Horoscopes

Len

I remember a time in my pre christian days and my horoscope said i was gonna have the worst month ever...... I lost everything that following week, the place eas flooded and i lost my car, all my worldly goods and job..... I was amazed at it!! But just a "lucky" guess at the time, as were not often very good or accurate. Since learing the truth from God, i know who directs and holds MY future

Salluz

Reading horoscopes seems to be like getting a subscription to the enemy's club sort of. I don't want to invite that stuff into my life or open the door for it. I won't read fortune cookies as a matter of principle either.
I get a lot of fleeting ideas that I would never actually pursue... one of them was to open a Christian Chinese food restaurant and put proverbs in the fortune cookies :lol

DanLMP

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful words of wisdom. I know my trust must always be in the Lord and nothing else... My faith has been a bit battered lately and my defenses are definitely not what they aught to be.
I need to start praying and getting into His Word more again... My boyfriend and I used to pray together all the time, and we'd study the Bible for hours sometimes. We've kind of fallen away from that lately, I'm not sure why. I'm praying really hard that we can both get back into it.

Thank you all again, this is a good wake up call for sure!
Here is what I do. Maybe it will work for you.

I don't "pray" to God. I talk to Him, all day long, everyday. He's listening and watching all day anyway so why not talk to him too?

I talk to Him about everything, even the stuff that some people think is unimportant. I thank Him for things when He helps me and ask Him for help in everything else.
I set aside some minutes at the end of the day to kneel and talk too.

The goal here is to get comfortable with including God in your life. Your whole life, not just your Christian life. He has already told us that is what He wants. And if you think about it, it's not really a hard thing to do.

That is what prayer really is. It is not intended to be hard. God wants you to talk to Him so He makes it easy.

HeIsRisen

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful words of wisdom. I know my trust must always be in the Lord and nothing else... My faith has been a bit battered lately and my defenses are definitely not what they aught to be.
I need to start praying and getting into His Word more again... My boyfriend and I used to pray together all the time, and we'd study the Bible for hours sometimes. We've kind of fallen away from that lately, I'm not sure why. I'm praying really hard that we can both get back into it.

Thank you all again, this is a good wake up call for sure!
You are young and wiser than many your age. Dont be too hard on yourself, sister, because you are surely blessed already to have a youthful faith. Many are raised in sunset, as opposed to sunrise, in their lives, and as such, live long hard lives, without being able to experience the relationship with the Lord.
One other thing came to mind as I read posts on this subject *you inparticular.* I meant what I said about life being difficult when married, if married long enough. It's a common theme I see in many married couples....troubled times do come. I want to extend one more caution to you. If you give this false horoscope thing any merit whatsoever, then once you are married, and when troubled times do come, you will be tempted to believe this horoscope was right and that you and your husband are indeed incompatible. It's easy when times are easy, but when hard times fall on your marriage, which I believe they will, you will be looking for answers....and this horoscope will be tempting, as will a divorce.....please set your mind now, and keep it set. Marriage belongs to God first, and He gave it to us...it literally is His Covenant. I highly suggest you learn about that now (do some research on the subject and see many of the very well written articles online about it....learn, young sister, what exactly it is you are getting into). This is not meant, at all, to scare you, but to encourage your edification. That way, you two will go into it with proper understanding, and will work all that much harder to do as the Lord prescribed in scripture, to ensure your marriage is a cut above, and then, your lives will be a cut above.
Man, if I could be 20 now, with all that I've learned, how much better would I have lived my own life????
Anyway, you and your young man have true love between you. THAT is what the Lord wants us to start with. Be happy, joyous and freely trusting in the Lord, and have no fear. You and he will be fine!!! Marry that fella if you love him with your whole heart and believe in your heart, that he loves you the same (you should know based on how he treats you....does he cater to your wishes, and desire to please you and see you pleased? If he does, then he loves you and wants to see you happy, which I know to be a symptom of a man's love for a woman......
OK, I will hush now, but I just want to "fight against" what this nonsense has done to you and encourage you to be free and happy and joyous in your found love....entering marriage with a joyful heart of thanksgiving to the Lord, because He gave this to us, creating you for that young man you desire so much. It IS GOD'S WILL....and it is so wonderful. I don't want satan to steal and of your joy....at all....be blessed, young sister......