Hold Fast!

RestInHim

I never met Dr. Mike, but, I know that I/we will meet Him one day, soon I believe. So much is going on in the world but we must not let it take away our joy, our peace and our hope.
We do serve "The Most High God" the One who does not lie and keeps His promises and the One who will complete His work in us.(Phil. 1: 6) We must fight the good fight of faith and run the race that is set before us. (Heb. 12: 1)

(Heb. 6: 17-20)
" Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of His purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

(2 Cor. 4: 16-18)
"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

The Prophet Jeremiah faced a rebellious people and they also hated him for the truth he spoke. But, the Lord commanded him to speak to them and to not diminish a word. He told him not to be afraid of them and that he would deliver him. The Lord told him that they would fight against him but that they would not prevail against him.

No matter what we are facing we know that our lives are in His hand and every step we take is ordered by the Lord! We can rest in Him and accept His will for our lives because He makes no mistakes. We must stand on the word of God, not our emotions and feelings and our wants and desires. We all battle these in one way or another, I do too, but it is God's word that stands true and we can trust that He will do all in our lives to do good for us and to bring glory to His name. Our lives are not our own for we have been bought with a price and Satan tries everything He can to tear us from the perfect plan that our Heavenly Father has for our lives. We can trust Him.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego we're strong and courageous and their hope was in their "Their Most High God" not in man, not in money or fame or anything this world has to offer for all those things are but fleeting and will cause us to take our eyes off of Him.

(1 Cor. 2: 9)
"But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him."

We too can be strong and courageous in The Lord in our times of trials and temptations for we are promised that....

(1 Cor. 10: 13)
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." (1 Cor. 10: 13)

We have nothing to fear because just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, our God is in control of our entire life. He will not allow anything to come into our lives without His permission first and if He does it is because He will use it for good and for His glory.

(Rom. 8: 28)
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."

This is one of my favorite verses...
(Isaiah 41: 10)
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

(Heb. 13: 6)
"So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

(Psalm 94: 19)
"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."

Just like God will keep His promise to regather the people of Israel again, He will keep His promises to us too.

(Heb. 10: 22-23)
"let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."