glued on one entire walk. A military family that wanted something besides red white n blue and that was what she gave them. The family was heartbroken and crying when they saw it. The show had to redo their home for free.

Leigh

I use to love House Hunters. But the homosexual couples...I didn't enjoy. I never liked Love it or List it. Too much drama.

I never understood how young couples could afford such expensive homes and have such large down payments. And then remodel????

I havent watched in years.
Yes, we enjoy House Hunters but definitely turn it off when it features homosexual couples.

Totally agree about the ridiculous drama on Love it or List it! And we also say the same things about the young couples with the million dollar budgets!

The main reason I enjoy House Hunters is because I like seeing how homes differ across the country. (Or around the world, on International HH.) I've only lived in Georgia and SC and find it interesting what houses look like in other states. :)

Carl

I didn't know that the shows were that fake. I do not watch them. I do like the Holm's shows though. The reason is that I like the behind the scenes on how houses are actually put together. Then there is Homestead Rescue. And Building off the Grid.