Hobbies in heaven

amystery

amystery............... maybe we will be "cruising" the galaxies in an opulent ship of sorts???
Bountiful meals included, of course. lol
Yes!!! Now, that is what I'm talking about!!! Ha ha! Don't worry y'all, I know whatever we do there will make anything my little pea-brain comes up with seem like kicking dirt! :laugh

ChildofLight

This isn't a hobby, but for many years I've had this hope that someday in heaven, I'll be sitting on the front porch swing at my mansion and Jesus comes by, sits down with me, and we sit there just swinging and talking. I also wonder if we'll all be able to sing, draw, grow things, etc. because I really don't have any "gifts" here on earth. I'd love to be able to sing because, at present, I can't carry a tune in a suitcase. I'd also love to be able to grow things, especially since I once killed a cactus. :alone
I agree. Can I come and join y’all. I’ll bring the ice tea or lemonade.
I also would love to be able to sing. My entire family has no musical talent at all. Can’t carry a tune and none of us even have rhythm.

Bethlehem57

My interests include writing, making jewelry, caring for animals, and gardening. I’m hoping that the Lord finds a place for these interests of mine...

:cloud9
Still looking forward to being the Lord’s stable hand! I wonder if horses will poo in Heaven?

All my life I have loved them and have been criticized by the world because I don't need the standard tall, thin horse trainer type person and I have always been on the budget end of training so I always did it myself! Thank the Lord I won't have to meet anyone else's standard except for my Lord and Savior Himself!

Bethlehem57

I hope we do, so I can swim underwater without goggles! Or dive
We won't have to worry about sharks anymore! They scare me, and if they fall in with every other animal, they won't eat anymore....wonder if they will still be around? I think they are amazing but deadly!

Batman

We won't have to worry about sharks anymore! They scare me, and if they fall in with every other animal, they won't eat anymore....wonder if they will still be around? I think they are amazing but deadly!
Seems to me that sharks will be changed like all other members of the animal/creature kingdom so they would have to eat underwater vegetation but perhaps salt seas won't be a limitation of where they can live and be.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
In biblical symbolism, rolling and boiling seas represented the chaos and violence brought into this world by sin. It is not surprising that John (a fisherman who worked on the often stormy Sea of Galilee) would have used that metaphor (being without any seas) to describe an earth made new. In Genesis, we are told that it didn't even rain in the Garden before the Fall--that everything was watered by a mist that came up from the ground.
But... I'm British! Complaining about the rain is a favourite national pastime! I can't give that up! :p

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Are you going to model it after the USS Enterprise? Beam me up!
Maybe. I might model it after the U.S.S Voyager. I haven't decided yet. But if I do model it after the Enterprise it'll be the Enterprise D and her sister ships. The galaxy-class ships are gorgeous.

my2babysmama

I love this thread! It is so encouraging and much needed. Sometimes I love to sit and think about what my "place" is going to be like. I picture a lovely cabin in the country with a beautiful stream flowing by. The softest grass to sit in, fragrant flowers all around that I can't kill, and horses. No bugs! Or if there are, they won't be annoying! Beautiful sunshine and just spending time with the Lord and family and friends. I really pray that I will be able to see history. One of my friends said that if she had a superpower it would be the eyes of history, and I would so love that. To be able to stand on any patch of earth and witness the history of it would be wonderful. I want to sing to the Lord, to be able to play the flute. I would love to visit outer space but always come home.
Thank you for this thread! It is so easy to get weighed down by everything that is happening in the world. This is a good reminder that we will not be here forever. Jesus, please come to take us home!