Horrid US Women's Soccer Team Kneels for Anthem, Wears 'Black Lives Matter' Gear

antitox

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/us-womens-soccer-team-kneels-anthem-wears-black-lives-matter

The U.S. women’s soccer team wore “Black Lives Matter” warm-up gear Friday before most of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem prior to a match against the Netherlands at Rat Verlegh Stadium in the city of Breda.

The team’s Twitter account claimed the pregame attire was designed to “affirm human decency.”

“This is not political, it’s a statement on human rights,” it said.

U.S. Soccer WNT
@USWNT
We wear Black Lives Matter to affirm human decency. This is not political, it’s a statement on human rights.

USWNT member Crystal Dunn tweeted a statement explaining the team’s rationale.

“We love our country, and it is a true honor to represent America. It is also our duty to demand that the liberties and freedoms that our country was founded on extend to everyone,” the statement read.

“Today, we wear Black Lives Matter to affirm human decency. We protest against racial injustice and police brutality against Black people. We protest against the racist infrastructures that do not provide equal opportunity for black and brown people to fulfill their dreams, including playing on this team,” it said.

“As the United States Women’s National team players, we collectively work toward a society where the American ideas are upheld, and Black lives are no longer systematically targeted. Black Lives Matter.”

The national team continued to show disdain for its home country during the national anthem, when many of the players took a knee on foreign soil.

Hedonist
@The_Hedonist_6
USWNT taking the knee during the national anthem (ESPN did not show it)

Many on Twitter fumed at the display.

Tracelu
@TracyCrowley03
Thank you so much for letting me know! I can now make sure my family no longer supports the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team. BLM is a terrorist organization. Shame on you. ALL lives matter. Bye!!

Robert
@Robert41746713
I guess it’s time to stop watching and support the US Women’s soccer team!
If you’re going to protest the national anthem and support BLM, you should be removed from the team! World sports especially, exist to put differences aside! Where’s Jesse Owen’s family to protest them!!

Doracle Oracle
@DoracleOracle
US women's soccer team shows support for Black Lives Matter in first match in over 200 days https://foxnews.com/sports/us-womens-soccer-team-black-lives-matter… #FoxNews These pseudo women may be winners in soccer, but they sure as hell are losers in the morality game.

JB
@outdoorjb77
Replying to @USWNT and @tyce_lawler
No other organization on earth is as inclusive and non racial as sports but the US Soccer WNT wants to use their sport to devide us. At one time I was excited about women’s soccer in the USA but no more.

Laban Sam DeFriese
@Laban_Defriese
Replying to @USWNT
It is political And literally everyone agrees that black lives matter. No one has a problem with that. It would be nice to just watch a sporting event without politics.

The U.S. team won the match 2-0. The friendly was a rematch of the 2019 World Cup finals, also won 2-0 by the United States.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Well, there go their ratings......wait....do more than 3 people watch women’s soccer??

My youngest son and I used to watch their world cup games. We don't have tv so we'd go to the local university where they had a place set up to show the games. Won't be watching anymore. Even though they're champs, their games weren't all that exciting. The difference between men's soccer and women's is significant. Our men, unfortunately, aren't worth watching.

CodyRhodesDiva

I don't soccer that much but I do watch the NFL (particularly my Seattle Seahawks), the NBA, the NHL and college football and basketball (especially the Kentucky Wildcats). I used to watch MLB baseball but they remind me of my late maternal grandmother and my late aunt (she was a huge fan of the Seattle Mariners).

moosejive

Most of the sports teams, both men and women, seem to be disrespectful to the extreme anymore. I’ve never really watched sports on TV, but if I did I would not be any longer. The people are good at doing that one thing so much better than the majority of other people, however...it doesn’t give them the right to ram their personal and moral decisions down everyone’s throats. For heaven’s sake, you get paid for playing a game, it’s not a life and death type of job. Show that kind of respect for people who do lay their lives on the line on a daily basis, like police, military, firefighters or healthcare workers, etc...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The US women's soccer team lost to Canada in the semi-finals. The long time world dominant team has certainly lost their mojo and it has shown at the 2021 Olympics. This was only the 4th Canadian win against the US out of 62 games. Canada hadn't beaten the US team in 20 years.

