Hobbies in heaven

Wings Like Eagles

While I understand what you are all saying..........
Isn't it "funny" that we think of heaven with pets, hobbies, etc. that all have a worldly perspective?
God has said He has prepared a place for us that is beyond what we can even think or imagine ........
Everything there may be totally different and new from what we have known here on earth.
I don't want to cling to anything that I have or enjoy on this earth.
I want to be blown away by whatever it is He has for us there.
I do think though, that God will not want us to be totally disoriented--which we would be if it was too dissimilar to everything we knew from this life. This world was created specifically for mankind and it was perfect at the Beginning--just as God Himself is perfect. When mankind fell, through the rebellion of Adam and Eve, it set chaos loose. I do think as well that there will be wonders beyond our feeble imagining on this side of Paradise. :)

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I listened to a sermon on the Revealing Mysteries of Heaven and it was so encouraging! The pastor mentions in the New Earth, we will have limitless opportunities for hobbies, jobs, and discovery! He said of course there won’t be a need for doctors or pastors in Heaven, but the fact that we’d get to pursue all the other things that we don’t get around to doing here sounds so amazing :) I get goosebumps when I receive revelation from Jesus or when I have God winks, I can’t imagine what it must feel like to have Jesus visibly in my presence FOREVER! I may just be in a Jesus hug for the first 1000years Lol. But when I’m ok to back away from the hug, I want to explore the oceans and swim with dolphins and whales in the wild (I’m assuming they will be there) and study underwater :)
I heard just recently there are no seas in heaven.
Rev. 21:1
There's lots of opinions on what that means.
I SO love being at the ocean.

Wings Like Eagles

In biblical symbolism, rolling and boiling seas represented the chaos and violence brought into this world by sin. It is not surprising that John (a fisherman who worked on the often stormy Sea of Galilee) would have used that metaphor (being without any seas) to describe an earth made new. In Genesis, we are told that it didn't even rain in the Garden before the Fall--that everything was watered by a mist that came up from the ground.

Last edited:

MichelleinFl

The pastor who taught the sermon mentioned this as well...but he said we won’t need salt in Heaven because salt is to prevent decay, but God...Heaven will be full of so many things our minds cannot comprehend, so I’m sure whatever He has in place of saltwater or the stormy seas will be beyond amazing :)

Medowmuffin

While I understand what you are all saying..........
Isn't it "funny" that we think of heaven with pets, hobbies, etc. that all have a worldly perspective?
God has said He has prepared a place for us that is beyond what we can even think or imagine ........
Everything there may be totally different and new from what we have known here on earth.
I don't want to cling to anything that I have or enjoy on this earth.
I want to be blown away by whatever it is He has for us there.
I’m with u. I want to see what I’ve never seen. I have a very vivid imagination so I bet my mansion is awesome.

I’m Ready

Had to come back to this thread for encouragement! A good friend of mine said the other day that we won’t really “hang out” with others in Heaven because we will busy serving Jesus…I of course want to serve the Lord in Heaven and on Earth but I also want to be around friends and family who are there for eternity too! Worshipping, playing games/sports, visiting…you name it, I hope it’s in fellowship with those I love here and now!

kathymendel

I believe we will know and interact with those we have known and loved here on earth........... I also believe as brothers and sisters in Christ, in our new and glorified bodies - and minds - we will all love each other and enjoy fellowship together that will be deeper than we've ever known. If we don't have sports, hobbies, etc. as
we have here on earth, I believe it will be replaced by something even greater and more enjoyable..........like traveling through the universe and visiting the planets,
or being able to travel over the earth to visit the places we always read about but were never able to see in real time. I have had dreams and imagined that we will
form one GLORIOUS choir, all singing in perfect key, unbelievingly beautiful hymns of praise to our God.

amystery

This thread is great! I have joked that there surely must be cruise ships in heaven, that I love cruising so much that surely God put that on my heart and wouldn’t take it away from me, ha ha! I can only imagine what we’ll be doing in heaven that’s so above and beyond our wildest dreams. It’s so much fun and exciting to think about! We really need to focus on this kind of stuff these days or the world and all its sorrows can really consume us.

RobinMc

This thread is great! I have joked that there surely must be cruise ships in heaven, that I love cruising so much that surely God put that on my heart and wouldn’t take it away from me, ha ha! I can only imagine what we’ll be doing in heaven that’s so above and beyond our wildest dreams. It’s so much fun and exciting to think about! We really need to focus on this kind of stuff these days or the world and all its sorrows can really consume us.
I don't know about the cruise ships, doesn't Rev 21:1 say there will be no more sea? How about river boat cruising? There will be a river running thru New Jerusalem.

TimeWarpWife

This isn't a hobby, but for many years I've had this hope that someday in heaven, I'll be sitting on the front porch swing at my mansion and Jesus comes by, sits down with me, and we sit there just swinging and talking. I also wonder if we'll all be able to sing, draw, grow things, etc. because I really don't have any "gifts" here on earth. I'd love to be able to sing because, at present, I can't carry a tune in a suitcase. I'd also love to be able to grow things, especially since I once killed a cactus. :alone