Honoring All Who Served

billy swinea

WAITING ON JESUS
PRECIOUS MARY I AM SHOCKED! THIS POST SHOULD HAVE HUNDRED'S OF RESPONSES! I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND AM PROUD TO BE IN THE USA! SWEET SISTER MARY I HONOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOU AS A FINE CHRISTIAN! I WAS DRAFTED IN 1970 BUT WAS TURNED DOWN FOR VERY POOR VISION. I WILL ADMIT I WAS SCARED TO DEATH! WE WERE AT WAR AT THE TIME. I WAS JUST 18. BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO BE A DRAFT DODGER! FATHER GOD HAS BEEN VERY GOOD TO ME IN MY LIFE! I LOVE YOU SWEET SISTER MARY AND YOUR FAMILY! PRAYING FOR YOU IN JESUS MOST HOLY NAME! billy.

antitox

I tried to join the Air Force and was rejected (medically). But I sure do love the military. I've gone to so many airshows with army choppers, navy, marine,air force pilots. Love it all! At the Dallas Naval Air Station they had POWs there who has been shot down and captured but ended up coming back home. They got a salute with a flyover, I cried. Then they walked down the line of people and shook hands with us. Made my day.

SonSeeker

My entire family served in the US Navy. Mother, father, brother, and 1 uncle. My dad didn't want me to enlist, he said that our family had done enough. But, I have done my share of volunteer work with civic organizations, self-help fellowships, and have been a 'force-multiplier' for the Border Patrol.

athenasius

In Canada we celebrate this as Remembrance Day. We thank all those who serve their countries not just in Canada but abroad. It is a noble thing and something to be honoured. Thank you.

I didn't see this thread that day, I think I was away that day, and I remember saying thank you within the Dinner table thread but not seeing this one. Apologies for not seeing it earlier.

Thank you to all who serve or served! Your sacrifices make a happy safe life possible for your country and many others around the earth.

antitox

My daughter served about 5 yrs in the army. She was deployed to the Iraq war. She was in Mosul and a couple of other locations manning the perimeter towers - dodging bullets. I was worried sick. Prayed for her life every day. When she came back I was so glad. (Her assignment was Hummer mechanic) When she was out there she had sent letters talking about how hard it was. When she went out to retrieve broken down vehicles they often had to pick up the wounded. Her letters gave me a clue about PTSD.

Mary Cole

My daughter served about 5 yrs in the army. She was deployed to the Iraq war. She was in Mosul and a couple of other locations manning the perimeter towers - dodging bullets. I was worried sick. Prayed for her life every day. When she came back I was so glad. (Her assignment was Hummer mechanic) When she was out there she had sent letters talking about how hard it was. When she went out to retrieve broken down vehicles they often had to pick up the wounded. Her letters gave me a clue about PTSD.
My son was also in the Iraq war, deployed to Haditha. He was the radio-man. He told me how as a radio-man, he was the prime target. Take him out, and there would be no communications. He told me that he once heard a bullet whizz right by his ear.

antitox

My son was also in the Iraq war, deployed to Haditha. He was the radio-man. He told me how as a radio-man, he was the prime target. Take him out, and there would be no communications. He told me that he once heard a bullet whizz right by his ear.
Some veterans would tell me at work in the factory we were in that they would hear sounds sometimes from machines or otherwise that sound like that little click they used to hear when a bullet whizzed by them and they would start to dive under the tables. Must take a long time to get adjusted.