The USA will play a consolation game against Australia for the bronse. May Australia beat them. Their earlier match was a tie.

The proud and haughty US women's soccer tean have been knocked off their pedestal!

Andy C

Im glad our women’s soccer team lost, and I hope they lose the final game.

To be fair to the Olympic atheletes, there are only a few who could be a risk with antics on the podium, the rest all appear to feel fortunate to represent their country, and wokeness will not play any part for them.

I watched all the swimming, half the gymnastics, and will watch certain events for track and field.

The past five days, I watched all 5 days of the annual Crossfit games. Very motivating. Tough global competitors.

Andy C

I have not watched and will not watch any sports that allows kneeling to disrespect the country I served for.

I have watched zero Olympics this year. If the US Olympic committee allows this, I will not watch.
They dont allow it like the NFL does. Athletes are not allowed to show any protest on the podium. However, they do allow a show of protest BEFORE the event. To my knowledge, only the soccer team has done anything.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This is ironic because a few years ago women's soccer was on the upswing and became world beaters in a dramatic final.
None of the present Woke nonsense is going to help their popularity. I only wonder whether they can recover their respected status.

The USA probably needs to start over with a whole new roster of up and comers who haven't developed attitudes and who will be grateful to be on the US team.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The USA women's soccer team beat Australia for the bronze, 4-3. None-the-less, the overall results is a massive embarrassment for the long time world domination that the USA team enjoyed. For them, the bronze is like a participation medal, or a reminder of their great fall. They merit nothing better.

Hopefully the USA women's soccer program will review its roster and make quite a few changes. Several member of the current team should no longer be on the team, and that includes rapinhoe. For a woman, she was a very good striker. She's lost her mojo.

Soccer is an extremely demanding sport and women's games are not popular to watch because they appear to be less intense than watching a couple of mediocre male high school teams playing. I've watched our women's soccer team play in the last couple of World Cups... and it was difficult to watch even though I was watching the best teams in the world.

It was hard to watch the US men's team just because they aren't very competitive on the world stage. The USA does not have a well organized path to the development of exceptional soccer players. What is in place is mostly a failure as most of the coaches in the system are washed out players, many of whom make poor coaches to begin with. Our Olympic development program for soccer players leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. It's a little better for women because a female soccer player is practically guaranteed a generous scholarship to play for a college, even if she's a mediocre player... So the USA women have more opportunity to develop than the men do.

Andy C

The USA women's soccer team beat Australia for the bronze, 4-3. None-the-less, the overall results is a massive embarrassment for the long time world domination that the USA team enjoyed. For them, the bronze is like a participation medal, or a reminder of their great fall. They merit nothing better.

Hopefully the USA women's soccer program will review its roster and make quite a few changes. Several member of the current team should no longer be on the team, and that includes rapinhoe. For a woman, she was a very good striker. She's lost her mojo.

Soccer is an extremely demanding sport and women's games are not popular to watch because they appear to be less intense than watching a couple of mediocre male high school teams playing. I've watched our women's soccer team play in the last couple of World Cups... and it was difficult to watch even though I was watching the best teams in the world.

It was hard to watch the US men's team just because they aren't very competitive on the world stage. The USA does not have a well organized path to the development of exceptional soccer players. What is in place is mostly a failure as most of the coaches in the system are washed out players, many of whom make poor coaches to begin with. Our Olympic development program for soccer players leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. It's a little better for women because a female soccer player is practically guaranteed a generous scholarship to play for a college, even if she's a mediocre player... So the USA women have more opportunity to develop than the men do.
Yes and no. The last time the US womens team won the Olympics was 2012, and they did not medal in 2016.

They have won the Olympics 4 times, but its been awhile.